Re: V Doncaster Rovers

owlsabout wrote: January 13th, 2024, 8:33 pm Stan is right GC was brought in to keep us in the league and he's done it fair play to him . Win Tuesday and this will impact the the football club going forward, should imagine better budget better players and a definitely a better brand of football .HJ vision of his type of football is not he is seeing week in week under GC so I would expect change come nx season
I, m intrigued as to what you know will be HJ's vision of the type of football he envisages for Newport County given he has said it won't be the same as Swansea's.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 13th, 2024, 8:40 pm
owlsabout wrote: January 13th, 2024, 8:33 pm Stan is right GC was brought in to keep us in the league and he's done it fair play to him . Win Tuesday and this will impact the the football club going forward, should imagine better budget better players and a definitely a better brand of football .HJ vision of his type of football is not he is seeing week in week under GC so I would expect change come nx season
At the risk of this sounding like a mutual admiration society meeting I agree Mark. If we are right I don't suppose Coughlan will be too upset. He'll get a big pay off and will walk inyto his next job with an enhanced CV.

Given a better budget who's to know what a GC team could look like ?

You shop at Bargain Stores you get a certain type of player. GC seems to get the best out of these type of player who seem to play to the best of their abilities most of the time.
If with a better budget who's to say more ' gifted players' he may sign wouldn't be the same but produce better football .
Take top players as an example. Bags of ability but if their heart isn't in it or their attitude is poor they can't or won't perform for certain managers. It's the managers responsibility to get the right players to play in the philosophy.

As I have said before, GC is coaching his players to get the most out of their limited ability. With better players his team would play better football. Another manager who followed a similer path with a poor squad was Justin Edinburgh when the task was to keep County in the Conference. I think that GC deserves a chance with more money and some better players as did Edinburgh. The name mentioned as H J's choice has no management experience at all and would be a big risk. Replacing GC with him would be stupid.

neilcork68 wrote: January 14th, 2024, 9:34 am
At the risk of this sounding like a mutual admiration society meeting I agree Mark. If we are right I don't suppose Coughlan will be too upset. He'll get a big pay off and will walk inyto his next job with an enhanced CV.

You shop at Bargain Stores you get a certain type of player. GC seems to get the best out of these type of player who seem to play to the best of their abilities most of the time.
If with a better budget who's to say more ' gifted players' he may sign wouldn't be the same but produce better football .
Take top players as an example. Bags of ability but if their heart isn't in it or their attitude is poor they can't or won't perform for certain managers. It's the managers responsibility to get the right players to play in the philosophy.
For an example you have to look no further than FGR who enjoy one of the highest budgets in League 2 yet currently are propping the League up.
Many have also commented on GC being critical of players in public, but if want to hear a brutal assassination of a squad try listening to Troy Deeney’s Harrogate post match interview.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0h4w ... are-mobile

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: January 14th, 2024, 10:24 am
neilcork68 wrote: January 14th, 2024, 9:34 am

For an example you have to look no further than FGR who enjoy one of the highest budgets in League 2 yet currently are propping the League up.
Many have also commented on GC being critical of players in public, but if want to hear a brutal assassination of a squad try listening to Troy Deeney’s Harrogate post match interview.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0h4w ... are-mobile
Genius! Well found!!. The club have tried to bury it and put out a sanitised version but it’s already out there obviously. 2nd or 3rd largest wage budget in the league…imagine how bad they’ll play now he’ll have lost the dressing room. I actually quite like the bloke (for some reason) but I don’t think he’ll win a game this season!

neilcork68 wrote: January 14th, 2024, 1:02 pm :shock: One of their fans has posted on their forum that the club is in a mess, they have a game on Tuesday and Deeney is working for Sky as a summarizer at the QPR v Watford game......
They dont seem a happy bunch with him in charge...need to eat some meat....... :mrgreen:
Haha. That’s madness that he’s still doing his punditry. I quite like the bloke (not sure why) but that rant will mean he’ll lose the dressing room & at some point over the next 6 games Vince will panic & fire him or he’ll walk. You can’t be dropping first teamers or taking 5 kids from the youth team to Stags on Tues. There are no free hits when league status is at stake.

The reality is that he could be good long term and he’s absolutely right, they’re a total basket case of a club but Vince’s ego won’t allow him to accept a longer term project as he’s committed to building a new (wooden) stadium and sunk millions into this hence the managerial merry go round thus far.

Chepstow'sFine wrote: January 14th, 2024, 4:32 pm
neilcork68 wrote: January 14th, 2024, 1:02 pm :shock: One of their fans has posted on their forum that the club is in a mess, they have a game on Tuesday and Deeney is working for Sky as a summarizer at the QPR v Watford game......
They dont seem a happy bunch with him in charge...need to eat some meat....... :mrgreen:
Haha. That’s madness that he’s still doing his punditry. I quite like the bloke (not sure why) but that rant will mean he’ll lose the dressing room & at some point over the next 6 games Vince will panic & fire him or he’ll walk. You can’t be dropping first teamers or taking 5 kids from the youth team to Stags on Tues. There are no free hits when league status is at stake.

The reality is that he could be good long term and he’s absolutely right, they’re a total basket case of a club but Vince’s ego won’t allow him to accept a longer term project as he’s committed to building a new (wooden) stadium and sunk millions into this hence the managerial merry go round thus far.
The stadium is a smoke screen for an industrial park he wants to build, fortunately the planners are insisting the stadium is built first. All this taking place on a green field site which shows what a hypocrite Dale Vince is when it comes to making money.

Apparently he made some sort of climb down on his comments whilst doing the Sky punditry. Not sure how much that helps. Just shows that he is a loose cannon and not very smart. It's virtually an admission that things he says in the post match interview aren't necessarily to be believed. ......Joey Barton is available..... :wink:

excessbee wrote: January 14th, 2024, 8:39 pm
Apparently he made some sort of climb down on his comments whilst doing the Sky punditry. Not sure how much that helps. Just shows that he is a loose cannon and not very smart. It's virtually an admission that things he says in the post match interview aren't necessarily to be believed. ......Joey Barton is available..... :wink:
I’m guessing he’s been severely rebuked. He’s basically brought the club into disrepute.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: January 14th, 2024, 8:43 am
I, m intrigued as to what you know will be HJ's vision of the type of football he envisages for Newport County given he has said it won't be the same as Swansea's.
I would hope it's a lot better than we are watching atm .GC done a great job keep us up but it bloody awful to watch

owlsabout wrote: January 14th, 2024, 9:36 pm
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: January 14th, 2024, 8:43 am
I would hope it's a lot better than we are watching atm .GC done a great job keep us up but it bloody awful to watch
I hope it will eventually prove to be a lot better also, but I suspect no one really knows for certain what HJ's vision is for what he alluded to at the sept meeting as evolving a Newport County style of play, throughout the club including the academy. Sure he said it won't necessarily be copying 'The Swansea way' whatever people understand that to mean. Think many supporters are jumping to major conclusions if they believe that.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: January 14th, 2024, 5:19 pm
Chepstow'sFine wrote: January 14th, 2024, 4:32 pm

The stadium is a smoke screen for an industrial park he wants to build, fortunately the planners are insisting the stadium is built first. All this taking place on a green field site which shows what a hypocrite Dale Vince is when it comes to making money.
As Vince is the 'money man ' behind JUST STOP OIL he will probably set up an Oil Refinery Business on the Industrial Park if he can make money😁

The guys a complete W⚓ and a hypocrite