Re: Newport County v. Manchester United Grandstand. Sunday 28th January..2024

Jonesy3 wrote: January 29th, 2024, 9:37 am
Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 28th, 2024, 10:38 pm
lowandhard wrote: January 28th, 2024, 9:21 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 28th, 2024, 8:39 pm Seriously, we gave it a bloody good go. County fans are a bloody sight happier tonight than United fans are.

Last couple of weeks we have had an indication of what our town and our club can achieve. Hopefully this is the start not the end.
Don’t entirely agree mate, we showed them far too much respect early on so we left ourselves a mountain to climb. I’d have had that boy on the left writhing in the first couple of rows of the Compeed crying for his mother just to let him know he was in the Port,
I do agree, however, that it shows we should aspire to bigger and better things!
Evening Mike,

My view is at varience with yours there. I thought Coughlan's game plan was to press high with the two wing backs. Unfortunately Manchester United simply played through us with pace and their finishing in the first 15 minutes was clinical. I get the point about a few robust tackles but I think early yellows or God forbid an early red would have sunk us.

We got a wonder goal which kept us in it and changing to a back four and the early second half goal shook United. For fifteen minutes or so we had them on the rack. Still it's all about opinions.

Sorry to hear about your experience in the stand. I'm afraid that this +1 with ticket sales really was a bad idea. I hope it never gets repeated.

Still lets hope for at least 6,000 v Swindon.
The ticketing arrangements for season ticket holders for yesterday's match were exactly the same as for previous big cup games like Leicester, Tottenham and Man City. No problems for those matches and no major problems yesterday apart from one or two local Man Utd fans who couldn't contain themselves. As a family who buy four season tickets every year and have done since 2012 then I very much hope the 'loyalty bonus' we get for the rare big cup tie is retained.
I agree the plus one is part of being a season ticket holder. I pay a lot to be in the 100 club and renew every June. That money helps the club function over the Summer and buy players before the season. In return I know I will always get a ticket for a big game plus another. I think that’s fair

Jonesy3 wrote: January 29th, 2024, 9:45 am
countymadbel wrote: January 28th, 2024, 9:27 pm Why was there 9500 for wrexham why only 9k for united?
FA Cup rules say there has to be an away allocation of 15% of the stadium capacity. Even with the temporary stand, the away capacity yesterday was just over 1,400 so the total capacity is reduced to just over 9,000.
Obviously that rule doesn't apply to the league, hence the additional home seats.

Having said that, there didn't seem to be any empty spaces yesterday so the declared attendance might be the one that keeps to the rules but might not be the real one!
Could another reason be that all the camera's took up some spaces

Marky wrote: January 29th, 2024, 8:16 pm
Bristolexile wrote: January 29th, 2024, 8:02 pm Could another reason be that all the camera's took up some spaces
First I've heard of that, good thinking.
Academic now I know, but find it surprising if camera's media accommodation etc would take up 500 spaces, although we do know for certain that the FA dictates a minimum of 15% capacity for away supporters for FA cup matches, and 1480 away spaces makes the total allowed capacity less than the 9500 at the Wrexham game.

Good Morning

I can confirm that not every seat was sat in, further I can confirm that not every seat sold actually had a seat!
Further to the disappointment of not getting any of our four seats next to each other, imagine how my daughter felt when locating her “seat”!

Also there were several others further along that were the same.
I must add that the Safety Steward I spoke to did a great job of finding two seats available, although in a totally different block.

A lot of lessons to be learnt for the future and hopefully HJ will bring with him a more professional approach to all aspects of the club.

Phil in Northampton

phil_in_npton wrote: January 30th, 2024, 10:11 am Good Morning

I can confirm that not every seat was sat in, further I can confirm that not every seat sold actually had a seat!
Further to the disappointment of not getting any of our four seats next to each other, imagine how my daughter felt when locating her “seat”!

I must add that the Safety Steward I spoke to did a great job of finding two seats available, although in a totally different block.

A lot of lessons to be learnt for the future and hopefully HJ will bring with him a more professional approach to all aspects of the club.

Phil in Northampton
Almost funny if it wasn't so infuriating, and I also noticed that 'sold out' didn't mean 'full up' - I suspect a few people were 'tired and emotional' after drink being taken and also among 9,000 people you'll get illness, car breakdowns, etc - funnily enough I bumped into a County fan on Sunday morning when popping into to town who was dashing down to the ticket office to switch up a ticket from 1 category to another due to family illness.

Juliansboy wrote: January 29th, 2024, 7:51 pm
Jonesy3 wrote: January 29th, 2024, 9:37 am
Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 28th, 2024, 10:38 pm
lowandhard wrote: January 28th, 2024, 9:21 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 28th, 2024, 8:39 pm Seriously, we gave it a bloody good go. County fans are a bloody sight happier tonight than United fans are.

Last couple of weeks we have had an indication of what our town and our club can achieve. Hopefully this is the start not the end.
Don’t entirely agree mate, we showed them far too much respect early on so we left ourselves a mountain to climb. I’d have had that boy on the left writhing in the first couple of rows of the Compeed crying for his mother just to let him know he was in the Port,
I do agree, however, that it shows we should aspire to bigger and better things!
Evening Mike,

My view is at varience with yours there. I thought Coughlan's game plan was to press high with the two wing backs. Unfortunately Manchester United simply played through us with pace and their finishing in the first 15 minutes was clinical. I get the point about a few robust tackles but I think early yellows or God forbid an early red would have sunk us.

We got a wonder goal which kept us in it and changing to a back four and the early second half goal shook United. For fifteen minutes or so we had them on the rack. Still it's all about opinions.

Sorry to hear about your experience in the stand. I'm afraid that this +1 with ticket sales really was a bad idea. I hope it never gets repeated.

Still lets hope for at least 6,000 v Swindon.
The ticketing arrangements for season ticket holders for yesterday's match were exactly the same as for previous big cup games like Leicester, Tottenham and Man City. No problems for those matches and no major problems yesterday apart from one or two local Man Utd fans who couldn't contain themselves. As a family who buy four season tickets every year and have done since 2012 then I very much hope the 'loyalty bonus' we get for the rare big cup tie is retained.
I agree the plus one is part of being a season ticket holder. I pay a lot to be in the 100 club and renew every June. That money helps the club function over the Summer and buy players before the season. In return I know I will always get a ticket for a big game plus another. I think that’s fair
Agreed - I don't think being a season ticket holder makes me 'better' than anyone else (not saying you think that either) BUT I do make a significant upfront payment to this club an amount that could be a few days in a nice cottage in the country for me and Mrs C or a new washing machine, golf club membership, etc I miss a few games for other commitments and see my season ticket as much as donation to the club as anything. The '2 tickets' perk is hardly much to ask even though in my case I would be happy to cede that I fully agree that it is fair.

neilcork68 wrote: January 28th, 2024, 9:41 pm
countymadbel wrote: January 28th, 2024, 9:27 pm Why was there 9500 for wrexham why only 9k for united?

500 complimentary tickets given to sponsors, players families and the Irish branch of County fans Coughlan brought over last night😁

By the way , did anyone pay £150 for the tickets The Pod got ? Or were they unused.
They weren't complimentary per se as sponsors had paid in kind (by dint of being sponsors) no objection from me there we'd be funked without sponsors.

CathedralCounty wrote: January 30th, 2024, 10:59 am
County Exile wrote: January 29th, 2024, 9:46 am
Eurgh that was an awkward moment - GC is quite a shy bloke I feel and did not enjoy that one bit - his Budweiser joke didn't land either, nice gesture though and would imagine that was a very nice bottle of red (Ten Hag is, if nothing else, cultured I doubt a Budweiser has ever passed his lips).
I think Ten Hag says that Alex Ferguson chose the bottle of wine. I think Coughlan would have hugely appreciated that had it been done quietly without the cameras all around making it a lovely personal moment in the day for him. For the Ferguson link alone I doubt it will be opened,

Eurgh that was an awkward moment - GC is quite a shy bloke I feel and did not enjoy that one bit - his Budweiser joke didn't land either, nice gesture though and would imagine that was a very nice bottle of red (Ten Hag is, if nothing else, cultured I doubt a Budweiser has ever passed his lips).
£230 a bottle apparently.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: January 30th, 2024, 11:59 am
£230 a bottle apparently.

If cockers doesn't fancy it auction it off for charity

phil_in_npton wrote: January 30th, 2024, 10:11 am Good Morning

Phil in Northampton
My ticket/seat for the Spurs game was the reporters table. I then stood at the top of Compeed 'c' block steps and a steward, said I can't stand there. So I asked her to show me where my seat was, when she discovered the table I was moved to the back of 'A' block where some seats were reserved for any medical incidents.

Amberexile wrote: January 30th, 2024, 11:52 am
I think Ten Hag says that Alex Ferguson chose the bottle of wine. I think Coughlan would have hugely appreciated that had it been done quietly without the cameras all around making it a lovely personal moment in the day for him. For the Ferguson link alone I doubt it will be opened,
Alex Furguson used to present opposition managers, with bottles of Red from his own award winning vineyard. Perhaps MU have shares in it now.