Re: Newport County v. Manchester United Grandstand. Sunday 28th January..2024

neilcork68 wrote: January 16th, 2024, 9:43 pm Thought I'd open the Grandstand early to avoid crowd congestion 😁

Heard a rumour that it may be a sell out ????????
Be interesting if we go for temporary extra seating g again. Seem to recall after the spurs game the club said it wasn't financially worth it, and had to rely on a Spurs contribution to the cost. Perhaps HJ will see it differently?

Stick to the 7000+ capacity and away allocation at the usual 1030. No need for us to put in extra seating just so Man Utd can have a couple of hundred more. Neither should we do it to accommodate the 'shirts' who regularly choose to watch other teams when we have a home fixture. If season ticket holders are allowed +1 that will still only half fill the home areas so plenty of space for those who are prepared to queue.

My point is that, quite rightly, most, if not all, the tickets will go to fans and their families who regularly watch Newport County. This is an opportunity to attract new fans. Our ground so small, fans will probably have to queue for tickets which, I've been told, is a bit of a nightmare. It's a short journey to Cardiff, and this will give us more exposure and may gain us a few more fans.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 16th, 2024, 10:57 pm Both switching to Cardiff or playing at Rodney Parade have advantages. We will make more money if we switch, and nobody will miss out on getting a ticket. This is just my take.

Football is about glory. If the game is played at Rodney Parade we do have an outside chance. For me that trumps every other consideration.
Yup, it’s that simple no to Cardiff

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 16th, 2024, 11:24 pm One other thought. There are at least half a dozen Premier League sides better than Manchester United. But love or hate Man Utd, they are and I suspect always will be the team everyone in our position wants to draw in the Cup.
Yes, apart from Liverpool, we hate ManU and we hate ManU etc and repeat , we are the ManU haters

aberexile wrote:-
Let's get it on at the Cardiff city stadium. Could fill it with all the interest in the game. I might be able to get a ticket then!!
The FA changed the rules a few years ago to stop clubs doing this, or reversing the fixture to play at the larger club's ground. The only situation where this can be done now is if there are safety implications at a small non-league ground. RP meets all the EFL ground requirements so there is no way the tie could be switched to another ground, nor should it be in my view.

County Exile wrote: January 16th, 2024, 11:43 pm aberexile wrote:-
Let's get it on at the Cardiff city stadium. Could fill it with all the interest in the game. I might be able to get a ticket then!!
The FA changed the rules a few years ago to stop clubs doing this, or reversing the fixture to play at the larger club's ground. The only situation where this can be done now is if there are safety implications at a small non-league ground. RP meets all the EFL ground requirements so there is no way the tie could be switched to another ground, nor should it be in my view.
I hadn't realised this. Thanks for the info.

County Exile wrote: January 16th, 2024, 11:43 pm aberexile wrote:-
Quite right, well said and btw f¥ck the plastics 😩