Re: THIS CLUB OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED OF ITSELF

CathedralCounty wrote: January 19th, 2024, 2:44 pm
South London Exile wrote: January 19th, 2024, 2:30 pm I take it no other exiled trust members have got through on the phone?...

I'll keep trying this afternoon out of hope more than expectation. Assuming I don't get through I'll be cancelling my direct debit tomorrow. If anyone can give me a valid reason why it's worth staying in the Trust then I'm all ears...

In many ways the club has taken great strides in recent years. However, behind the scenes we are very much a tinpot club more suited to the conference south than the football league. People in the know with the right contacts will seemingly get a ticket no problem, while many who are rightfully entitled to a ticket will miss out.

Yes I'll still travel to Wimbledon in a few weeks, about as close a County game to home will be this season. But it just wont be the same really.
If anyone can give me a valid reason why it's worth staying in the Trust then I'm all ears to support and maintain an interest in the club? were you happy to be a trust member before the random draw for the 4th round was made/had we not made the 'glamour' rounds? if yes why not now?
This is the first time since the Trust relinquished control of the club that the worthiness of continuing to have a Trust membership has been put to the test. In my opinion the club has failed that test miserably.

South London Exile wrote: January 19th, 2024, 2:53 pm
South London Exile wrote: January 19th, 2024, 2:30 pm I take it no other exiled trust members have got through on the phone?...

I'll keep trying this afternoon out of hope more than expectation. Assuming I don't get through I'll be cancelling my direct debit tomorrow. If anyone can give me a valid reason why it's worth staying in the Trust then I'm all ears...

In many ways the club has taken great strides in recent years. However, behind the scenes we are very much a tinpot club more suited to the conference south than the football league. People in the know with the right contacts will seemingly get a ticket no problem, while many who are rightfully entitled to a ticket will miss out.

Yes I'll still travel to Wimbledon in a few weeks, about as close a County game to home will be this season. But it just wont be the same really.
If anyone can give me a valid reason why it's worth staying in the Trust then I'm all ears to support and maintain an interest in the club? were you happy to be a trust member before the random draw for the 4th round was made/had we not made the 'glamour' rounds? if yes why not now?
This is the first time since the Trust relinquished control of the club that the worthiness of continuing to have a Trust membership has been put to the test. In my opinion the club has failed that test miserably.
I feel tickets for ALL categories should have been available online - but we are where we are, see my post on spare tickets - lets hope we can get you one.

CathedralCounty wrote: January 19th, 2024, 3:00 pm

I feel tickets for ALL categories should have been available online - but we are where we are, see my post on spare tickets - lets hope we can get you one.
I agree, it's bonkers to have people queuing for 6+ hours in the freezing cold to get hold of a ticket in this day and age. Much appreciated re the other thread, I'll keep my eyes peeled!

Trust members have become an afterthought for the club since the takeover was voted through.
Don’t be fooled by EFL approval not being through yet, Jenkins is running things & has been for weeks.
A friend of mine runs a concert venue & uses Ticketmaster for their ticket sales, as County does.
Adding Trust members to the system is a relatively simple data transfer from the Trust/club to Ticketmaster. There is no good reason why it hasn’t been done.
I’m fortunate enough to be a season ticket holder & buying my tickets online for the Man Utd match was simple, quick & painless.
It could and should have been for Trust members as well.
Instead they have only had the option of queuing for hours in freezing weather. The phone lines don’t work because they’re manned by the same people serving at the ticket office windows, and there is no online option.
The people to blame are not those doing the serving, but those not doing the managing.

excessbee wrote: January 19th, 2024, 3:10 pm I think we all have this strange notion that if we abandon a queue, it might suddenly dissolve or speed up the moment we walk away. Knowing there was a second day to get a ticket (for Newport residents) should have led to a lot more walking away yesterday. But we aren't logical creatures especially when we can see the front of the queue (from the back).
Absolutely

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 19th, 2024, 3:03 pm I understand from a mate that made the judgement call to leave the queue at 5.30pm yesterday, that the queue is presently 15 minutes long...................
Well there we are then 4 more hours plus a few hours after Wrexham game to get ticket(s) - yesterday was poor but seems like it settled down a lot now and this thread (to which I have been an eager contributor I admit) was probably a very overblown hyperbolic one from all sides of the debate - what have we learned? - the early bird doesn't always catch the worm and that the club isn't always as well run in all aspects as it should be (roll on HJ's influence in making us a slicker outfit off the field!).

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 19th, 2024, 3:03 pm I understand from a mate that made the judgement call to leave the queue at 5.30pm yesterday, that the queue is presently 15 minutes long...................
Exactly mate, l learned from experience. The last time I queued for tickets in this weather I was on the verge of collapse. I’d never do that again, my mate went on the second day and it took him 20 minutes. Lesson learned. Even coffin dodgers like me get a bit silly about these things. By the way, that’s not excusing inefficiency of policing the queue, not difficult to pick a point in it and say you won’t get served today. It would have saved all this angst.
Edit: I still would have modelled the ticketing on selling block by block and not on ST seats and preprinting the tickets.

South London Exile wrote: January 19th, 2024, 3:03 pm
CathedralCounty wrote: January 19th, 2024, 3:00 pm

I agree, it's bonkers to have people queuing for 6+ hours in the freezing cold to get hold of a ticket in this day and age. Much appreciated re the other thread, I'll keep my eyes peeled!
See your messages - no promises but worth a shot!

Just checked.

For £300 a year I can still become an Ex Pat member. Ryan Air will fly me both ways for £60 and a Premier Inn in Cardiff will put me up for the Sunday night for £75. Bus from Bristol airport to Newport and return £20.

So if I was willing to part with £455 I could have watched the game in a Newport pub. Or for nothing I can watch it from my sofa.

Why did I ever decide not to remain a Trust member? :grin:

I've joined the phone queue at 3.30pm. "You are currently 28, 25, 24, .... you are currently number 1 .... getting excited ... back to number 26 .... down to number 9 .... now I'm number 6 .... number 3 now ...... number 2 @ 3.48pm .....you are now first in line and will shortly speak with a representative ( thank you for your patience ). You are caller number 29, ........ !!!!!!!!!!!!

CathedralCounty wrote: January 19th, 2024, 3:13 pm
Well there we are then 4 more hours plus a few hours after Wrexham game to get ticket(s) - yesterday was poor but seems like it settled down a lot now and this thread (to which I have been an eager contributor I admit) was probably a very overblown hyperbolic one from all sides of the debate - what have we learned? - the early bird doesn't always catch the worm and that the club isn't always as well run in all aspects as it should be (roll on HJ's influence in making us a slicker outfit off the field!).
Not for me. I stand by what I said. Treating your fans/customers like that when a large demand and overtime requirement was obvious, is just not good form.

Yeah, to answer an earlier poster, my dad queued and was away by 10am or so.....having joined the queue about 2 hours before the sales resumed. So a 9 hour queue required in total to get tickets for 2 trust members, and a season ticket holder needed to finish the job because I couldn't afford to lose another day's pay.