Grandstand: Newport County AFC versus Wrexham AFC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrp6LNS_qjc&t=211 - GC presser.

Looking forward to tomorrow. First half at the Racecourse we matched them. They're a one man team let's face it (Lee). Not overly worried about Mullin and his sh1thousery for 90 mins. Fletcher scored the easiest goal of his career against the Dons when they left him unmarked at the back post so we just need to not do that. No Mendy as he's at AFCON. The keeper is a worldie but we've got the Llangedwyn Eusebio, bring it on!

BTW GC confirmed we were in for Joe Hugill (ManU) on loan. Shouldawouldacoulda but he would have been a hell of a loan player to get and scored a brilliant goal for Burton against Derby on Monday night.

Re: Grandstand: Newport County AFC versus Wrexham AFC

Amberexile wrote: January 19th, 2024, 11:47 am Mansfield v Sutton postponed due to frozen pitch. Would we do the same so that we can concentrate on the important game next weekend?
Stags are suffering with that at the moment as they also called off their FGR game in the week. I'm sure GC would like to have it called off if he could but the club want the extra revenue generated with the additional seating so I think it'll go ahead unless we absolutely have to call it off.

Last time we called a game off was this time last year (against Wimbledon) so it's a distinct possibility.

Re: Grandstand: Newport County AFC versus Wrexham AFC

Chepstow'sFine wrote: January 19th, 2024, 12:26 pm
Amberexile wrote: January 19th, 2024, 11:47 am Mansfield v Sutton postponed due to frozen pitch. Would we do the same so that we can concentrate on the important game next weekend?
Stags are suffering with that at the moment as they also called off their FGR game in the week. I'm sure GC would like to have it called off if he could but the club want the extra revenue generated with the additional seating so I think it'll go ahead unless we absolutely have to call it off.

Last time we called a game off was this time last year (against Wimbledon) so it's a distinct possibility.
according to the Argus the pitch has been covered all week. A distinct lack of forward planning by the club again :grin:
surely all of the tickets have been sold now so the club has the revenue?
Mansfield pitch has been poor for many years, they overspend on the team every season but neglect the pitch and to some extent the rest of the stadium.