Re: THIS CLUB OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED OF ITSELF

Dave John wrote: January 19th, 2024, 3:50 pm I've joined the phone queue at 3.30pm. "You are currently 28, 25, 24, .... you are currently number 1 .... getting excited ... back to number 26 .... down to number 9 .... now I'm number 6 .... number 3 now ...... number 2 @ 3.48pm .....you are now first in line and will shortly speak with a representative ( thank you for your patience ). You are caller number 29, ........ !!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, everyone is still waiting for phone sales to start and only an hour left before they turn the system off if yesterday is anything to go by.

Why offer a service if you don't deliver it?

There is another option: don’t go. It won’t hurt the club financially as there will be someone to pay £30 in your place (likely because they want to see Manchester United rather than the County). Easier said than done I appreciate but, after I spent yesterday fretting over getting a ticket, I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders when I decided I wasn’t going to the game. Give me Grimsby on a freezing Tuesday night with 49 other County fans and I’m happy, plus I’ve still got my £30.

Kevinmoorefellover wrote: January 19th, 2024, 4:26 pm There is another option: don’t go. It won’t hurt the club financially as there will be someone to pay £30 in your place (likely because they want to see Manchester United rather than the County). Easier said than done I appreciate but, after I spent yesterday fretting over getting a ticket, I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders when I decided I wasn’t going to the game. Give me Grimsby on a freezing Tuesday night with 49 other County fans and I’m happy, plus I’ve still got my £30.
Yep, if I didn't have a 14-year old County supporting (and playing) son, that would have been my choice too.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 19th, 2024, 3:47 pm Just checked.

For £300 a year I can still become an Ex Pat member. Ryan Air will fly me both ways for £60 and a Premier Inn in Cardiff will put me up for the Sunday night for £75. Bus from Bristol airport to Newport and return £20.

So if I was willing to part with £455 I could have watched the game in a Newport pub. Or for nothing I can watch it from my sofa.

Why did I ever decide not to remain a Trust member? :grin:
Why - because you are an arsehole.

Kevinmoorefellover wrote: January 19th, 2024, 4:26 pm There is another option: don’t go. It won’t hurt the club financially as there will be someone to pay £30 in your place (likely because they want to see Manchester United rather than the County). Easier said than done I appreciate but, after I spent yesterday fretting over getting a ticket, I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders when I decided I wasn’t going to the game. Give me Grimsby on a freezing Tuesday night with 49 other County fans and I’m happy, plus I’ve still got my £30.
I'm starting to come around to this feeling, and it's fine because I'm happy to go to any game I can equally (I'm looking forward to tomorrow just as much as the FA Cup game, and Swindon after that). But also... I'd quite like to go to this one too, and should be entitled to a ticket as a longstanding trust member. I sympathise with the ticket office (I assume still) being volunteer-run and all that, but it's still disappointing that what felt like a guaranteed ticket yesterday is now feeling like a long shot because I couldn't get the time off work to stand in a queue all day, instead having to (apparently futilely) sit on hold on the phone. Alas.

rncfc wrote: January 19th, 2024, 4:39 pm
Yep, if I didn't have a 14-year old County supporting (and playing) son, that would have been my choice too.
I take your point.

Kevinmoorefellover wrote: January 19th, 2024, 4:46 pm
rncfc wrote: January 19th, 2024, 4:39 pm
I take your point.
You’ve both got it right but in different ways imho 😂 if I get there it’ll mainly be for the atmosphere in town. I’m really looking forward more to the Wrexham ( a little ) and Swindon ( more ) games. Just a shame the latter is an early ko , I do like my 3 o’clocks for the pre-match drinks and the craic.

South London Exile wrote: January 19th, 2024, 4:47 pm A friend of mine queued up on my behalf and get hold of a ticket for me, sailed close to the wind but we got there in the end!

Told there is only north terrace tickets left, no seating anywhere (including temp stand). Also that given things have calmed down a bit down there now that people are at long last answering the phones. Good luck to anyone who's still trying to get through!!!
Pretty sure there will be more available for general sale on Monday when unsold season ticket seats are unlocked.
My family has four season tickets so we were able to buy 8 online but wanted them together so bought all 8 elsewhere in the ground, meaning our four season ticket seats will be available for general sale on Monday.
I’d imagine that will be the case with a fair number of season ticket holders.

I have a couple of questions for people who already have their tickets.

I have an email with 2 pdf files with different file names attached, one for each ticket but unlike the tickets for tomorrow they both have the same bar code and are identical. Does anyone else have the same or do you have different bar codes on each ticket as per the Wrexham tickets?

I thought there was a simple answer because the email clearly shows 2 different seat numbers and also has 2 links to be able to add them to google wallet. The next problem though is that those links do not work at the moment> I'm wondering whether this may be a timing issue and the ticketmaster system needs to catch up. Anybody else had similar?