Re: Harrogate, Man U or Eastleigh in 2 weeks

CathedralCounty wrote: January 15th, 2024, 8:38 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: January 14th, 2024, 8:11 pm
Coxy wrote: January 14th, 2024, 8:00 pm Ah yes forgot about the cup rights etc. As it's showing on club website I'm guessing it might be audio only.
Yes, looking at the match centre, it does in fact say listen now, instead of watch now.
I think I'm going to watch a re run of some middling 1990's crime drama on ITV3 to distract myself and check the score at 9:50pm - don't think I could stand the stress or Rob Phillips' warbling...we'll know the result either way in about 37 ish hours won't we.
The match is a sellout and we are faced with the ludicrous rule that it can’t be shown via iFollow, consequently denying the Clubs earning additional potential revenue.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: January 15th, 2024, 8:55 am
Coxy wrote: January 14th, 2024, 8:00 pm Ah yes forgot about the cup rights etc. As it's showing on club website I'm guessing it might be audio only.
Yes, looking at the match centre, it does in fact say listen now, instead of watch now.
I think I'm going to watch a re run of some middling 1990's crime drama on ITV3 to distract myself and check the score at 9:50pm - don't think I could stand the stress or Rob Phillips' warbling...we'll know the result either way in about 37 ish hours won't we.
The match is a sellout and we are faced with the ludicrous rule that it can’t be shown via iFollow, consequently denying the Clubs earning additional potential revenue.
Not really BBC and itv pay a lot of money for these rights

UPTHEPORT wrote: January 15th, 2024, 9:04 am
Not really BBC and itv pay a lot of money for these rights
Not as much as perhaps it should be because I believe the competition is restricted to terrestrial broadcasters.

Download a VPN and buy something from the club shop.

rncfc wrote: January 15th, 2024, 9:30 am
Excuse my ignorance but are you saying that it is being shown in other countries on iFollow or what?

Blackandamber wrote: January 15th, 2024, 10:04 am
Excuse my ignorance but are you saying that it is being shown in other countries on iFollow or what?
Yes. The Saturday 3pm rule only applies to UK viewers. If you are viewing from overseas you can still watch,

If you download a VPN and fool your internet provider into thinking you're watching from somewhere outside the UK, you will be able to watch. If you choose a country with a favourable exchange rate, you might pick it up for less than a tenner too.

To rid yourself of the guilt, you could then purchase a club shop item for the price you would otherwise have paid to watch.

I'm in this camp for the Wrexham game. I was out of the country and living in a bit of a bubble, and when I returned realised it had sold out. So this will be my method of viewing.

rncfc wrote: January 15th, 2024, 10:50 am
Yes. The Saturday 3pm rule only applies to UK viewers. If you are viewing from overseas you can still watch,

If you download a VPN and fool your internet provider into thinking you're watching from somewhere outside the UK, you will be able to watch. If you choose a country with a favourable exchange rate, you might pick it up for less than a tenner too.

To rid yourself of the guilt, you could then purchase a club shop item for the price you would otherwise have paid to watch.

I'm in this camp for the Wrexham game. I was out of the country and living in a bit of a bubble, and when I returned realised it had sold out. So this will be my method of viewing.
Thanks but I thought that iFollow didn't have rights for FA cup games. How much does it cost to download a VPN?

Blackandamber wrote: January 15th, 2024, 11:32 am

Thanks but I thought that iFollow didn't have rights for FA cup games. How much does it cost to download a VPN?
Sorry, I thought you were referring to the Wrexham game.

rncfc wrote: January 15th, 2024, 11:42 am
Blackandamber wrote: January 15th, 2024, 11:32 am

Sorry, I thought you were referring to the Wrexham game.
That's OK. I'll be in the Hazell on Saturday. Come on you Port!

Hardly ludicrous, iFollow haven't paid to broadcast it, so won't be broadcasting it. The BBC and ITV have paid to broadcast a fixed number of FA Cup matches, and aren't broadcasting it either.

It's still not going to be on iFollow, no matter how many VPNs you have.

Also, you can buy an international subscription for all the league matches using a VPN, thereby preventing you from needing to buy anything in the club shop for the guilt.