Re: Why the fuss? (upcoming 'big' games)

wxm80s wrote: January 17th, 2024, 12:38 pm Clubs in the same league as us should be extremely grateful - we consistently sell out the away allocations, we consistently provide you with your record attendances of the season (and beyond in many cases). As I think we will for you this Saturday.
As those wishy washy locals want to come and see the Wrexham and hope we get beat. Now, I realise this isn't going to go down well with some, but unfortunately, as Rafa said, It's a fact. Look at the stats.

So, please form an orderly queue to send us Wrexham folk your gratitude, thanks and best wishes for helping to swell your clubs bank accounts and allow you to experience what a packed out stadium feels like. I can then relay this to our supporters here in Wales, and our new fans across the pond and beyond.

Diolch yn fawr pawb
Diolch o'r galon, oddi wrth dy was hwntw gostyngedig.

wxm80s wrote: January 17th, 2024, 12:38 pm Clubs in the same league as us should be extremely grateful - we consistently sell out the away allocations, we consistently provide you with your record attendances of the season (and beyond in many cases). As I think we will for you this Saturday.
As those wishy washy locals want to come and see the Wrexham and hope we get beat. Now, I realise this isn't going to go down well with some, but unfortunately, as Rafa said, It's a fact. Look at the stats.

So, please form an orderly queue to send us Wrexham folk your gratitude, thanks and best wishes for helping to swell your clubs bank accounts and allow you to experience what a packed out stadium feels like. I can then relay this to our supporters here in Wales, and our new fans across the pond and beyond.

Diolch yn fawr pawb
But your not Wrexham anymore. Your Disney Inc.

You've sold your soul, as we probably would given the chance.

But you need to understand that our wishy washy locals aren't coming to see Wrexham, they are coming to see the County beat Disney Inc.

Go soccer go.......

whoareya wrote: January 17th, 2024, 1:14 pm

Diolch yn fawr pawb

But you need to understand that our wishy washy locals aren't coming to see Wrexham, they are coming to see the County beat Disney Inc.

Go soccer go.......
Had a real ding dong of a row with a Wrexham fan the other day, jokingly called them a 'glory hunter' - they went mad and said 'how dare you! I've been a loyal fan of my club for 2 and a half years!'...

What wxm80s and fans of some other clubs forget is that football is a fickle beast and the millions, the adoration, media love ins and a bunch of new 'loyal' fans come and go - I don't begrudge Wrexham their moment in the limelight nor the glory hunters (of both teams) wishing to watch them play us but smugness as a football fan can come back and bite you in the backside.

Diolch yn fawr pawb

Go soccer go.......
What an odd way to say thank you.

When did we change the club name?

Going by your logic you'll soon be Jenkins FC. Don't spend any money either as that will mean you've sold your soul. :roll:

CathedralCounty wrote: January 17th, 2024, 1:23 pm

Diolch yn fawr pawb

Go soccer go.......
Had a real ding dong of a row with a Wrexham fan the other day, jokingly called them a 'glory hunter' - they went mad and said 'how dare you! I've been a loyal fan of my club for 2 and a half years!'...

What wxm80s and fans of some other clubs forget is that football is a fickle beast and the millions, the adoration, media love ins and a bunch of new 'loyal' fans come and go - I don't begrudge Wrexham their moment in the limelight nor the glory hunters (of both teams) wishing to watch them play us but smugness as a football fan can come back and bite you in the backside.
I completely agree my friend. My post is of course light hearted and not serious. But you have to enjoy the ride. Like you did when that lottery winner paid for your promotion.

wxm80s wrote: January 17th, 2024, 1:31 pm

Diolch yn fawr pawb

Go soccer go.......

I completely agree my friend. My post is of course light hearted and not serious. But you have to enjoy the ride. Like you did when that lottery winner paid for your promotion.
And we've only this month, made the final re-payment on his loans!

Diolch yn fawr pawb

Go soccer go.......

We are indifferent about Wrexham (well real County fans are anyway - the would be hooligans and hangers on might get excited) - yes very aggrieved you get so much unwarranted and embarrassingly sycophantic media attention and that well crafted [false] 'underdog' narrative and that you have S4C as a PR agency but towards you as a club and fans? frankly nope - you're a massively over funded club skewing things in league 2 (along iwth a few others so tbf your're not alone and as pointed out we wouldn't complain if it was us 'doing a Wrexham') but no animus whatsoever - can't say good luck but won't say bad luck either (except for Saturday of course!) you're just another of the 20 odd teams we want to beat in league 2 no more no less.

Safe journey down - be aware some roads off/around the M50 are closed om Saturday if your're planning to come that way.

wxm80s wrote: January 17th, 2024, 1:27 pm

Diolch yn fawr pawb

Go soccer go.......
What an odd way to say thank you.

When did we change the club name?

Going by your logic you'll soon be Jenkins FC. Don't spend any money either as that will mean you've sold your soul. :roll:
Ok I wouldn’t get too upset by the lack of gratitude😂 i realise you’re having a bit of fun with the wind up but it’s not the first time we’ve filled the place in recent years!
Hoping for a good game at the Parade, let’s hope it graces this division in skill and excitement. Like us you’ve always had a dedicated supporter core to get you through the bad times ( luckily for you your base is a bit bigger ).Enjoy the good times and try to be a little humble, just continue to hope the Yank celebs don’t lose interest in the soccer ball when you’re up the leagues and not winning every week.

whoareya wrote: January 17th, 2024, 1:48 pm
But you have to enjoy the ride. Like you did when that lottery winner paid for your promotion.
Ah, now we're getting to the knub of your angst - you're still bitter about choking at Wembley........we had a Jolley day out.

Haha. Wasn’t exactly great funding was it? I think he was £25k 😂 - as for Lotto Les, grateful though we were to him, the Trust has I think , this month, just repaid him what we owed him.

Diolch yn fawr pawb
Enjoy the ride! What goes up inevitably comes back down.

rncfc wrote: January 17th, 2024, 2:43 pm

Diolch yn fawr pawb
Enjoy the ride! What goes up inevitably comes back down.
Oh I'd laugh

Diolch yn fawr pawb

Go soccer go.......

Looking forward to the self-entitlement express chuntering into Newport Station on Saturday as part of your L2 victory lap. BTW been reading some posts online that you boys think you're in with a serious chance of signing Arthur Okonkwo. You're off your rockers if you think that's going to happen. He's got to be worth £5-10M already and good enough to play for a Champ or lower third PL team.

My Dad wasn't a football fan but he recognised that there were football fans among his kids (he also took us to see Newport Rugby so had little bias). He tended to take us to games he thought County could win so Barrow, Crewe, Workington Town, Northampton Town - all the shit teams in the 70's. I think we all learned that big or small, County would be shit against them all. Not a bad lesson in life...