Re: Richard hils press conference on tomorrow night.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 16th, 2024, 10:27 am
Chepstow'sFine wrote: January 16th, 2024, 10:20 am I for one am worried about tonight. We bossed Barnet at The Hive but it was flat as a pancake. Tonight will be like Galatasary v Leeds levels of atmosphere. I hope we're ready for that.
I get your point but a touch of hyperbole perhaps?
Haha, just a bit.

The atmosphere won't make a difference. In fact, I would imagine our end will be noisier than the happy clappers and day trippers from the leafy suburb of Eastleigh.

Hopefully they come out of the blocks looking to take the game to us like Barnet did. Whisper it quietly, but we prefer it that way.

Chepstow'sFine wrote: January 16th, 2024, 10:20 am I for one am worried about tonight. We bossed Barnet at The Hive but it was flat as a pancake. Tonight will be like Galatasary v Leeds levels of atmosphere. I hope we're ready for that.
I'm middling about tonight in the sense that while the money (aka 'cup windfall' aka not nearly as much as we might think) would be most welcome we have had our recent days in the sun and staying safely in league 2 (almost there I feel) and/or even a late play off push is a bigger target in my view and from a personal point of view I'm not that excited about playing Man Utd - that said it will give us a huge publicity boost and sow the seed for younger fans who may not have attended before, after all many of our younger 'ultras' banging the drums over on the Compeed would have been in primary school at the time of our amazing FA cups exploits and are now mid-late teens who are firmly rooted as County fans.

So of course we want to win the replay tonight but its not era defining for us in the way it might be for Eastleigh and as it was 4 or 5 years ago in our first FA cup run (which put us back on the map) - go out and give a real crack against a team that is not too far off league 2 standard (albeit dirty rascals) so no shame in losing, that's all we can do.

rncfc wrote: January 16th, 2024, 11:09 am
Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 16th, 2024, 10:27 am
I get your point but a touch of hyperbole perhaps?
Haha, just a bit.

The atmosphere won't make a difference. In fact, I would imagine our end will be noisier than the happy clappers and day trippers from the leafy suburb of Eastleigh.

Hopefully they come out of the blocks looking to take the game to us like Barnet did. Whisper it quietly, but we prefer it that way.
I certainly got that feeling in the first leg. Once they were down to 10 men we had most of the ball and didn’t seem to know how to break them down. I do think we prefer to play with less of the ball.