Re: THIS CLUB OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED OF ITSELF

UPTHEPORT wrote: January 20th, 2024, 11:21 am
Amberexile wrote: January 19th, 2024, 7:00 pm I have to say a huge thank you to UPTHEPORT who has dashed over to Rodney Parade queued for me and we have sorted our tickets out.

I honestly do not believe we would have got to the game with out his help

So thanks very much mate, you are a star

Your welcome Paul

I've just noticed my tickets have the same barcode
Thanks again mate and that's reassuring to hear as well :grin:

Now to concentrate on today's game

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 20th, 2024, 9:34 am
whoareya wrote: January 20th, 2024, 8:54 am
rncfc wrote: January 20th, 2024, 6:53 am
whoareya wrote: January 19th, 2024, 1:20 pm
rncfc wrote: January 19th, 2024, 12:44 pm

I'm going for my son, not me. I wouldn't be going if my boy wasn't bothered. If trust members other than me had been complaining yesterday and I'd sorted my tickets, I'd have sympathised with an awful experience for them.

Clearly you're just a bit of a *******.
Nah, I just have a good nose for hypocrisy and knee jerk melt-downs.
How do you feel you know other people's situations so well, that you're able to be that judgemental?

It's January, we got paid early in December, we've got 4 kids, we've just taken them on a family holiday, it's a week until payday after a 6 week month, we've sacrificed today's game to do this one, I've sacrificed a day's pay and more to get tickets, then the window gets slammed in your face.

How would you feel?
I'd feel the same as you felt, but I'd have resisted the urge to start a thread about it, implying I'm finished with the club and wouldn't be going to the game.

But all is good now, you've got your tickets and you will be going to the game after all.
I think this post just about sums Whoareya up. You see rncfc has his tickets but still feels hurt not only about how he was treated but also about the young lad left in tears who it looks like won't get to see the game.

rncfc and I have had our fall outs, I fall out with lots of people. (It's what makes me so lovable :x ) but I have a tendency to really rile selfish little pr!cks who think only of themselves. So dear readers you know now why I am involved in arguments with Whoareya all the bloody time.
Oh dear Einstein, you need to learn to the read the room, we've moved on now.

So lots of hugs and kisses from the Hazell Terrace

Xxxx

ghosty wrote: January 20th, 2024, 6:40 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 20th, 2024, 5:46 pm Really glad Whoareya believes we've all moved on. I'm listening to Call Rob Phillips now. Hope you're listening to Claire the first caller.
You mean the disabled woman who haven't been to a game this season and is upset she can't get a Man Utd ticket
Yeah. Alyhough she didn't say she hadn't been all season, she said hadntbeen all season rather that she couldngo at present because of illness.

But the point is, if a football club is to be something more than just another business selling entertainment the surely it must been it has to be accessible to all. Not just the relatively well off but those on limited incomes. Not just the ambulant, but also those living with disabilities. Not just those with internet banking but the young and the old who often don't.

I will watch the game on TV. If it goes to a replay I'll be at Old Trafford. If I were desperate to see the game I can buy a ticket off a tout if need be. Here's the point, if we are to have a club we can be proud of, then f@ck this 'I'm alright Jack' attitude.

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 20th, 2024, 7:05 pm 9500 at RP today, was there a problem with tickets? no. So is it the club that's the problem with MU tickets?no..............simple as........
Rwanda is a safe country. Brexit is a resounding success. The cost of living crisis is a myth. The The plan is working.

The Tories and Bangit. The only people who believe you can say a load of bollox is true and as if by magic it is true.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 20th, 2024, 7:11 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 20th, 2024, 5:46 pm Really glad Whoareya believes we've all moved on. I'm listening to Call Rob Phillips now. Hope you're listening to Claire the first caller.
You mean the disabled woman who haven't been to a game this season and is upset she can't get a Man Utd ticket
Yeah. Alyhough she didn't say she hadn't been all season, she said hadntbeen all season rather that she couldngo at present because of illness.

But the point is, if a football club is to be something more than just another business selling entertainment the surely it must been it has to be accessible to all. Not just the relatively well off but those on limited incomes. Not just the ambulant, but also those living with disabilities. Not just those with internet banking but the young and the old who often don't.

I will watch the game on TV. If it goes to a replay I'll be at Old Trafford. If I were desperate to see the game I can buy a ticket off a tout if need be. Here's the point, if we are to have a club we can be proud of, then f@ck this 'I'm alright Jack' attitude.
But she would have had a miracle cure to be able to go the the Man Utd game. Kept referring to THE COUNTY as her 'home town football club', a proper regular supporter will always call them THE COUNTY.
I collected my wife from her mothers house after the game and she has no interest in football at all, yet she couldn't believe this 'Karen's sense of entitlement.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 20th, 2024, 7:22 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: January 20th, 2024, 7:05 pm 9500 at RP today, was there a problem with tickets? no. So is it the club that's the problem with MU tickets?no..............simple as........
Rwanda is a safe country. Brexit is a resounding success. The cost of living crisis is a myth. The The plan is working.

The Tories and Bangit. The only people who believe you can say a load of bollox is true and as if by magic it is true.

It is true Stan, its 100% true, simple as............

It's something you can't comprehend, telling the truth......how much in debt were NCAFC in May?

You simply make up porkies, all your life, it never ever stops does it?

How many times have the club been fecked? All lies, lies upon lies upon lies.............

Yes and the point is not whether Claire has been to any matches this season but that a disabled person should have the same access to watch sport as an able bodied person. Further although getting a ticket at RP for a disabled person may only occasionally be a problem, perhaps more important is the lack of adequate facilities for a disabled person. Basically a tiny "bus shelter" in a far flung corner of the ground.

ghosty wrote: January 20th, 2024, 7:34 pm

But she would have had a miracle cure to be able to go the the Man Utd game. Kept referring to THE COUNTY as her 'home town football club', a proper regular supporter will always call them THE COUNTY.
I collected my wife from her mothers house after the game and she has no interest in football at all, yet she couldn't believe this 'Karen's sense of entitlement.
Have to say she didn't come across that way to me. Still everyone can listen to it themselves and make their own minds up.

Further to my post above.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I would never try to stop anyone expressing their views.

With this in mind and having read Ghosty's view I relistened to Claire's phone call. I can't in all fairness see how anyone who listened to her call could come to the conclusion that she was entitled in any way. If anything I suspect that in her position I would be far less measured.

My suspicion is that some people feel that it is wrong to criticize Newport County. My opinion is that to progress supporters should be yelling from the rooftops when the club fall below the standard we have a right to expect. Competent leaders invite criticism. Second raters surround themselves with those who only praise.

And in my view, once again, in the way our club has treated a section of our fellow supporters falls way below the standard we should demand.