Re: THIS CLUB OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED OF ITSELF

Amberexile wrote: January 19th, 2024, 7:07 pm I have a couple of questions for people who already have their tickets.

I have an email with 2 pdf files with different file names attached, one for each ticket but unlike the tickets for tomorrow they both have the same bar code and are identical. Does anyone else have the same or do you have different bar codes on each ticket as per the Wrexham tickets?

I thought there was a simple answer because the email clearly shows 2 different seat numbers and also has 2 links to be able to add them to google wallet. The next problem though is that those links do not work at the moment> I'm wondering whether this may be a timing issue and the ticketmaster system needs to catch up. Anybody else had similar?
My two print at home tickets have very similar bar codes but with the penultimate pair different.
Mine were done online, if that makes a difference.

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 19th, 2024, 8:04 pm
Amberexile wrote: January 19th, 2024, 7:07 pm I have a couple of questions for people who already have their tickets.

I have an email with 2 pdf files with different file names attached, one for each ticket but unlike the tickets for tomorrow they both have the same bar code and are identical. Does anyone else have the same or do you have different bar codes on each ticket as per the Wrexham tickets?

I thought there was a simple answer because the email clearly shows 2 different seat numbers and also has 2 links to be able to add them to google wallet. The next problem though is that those links do not work at the moment> I'm wondering whether this may be a timing issue and the ticketmaster system needs to catch up. Anybody else had similar?
My two print at home tickets have very similar bar codes but with the penultimate pair different.
Thanks, mine are identical and both finish 02 which I was thinking might mean they can be scanned twice but that seems a stretch.

Amberexile wrote: January 19th, 2024, 8:21 pm

Thanks, mine are identical and both finish 02 which I was thinking might mean they can be scanned twice but that seems a stretch.
Both mine finish 01 if that helps?

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 19th, 2024, 8:33 pm

Thanks, both my Wrexham ones finish 01 but the 4 digits before the 01 are different on each. Iscthat how upur Man U ones are?

Amberexile wrote: January 19th, 2024, 8:40 pm

Thanks, both my Wrexham ones finish 01 but the 4 digits before the 01 are different on each. Iscthat how upur Man U ones are?
With mine I have 7 groups of double digit numbers, all are identical apart from the 6th group.

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 19th, 2024, 8:56 pm

With mine I have 7 groups of double digit numbers, all are identical apart from the 6th group.
Thanks. I think I'm going to have to wait until Tuesday and the phone up fir help.

Amberexile wrote: January 19th, 2024, 9:11 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: January 19th, 2024, 8:56 pm

Thanks. I think I'm going to have to wait until Tuesday and the phone up fir help.
Isn’t this getting just a bit esoteric ? F¥ck me it’s getting a bit like the coding issue with the Post Office! If I were you I’d just turn up with my f¥cking ticket and not be so uptight, but that’s me, just cool 😎

ghosty wrote: January 20th, 2024, 12:21 am One other piece of incompetence that everyone has overlooked is that if the team played better in the original home tie and took their chances and sealed the victory;
then the club would have had an extra 10 days to organise the ticket sales.
Having had home FA Cup ties with Leeds, Spurs, Leicester, Middlesbrough and Manchester City in the last six years, having not learned how to do it having had that much experience I doubt an extra nine days would have made any difference.

whoareya wrote: January 19th, 2024, 1:20 pm
rncfc wrote: January 19th, 2024, 12:44 pm

I'm going for my son, not me. I wouldn't be going if my boy wasn't bothered. If trust members other than me had been complaining yesterday and I'd sorted my tickets, I'd have sympathised with an awful experience for them.

Clearly you're just a bit of a *******.
Nah, I just have a good nose for hypocrisy and knee jerk melt-downs.
How do you feel you know other people's situations so well, that you're able to be that judgemental?

It's January, we got paid early in December, we've got 4 kids, we've just taken them on a family holiday, it's a week until payday after a 6 week month, we've sacrificed today's game to do this one, I've sacrificed a day's pay and more to get tickets, then the window gets slammed in your face.

How would you feel?

rncfc wrote: January 20th, 2024, 6:53 am

I'm going for my son, not me. I wouldn't be going if my boy wasn't bothered. If trust members other than me had been complaining yesterday and I'd sorted my tickets, I'd have sympathised with an awful experience for them.

How do you feel you know other people's situations so well, that you're able to be that judgemental?

It's January, we got paid early in December, we've got 4 kids, we've just taken them on a family holiday, it's a week until payday after a 6 week month, we've sacrificed today's game to do this one, I've sacrificed a day's pay and more to get tickets, then the window gets slammed in your face.

How would you feel?
The ticketing could/should have been handled far better, however the hyperbole and highlighting personal circumstances (pleading poverty, etc) is just unnecessary and invites people’s criticism/scepticism.

You queued and were left disappointed and frustrated we get that even those who seem not to (sarcasm or gallows humour doesn’t translate well on football forums).

Hopefully the club will learn lessons as may fans (buy cheap season tickets to guarantee 2x online tickets, put money aside for potential post Christmas FA cup games, etc.) ultimately the club is responsible for distributing tickets (and they arguably haven’t done that well albeit with mitigation of short turnaround, etc.) but not for how people pay for them and £30 for adults is a very fair price point and even x several per family tickets would not come to that much (a fortune for some but probably far less than many spent on Christmas presents that have already been chucked in the bin) so on that the club HAS got it right.

ghosty wrote: January 20th, 2024, 12:21 am One other piece of incompetence that everyone has overlooked is that if the team played better in the original home tie and took their chances and sealed the victory;
then the club would have had an extra 10 days to organise the ticket sales.
The draw was made after the first game, pure luck-we me may have been away to Barnsley for all we knew! But regardless we should have put away 10 men first time around.

rncfc wrote: January 20th, 2024, 6:53 am

How would you feel?
I'd feel the same as you felt, but I'd have resisted the urge to start a thread about it, implying I'm finished with the club and wouldn't be going to the game.

But all is good now, you've got your tickets and you will be going to the game after all.