Re: Newport County v. Manchester United Grandstand. Sunday 28th January..2024

Percy plunkett wrote: [quote=phil_in_npton post_id=705684 time=<a href="tel:1706369320">1706369320</a> user_id=1198]
[quote=Amberexile post_id=705661 time=<a href="tel:1706357009">1706357009</a> user_id=379]
:lol: Do the bookies now something? Our odds have shortened from 33/1 to 25/1 over the past few days
Good Afternoon

I’ve put my bet on.. I think they’re reducing their risk and cutting their losses!

Phil in Northampton
[/quote]

What odds have you got for 4-0 Phil ?
Last edited by Exile 1976 on January 28th, 2024, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think we showed them too much respect in the first 20 minutes and seemed ' starstruck '.
It wasn't until the Morris wonder goal that our players realised they could go toe to toe with them.
Our shape wasn't the best to start with as we gave them far to much space out wide which they totally dominated us. Coughlan moved Bennet into midfield and went with a back four and the game totally changed.
If we had started with the flat back four and Man United didn't put out what was probably their strongest starting line up the result could have been so different.
We gave them a two goal head start . Fought back excellently then seemed to run out of energy just before they got their third.
For 40 minutes or so we went toe to toe with MANCHESTER UNITED and at times looked the better side...It was our start that killed us.
Those are my thoughts...feel free to disagree

neilcork68 wrote: January 28th, 2024, 7:38 pm I think we showed them too much respect in the first 20 minutes and seemed ' starstruck '.
It wasn't until the Morris wonder goal that our players realised they could go toe to toe with them.
Our shape wasn't the best to start with as we gave them far to much space out wide which they totally dominated us. Coughlan moved Bennet into midfield and went with a back four and the game totally changed.
If we had started with the flat back four and Man United didn't put out what was probably their strongest starting line up the result could have been so different.
We gave them a two goal head start . Fought back excellently then seemed to run out of energy just before they got their third.
For 40 minutes or so we went toe to toe with MANCHESTER UNITED and at times looked the better side...It was our start that killed us.
I agree, far too much respect mate. I was so annoyed with the closet Man U lot in front of me in the Compeed that I was spoiling for a fight ( I know it was wrong ) but I purposely clapped my hands right next to the ears of the **** and his mate in front of me, begging for a reaction - but none! Never cheered or clapped once in the whole game, there were loads of them. We must get ticketing right for these occasions!

lowandhard wrote: January 28th, 2024, 7:48 pm
neilcork68 wrote: January 28th, 2024, 7:38 pm I think we showed them too much respect in the first 20 minutes and seemed ' starstruck '.
I agree, far too much respect mate. I was so annoyed with the closet Man U lot in front of me in the Compeed that I was spoiling for a fight ( I know it was wrong ) but I purposely clapped my hands right next to the ears of the **** and his mate in front of me, begging for a reaction - but none! Never cheered or clapped once in the whole game, there were loads of them. We must get ticketing right for these occasions!
Any chance their tickets were +1s?

lowandhard wrote: January 28th, 2024, 7:30 pm
bedeck wrote: January 28th, 2024, 7:27 pm Interesting fact match attendance 300 lower than Wrexham. Great effort and right Haag totally classless no credit to Newport at al..
Needs a lesson from Pep who understands these matters, I always despised Manure, even more so now. Tosseurs extraordinaire ! Total entitled Wankers

Getting a lot of abuse from posters on the BBC game summary comments. Both the Manager and player getting criticism about not showing us any respect and even Ten Pence high fiving his own backroom staff before shaking hands with Coughlan...Hope their coach breaks down on route to Cardiff Airport.
And they wonder why so many people can't stand Man Utd when their staff act with no class

lowandhard wrote: January 28th, 2024, 7:30 pm
bedeck wrote: January 28th, 2024, 7:27 pm Interesting fact match attendance 300 lower than Wrexham. Great effort and right Haag totally classless no credit to Newport at al..
Needs a lesson from Pep who understands these matters, I always despised Manure, even more so now. Tosseurs extraordinaire ! Total entitled Wankers
A lower attendance was expected. See my thread Wrexham greater than Man U.

rncfc wrote: January 28th, 2024, 8:09 pm Yeah, we paid them too much respect first 15 minutes, but that's completely understandable. Thought we were brilliant, Graham Coughlan and his staff completely deserve a stab at making us competitive with a decent budget.

Thanks boys for a memorable day. You did our city proud.
Sorry but I for one don't find it understandable. I expected us to be in their face and testing the referee's tolerance level from the kick off. We earned our right to be in that pitch as equals.

Amberexile wrote: January 28th, 2024, 8:28 pm
rncfc wrote: January 28th, 2024, 8:09 pm Yeah, we paid them too much respect first 15 minutes, but that's completely understandable. Thought we were brilliant, Graham Coughlan and his staff completely deserve a stab at making us competitive with a decent budget.

Thanks boys for a memorable day. You did our city proud.
Sorry but I for one don't find it understandable. I expected us to be in their face and testing the referee's tolerance level from the kick off. We earned our right to be in that pitch as equals.

We got there by beating non league teams, two of which after replays. To think we were going to take it to a very strong United line up from the off is fanciful. Also, should we have ‘tested the referee’s tolerance level from the kick off’ we could have had a player (s) on yellow cards early and unable to make further mistakes in the tackle.
Good performance from a mid table league two side that were still in with a chance of getting something out of the game until the 94th minute.
Really enjoyed today

Amberexile wrote: January 28th, 2024, 7:52 pm
lowandhard wrote: January 28th, 2024, 7:48 pm
Any chance their tickets were +1s?
Don’t know but what I do know is that they weren’t County! From this day on, let’s make sure tickets go to our supporters and not f¥cking plastic Mancs !
At least Man City are a proper club who showed some respect unlike those total w@nkers today.

I think the fact County gave them a two goal.lead and came back into the game was highly commendable. This was not a PL side that had put out their youngsters, this was a PL side that went arguably full strength. The third goal killed County off.

So FA Cup gone but put on a decent show and it's now about back to league and building on that performance. February looks interesting. Yesterday's results leave County 7 points off the play-offs and games against Notts County (7th and 7 points ahead), Gillingham (9th and 5 points ahead) and MK Dons (6th and probably out of reach at 11 points ahead). Let's keep positive, play offs could still be possible. A good February and you never know...