Re: How much do we get? £400k?

Bonson&Hunt wrote: January 17th, 2024, 9:41 am Someone did a breakdown but I can't find it. It was something like £105k for 3rd Round, £110k for TV 4fh Round & £13k for losing. 45% of gate money? Where's the rest coming from?
£213,000 already banked from prize money for 1st , 2nd and 3rd round victories . £110,00 for TV rights ...... 45%of 9500 gate money...£95,000....Programmes , merchandise , overseas TV rights (?)...Food and drink sales ..4th Rnd prize money ( even if the Underdogs beat us) :lol:

neilcork68 wrote: January 17th, 2024, 9:51 am
Bonson&Hunt wrote: January 17th, 2024, 9:41 am Someone did a breakdown but I can't find it. It was something like £105k for 3rd Round, £110k for TV 4fh Round & £13k for losing. 45% of gate money? Where's the rest coming from?
£213,000 already banked from prize money for 1st , 2nd and 3rd round victories . £110,00 for TV rights ...... 45%of 9500 gate money...£95,000....Programmes , merchandise , overseas TV rights (?)...Food and drink sales ..4th Rnd prize money ( even if the Underdogs beat us) :lol:
Overseas TV rights would go to the BBC surely. However pitch side electronic advertising on National TV is expensive.......

Admittedly not large amounts, but not forgetting 45% of gate monies from 5 games in 3 rounds also. With monies also gained from caribou cup games, looks very likely HJ will be getting his £500k back before the seasons out.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: January 17th, 2024, 10:45 am
Admittedly not large amounts, but not forgetting 45% of gate monies from 5 games in 3 rounds also. With monies also gained from caribou cup games, looks very likely HJ will be getting his £500k back before the seasons out.
Man Utd might waive their share of the gate money (after their travel and hotel costs) has been done before by the bigger clubs in the FA cup, that would give us, well much nearer 100% of the gate money - just a thought.

CathedralCounty wrote: January 17th, 2024, 2:31 pm
Man Utd might waive their share of the gate money (after their travel and hotel costs) has been done before by the bigger clubs in the FA cup, that would give us, well much nearer 100% of the gate money - just a thought.
I thought that was no longer allowed by the FA

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: January 17th, 2024, 2:38 pm
Perhaps they could leave their Rolex watches in the changing room to help us out! 😂 I hope they are as generous as Man City were with kit and souvenirs for our players, Pep was a real gentlemen in all aspects of that fixture.

2 amounts of TV money Barnet & Man U.

Think I read somewhere that if a PL side is playing a lower league side the gate split is changed to 55% in favour of the EFL side.
22. PROCEEDS OF MATCHES PRIOR TO THE SEMI FINAL
(a) The net gate receipts due from a match (except replayed matches in consequence of a breach
of the Rules) shall be the total ticket sales for the match less VAT, the travelling (and possibly
accommodation) expenses of the Visiting Club, the fees and expenses of the Match Officials,
and other match expenses allowed under the Competition Rules (which include costs relating
to gate attendants, turnstile operators, stewards, police charges, floodlighting in accordance
with the Competition Rules, contributions to the costs of First Aid Helpers and any costs
relating to clearing the ground of snow and water provided the Visiting Club is consulted
beforehand on the approximate costs). Any shortfalls in receipts are the responsibility of the
home club and are not to be shared. The Professional Game Board shall have the power
from time to time to issue instructions as to what shall and shall not be allowed as a match
expense.
(b) Subject to Rules 22(k) and (l), net gate receipts shall be divided as follows:
(i) In all matches prior to the Third Round of the Competition Proper the net gate receipts
of each match shall be divided equally between the competing Clubs.
(ii) Save for those matches set out in (iii), in all matches played from (and including) the
Third Round of the Competition Proper prior to the Semi-Final the net gate receipts of
each match shall be divided equally between the competing Clubs.
(iii) In all matches played from (and including) the Third Round of the Competition Proper
prior to the Semi Final, involving Clubs outside The Premier League or The English
Football League playing against Clubs from The Premier League or The English
Football League, the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided between the
Clubs competing in each match as follows:
55% to Clubs outside FA Premier League or English Football League.
45% to FA Premier League or English Football League Clubs.
(c) The net gate receipts shall be approximately divided immediately after the match. A full
statement of account for the match shall be prepared by the Club playing at its home ground,
on the prescribed Statement of Receipts and Payments Form, and payment shall be made in
full to the Visiting Club and The Association within 14 days of the match. The Statement of
Receipts and Payments Form must be signed by a Director or Football Secretary of the home
Club. A Club failing to comply with this clause may be ordered to pay a fine and any other
punishment, including non-admission in the future to the Competition, may be imposed as
determined by the Professional Game Board.
(d) No competing Club shall make any Agreement with any other competing Club by which their
obligations under the Rules regarding the sharing of net gate receipts may be varied or amended
in any way. “Agreement” for the purpose of the Rules of the Competition means any agreement,
arrangement, obligation, undertaking or understanding whether oral or written, formal or informal,
contractual or otherwise, binding in law or otherwise, and of any nature whatsoever; and which
includes for these purposes any attempt to enter into any such Agreement.

County Exile wrote: January 17th, 2024, 4:23 pm Think I read somewhere that if a PL side is playing a lower league side the gate split is changed to 55% in favour of the EFL side.
22. PROCEEDS OF MATCHES PRIOR TO THE SEMI FINAL
(a) The net gate receipts due from a match (except replayed matches in consequence of a breach
of the Rules) shall be the total ticket sales for the match less VAT, the travelling (and possibly
accommodation) expenses of the Visiting Club, the fees and expenses of the Match Officials,
and other match expenses allowed under the Competition Rules (which include costs relating
to gate attendants, turnstile operators, stewards, police charges, floodlighting in accordance
with the Competition Rules, contributions to the costs of First Aid Helpers and any costs
relating to clearing the ground of snow and water provided the Visiting Club is consulted
beforehand on the approximate costs). Any shortfalls in receipts are the responsibility of the
home club and are not to be shared. The Professional Game Board shall have the power
from time to time to issue instructions as to what shall and shall not be allowed as a match
expense.
(b) Subject to Rules 22(k) and (l), net gate receipts shall be divided as follows:
(i) In all matches prior to the Third Round of the Competition Proper the net gate receipts
of each match shall be divided equally between the competing Clubs.
(ii) Save for those matches set out in (iii), in all matches played from (and including) the
Third Round of the Competition Proper prior to the Semi-Final the net gate receipts of
each match shall be divided equally between the competing Clubs.
(iii) In all matches played from (and including) the Third Round of the Competition Proper
prior to the Semi Final, involving Clubs outside The Premier League or The English
Football League playing against Clubs from The Premier League or The English
Football League, the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided between the
Clubs competing in each match as follows:
55% to Clubs outside FA Premier League or English Football League.
45% to FA Premier League or English Football League Clubs.
(c) The net gate receipts shall be approximately divided immediately after the match. A full
statement of account for the match shall be prepared by the Club playing at its home ground,
on the prescribed Statement of Receipts and Payments Form, and payment shall be made in
full to the Visiting Club and The Association within 14 days of the match. The Statement of
Receipts and Payments Form must be signed by a Director or Football Secretary of the home
Club. A Club failing to comply with this clause may be ordered to pay a fine and any other
punishment, including non-admission in the future to the Competition, may be imposed as
determined by the Professional Game Board.
(d) No competing Club shall make any Agreement with any other competing Club by which their
obligations under the Rules regarding the sharing of net gate receipts may be varied or amended
in any way. “Agreement” for the purpose of the Rules of the Competition means any agreement,
arrangement, obligation, undertaking or understanding whether oral or written, formal or informal,
contractual or otherwise, binding in law or otherwise, and of any nature whatsoever; and which
includes for these purposes any attempt to enter into any such Agreement.
I read that quite differently. It says teams outside Premiership or EFL ( non-league ) get 55% but Premiership and EFL Clubs get 45%

lowandhard wrote: January 17th, 2024, 2:44 pm
Taunton Iron Cider wrote: January 17th, 2024, 2:38 pm
Perhaps they could leave their Rolex watches in the changing room to help us out! 😂 I hope they are as generous as Man City were with kit and souvenirs for our players, Pep was a real gentlemen in all aspects of that fixture.
Reminds me of when at the old YM FC the changing rooms were left unlocked and lo and behold items taken (doubtful a Rolex was among the bounty though).