Re: Flynn

excessbee wrote: January 15th, 2024, 1:01 pm Well, it's relatively local, but I don't think Vince's ego would run to getting rid of Deeney just yet, although it's fairly obvious he's screwed up once again on his choice of manager.
Yep, true. Plus Flynny and Hats aren't stupid. Unless they get offered the kitchen sink then they should keep their powder dry for another L2/NL gig.

Flynn got found out a lot time ago, he used his influence of Foxhall to get anything he wanted and had a crazy budget compared to what GC has, especially when you factor in what he was charging. The great escape he deserves huge credit but he could only ever play that trick once.

Flynn soured things for me when he was applying and failing to get every job under the sun throughout his time with us.

Kevinmoorefellover wrote: January 15th, 2024, 1:35 pm It’s an outside bet but Lennie Lawrence is currently caretaker manager at Hartlepool. It’s possible Flynn will immediately enter the running for that job.
Mrs F wouldnt go to Lincoln. No way would she go to Hartlepool.

I hope for his sake he has got a decent pay off as he could be a long time unemployed as a Football Manager..
.Back to being an Estate Agent for MF , me thinks as he was doing before joining us from Undy...

SixtyYearFan wrote: January 15th, 2024, 1:30 pm Flynn got found out a lot time ago, he used his influence of Foxhall to get anything he wanted and had a crazy budget compared to what GC has, especially when you factor in what he was charging. The great escape he deserves huge credit but he could only ever play that trick once.

Flynn soured things for me when he was applying and failing to get every job under the sun throughout his time with us.
In fairness to Flynn like any employee, I don't have a problem with him seeking a better job elsewhere. Newport County along with every League club will sack a manager at the drop of a hat, as indeed Mr Flynn has twice discovered. What I did have a problem with was that the then board of directors allowed Flynn to become bigger than the club.

He was offered and accepted the Lincoln job. He held us over a barrel and decided to stay because his wife didn't fancy moving to Lincoln. The motorway commute to Walsall is doable, Lincoln not so much. Once we knew of that, he should have been shown the door.

neilcork68 wrote: January 15th, 2024, 1:46 pm
Kevinmoorefellover wrote: January 15th, 2024, 1:35 pm It’s an outside bet but Lennie Lawrence is currently caretaker manager at Hartlepool. It’s possible Flynn will immediately enter the running for that job.
Mrs F wouldnt go to Lincoln. No way would she go to Hartlepool.

I hope for his sake he has got a decent pay off as he could be a long time unemployed as a Football Manager..
.Back to being an Estate Agent for MF , me thinks as he was doing before joining us from Undy...
The bit in bold is not true. Well if it is true then it’s irrelevant as Flynn applied for the Lincoln job and didn't get it. He didn’t turn it down, he applied for it and didn't get it, apparently.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 15th, 2024, 1:52 pm
SixtyYearFan wrote: January 15th, 2024, 1:30 pm Flynn got found out a lot time ago, he used his influence of Foxhall to get anything he wanted and had a crazy budget compared to what GC has, especially when you factor in what he was charging. The great escape he deserves huge credit but he could only ever play that trick once.

In fairness to Flynn like any employee, I don't have a problem with him seeking a better job elsewhere. Newport County along with every League club will sack a manager at the drop of a hat, as indeed Mr Flynn has twice discovered. What I did have a problem with was that the then board of directors allowed Flynn to become bigger than the club.

He was offered and accepted the Lincoln job. He held us over a barrel and decided to stay because his wife didn't fancy moving to Lincoln. The motorway commute to Walsall is doable, Lincoln not so much. Once we knew of that, he should have been shown the door.

Flynn didnt get the Lincoln job. Like the Shrewsbury job he applied and got turned down. He was well travelled as a player and I don’t think a wife/partner would stop him moving away as it didnt before.

Form at Swindon has been poor but strange to sack him less than 12m after appointing him and half way through transfer window and in no danger of going down.
One thing I will say about Flynn he is exceptional at looking after himself and getting contract extensions - good luck to him as football management is a fickle career

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 15th, 2024, 1:52 pm

Whilst in charge of us how many PAY RISES / Contract extensions did M Flynn actually manage to get off Foxhall........?