Re: THIS CLUB OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED OF ITSELF

The club stated that after all season ticket sales and plus ones along with Trust Entitlement there will be substantial numbers of tickets left for general sale. People just ignored that and decided that they all had to turn up on the first day. Predictably that overwelmed the ticket office. Yesterday afternoon in far more pleasant temperatures there was barely any queue.
People do like to blame others for their inability to be sensible.

whoareya wrote: January 20th, 2024, 8:54 am
rncfc wrote: January 20th, 2024, 6:53 am
whoareya wrote: January 19th, 2024, 1:20 pm
rncfc wrote: January 19th, 2024, 12:44 pm

I'm going for my son, not me. I wouldn't be going if my boy wasn't bothered. If trust members other than me had been complaining yesterday and I'd sorted my tickets, I'd have sympathised with an awful experience for them.

Clearly you're just a bit of a *******.
Nah, I just have a good nose for hypocrisy and knee jerk melt-downs.
How do you feel you know other people's situations so well, that you're able to be that judgemental?

It's January, we got paid early in December, we've got 4 kids, we've just taken them on a family holiday, it's a week until payday after a 6 week month, we've sacrificed today's game to do this one, I've sacrificed a day's pay and more to get tickets, then the window gets slammed in your face.

How would you feel?
I'd feel the same as you felt, but I'd have resisted the urge to start a thread about it, implying I'm finished with the club and wouldn't be going to the game.

But all is good now, you've got your tickets and you will be going to the game after all.
I think this post just about sums Whoareya up. You see rncfc has his tickets but still feels hurt not only about how he was treated but also about the young lad left in tears who it looks like won't get to see the game.

rncfc and I have had our fall outs, I fall out with lots of people. (It's what makes me so lovable :x ) but I have a tendency to really rile selfish little pr!cks who think only of themselves. So dear readers you know now why I am involved in arguments with Whoareya all the bloody time.

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 20th, 2024, 9:29 am The club stated that after all season ticket sales and plus ones along with Trust Entitlement there will be substantial numbers of tickets left for general sale. People just ignored that and decided that they all had to turn up on the first day. Predictably that overwelmed the ticket office. Yesterday afternoon in far more pleasant temperatures there was barely any queue.
I get that the club said that, but I'm inclined to not believe much the club says these days.

As I had solid evidence that trust members who were also season ticket holders has acquired more tickets than they were entitled to, plus the fact new corporate partners were managing to get their hands on lots of tickets, it caused a bit of a panic.

Yeah, the thread seems a bit OTT now and my reaction does seem a bit daft in hindsight, but you never know people's circumstances.

There were plenty of people around me reacting far more angrily but who didn't start threads here. There was a guy who seemed a very respectable middle aged bloke in the queue who had a proper paddy when the windows were shut, you can't blame him as everyone has their own reasons for queuing and their own breaking point.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 20th, 2024, 9:34 am

I'm going for my son, not me. I wouldn't be going if my boy wasn't bothered. If trust members other than me had been complaining yesterday and I'd sorted my tickets, I'd have sympathised with an awful experience for them.

How do you feel you know other people's situations so well, that you're able to be that judgemental?

It's January, we got paid early in December, we've got 4 kids, we've just taken them on a family holiday, it's a week until payday after a 6 week month, we've sacrificed today's game to do this one, I've sacrificed a day's pay and more to get tickets, then the window gets slammed in your face.

How would you feel?
I'd feel the same as you felt, but I'd have resisted the urge to start a thread about it, implying I'm finished with the club and wouldn't be going to the game.

But all is good now, you've got your tickets and you will be going to the game after all.
I think this post just about sums Whoareya up. You see rncfc has his tickets but still feels hurt not only about how he was treated but also about the young lad left in tears who it looks like won't get to see the game.

rncfc and I have had our fall outs, I fall out with lots of people. (It's what makes me so lovable :x ) but I have a tendency to really rile selfish little pr!cks who think only of themselves. So dear readers you know now why I am involved in arguments with Whoareya all the bloody time.
Had rncfc taken leave on Friday afternoon he would have got his ticket without any issues. But of course like Stan, rncfc doesn’t have one iota of common sense.

Those causing the issues are blaming others for looking after the welfare of those incapable of looking after their own.
Last edited by Bangitintrnet on January 20th, 2024, 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

rncfc wrote: January 20th, 2024, 9:56 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: January 20th, 2024, 9:29 am The club stated that after all season ticket sales and plus ones along with Trust Entitlement there will be substantial numbers of tickets left for general sale. People just ignored that and decided that they all had to turn up on the first day. Predictably that overwelmed the ticket office. Yesterday afternoon in far more pleasant temperatures there was barely any queue.
I get that the club said that, but I'm inclined to not believe much the club says these days.

As I had solid evidence that trust members who were also season ticket holders has acquired more tickets than they were entitled to, plus the fact new corporate partners were managing to get their hands on lots of tickets, it caused a bit of a panic.

Yeah, the thread seems a bit OTT now and my reaction does seem a bit daft in hindsight, but you never know people's circumstances.

There were plenty of people around me reacting far more angrily but who didn't start threads here. There was a guy who seemed a very respectable middle aged bloke in the queue who had a proper paddy when the windows were shut, you can't blame him as everyone has their own reasons for queuing and their own breaking point.
" I get that the club said that, but I'm inclined to not believe much the club says these days."

And that's where you choose to ignore facts and cause your own problems........

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 20th, 2024, 10:10 am

" I get that the club said that, but I'm inclined to not believe much the club says these days."

In your opinion.

The club has form for not telling whole truths, and misleading fans/members.

Feel free to disagree obviously, but that's just the way I see it.

rncfc wrote: January 20th, 2024, 10:29 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: January 20th, 2024, 10:10 am

In your opinion.

The club has form for not telling whole truths, and misleading fans/members.

Feel free to disagree obviously, but that's just the way I see it.
The trouble is people prefer their own version of fact......
Last edited by Bangitintrnet on January 20th, 2024, 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 20th, 2024, 10:04 am

How would you feel?

Had rncfc taken leave on Friday afternoon he would have got his ticket without any issues. But of course like Stan, rncfc doesn’t have one iota of common sense.

Those causing the issues are blaming others for looking after the welfare of those incapable of looking after their own.
I'd already taken leave on Thursday afternoon (I had an unavoidable meeting in the morning), and the 6 hours of queuing wasn't enough time.

How much leave and lost pay is acceptable for fans to take? I mean the true cost of my tickets was closer to 160 quid in reality.

All of this because paid employees couldn't work an extra hour. I don't care how you try and spin it, it isn't acceptable.

lowandhard wrote: January 19th, 2024, 5:26 pm
Kevinmoorefellover wrote: January 19th, 2024, 4:46 pm
rncfc wrote: January 19th, 2024, 4:39 pm
Kevinmoorefellover wrote: January 19th, 2024, 4:26 pm There is another option: don’t go. It won’t hurt the club financially as there will be someone to pay £30 in your place (likely because they want to see Manchester United rather than the County). Easier said than done I appreciate but, after I spent yesterday fretting over getting a ticket, I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders when I decided I wasn’t going to the game. Give me Grimsby on a freezing Tuesday night with 49 other County fans and I’m happy, plus I’ve still got my £30.
Yep, if I didn't have a 14-year old County supporting (and playing) son, that would have been my choice too.
I take your point.
You’ve both got it right but in different ways imho 😂 if I get there it’ll mainly be for the atmosphere in town. I’m really looking forward more to the Wrexham ( a little ) and Swindon ( more ) games. Just a shame the latter is an early ko , I do like my 3 o’clocks for the pre-match drinks and the craic.
I know what you mean. I’ll be in town (a pub) for the build up for today’s game and I’m looking forward to it.

rncfc wrote: January 20th, 2024, 10:32 am

How would you feel?

I'd already taken leave on Thursday afternoon (I had an unavoidable meeting in the morning), and the 6 hours of queuing wasn't enough time.

How much leave and lost pay is acceptable for fans to take? I mean the true cost of my tickets was closer to 160 quid in reality.

All of this because paid employees couldn't work an extra hour. I don't care how you try and spin it, it isn't acceptable.
It's not acceptable to blame others for you deciding that the club is lying, panicking and then expecting the club to stay open beyond the cut off point at -4 deg.

It's as simple as that, too many based what to do on panicking rather than use common sense.

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 20th, 2024, 10:38 am
rncfc wrote: January 20th, 2024, 10:32 am

How would you feel?

It's not acceptable to blame others for you deciding that the club is lying, panicking and then expecting the club to stay open beyond the cut off point at -4 deg.

It's as simple as that, too many based what to do on panicking rather than use common sense.
OK, you're entitled to your opinion.

I think you're wrong.

Next.

Kevinmoorefellover wrote: January 20th, 2024, 10:43 am Out of interest does anyone think the circumstances were any different with ticketing over at Somerton Park in the late 70s and early 80s? (technological advances aside) I remember queuing for tickets for West Ham, CZJ and the Welsh Cup final against Shrewsbury and it being like a circus each time.

If we’re successful under HJ there’ll be a lot more of this type of thing.
I personnally think it has been a lot better with the online availability. AFAIK, that wasn't available until fairly recently.