Attendance.

For a long time I have been banging on about the fact that Newport is a big place. If you add Cwmbran and the other valley towns it is one of the most densely populated areas of the UK. In short properly managed the potential for Newport County to be far more successful in the future than we have been in the past really does exist. And I swear to God the next poster who comes on this board and uses any phrase ending 'little Newport' I will find and I will kill. Slowly. Inflicting the maximum amount of pain that I am able.

Just look at the attendance today. I know that Wrexham brought 1,400. I know next week we play Manchester United. I know it was a Welsh derby. But.

In January when many people are feeling the pinch. In a working class town where money is tight and given a choice of one or the other you'd choose Manchester United before Wrexham. Ask yourself one simple question. How many towns and cities in the UK could get over 8,000 in the watch a lower mid-table League 2 side.

No reason this type of attendance can't become the norm. Actually in League 1 or the Championship we can improve on it. It is time to stop listening to those who excuse the second rate. It is time to stop making excuses. And time to start believing in ourselves.

Re: Attendance.

On my way home from the match, I stopped in at a friend's house. She Iives about a mile and a half from RP, as the crow flies. The first thing she said to me was "I heard you singing". So, goodness knows what it must have sounded like on the pitch and the intimidatory affect it must have had on the Wrexham players. Maybe there is s something in this 'twelveth man' thing after all.

Chris Davis wrote: January 21st, 2024, 10:23 am On my way home from the match, I stopped in at a friend's house. She Iives about a mile and a half from RP, as the crow flies. The first thing she said to me was "I heard you singing". So, goodness knows what it must have sounded like on the pitch and the intimidatory affect it must have had on the Wrexham players. Maybe there is s something in this 'twelveth man' thing after all.

You must have a loud distinctive voice for her to single your voice out😁

Does the other half know you stopped at a 'Friends House' or have you let slip a secret?😁

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 20th, 2024, 10:24 pm For a long time I have been banging on about the fact that Newport is a big place. If you add Cwmbran and the other valley towns it is one of the most densely populated areas of the UK. In short properly managed the potential for Newport County to be far more successful in the future than we have been in the past really does exist. And I swear to God the next poster who comes on this board and uses any phrase ending 'little Newport' I will find and I will kill. Slowly. Inflicting the maximum amount of pain that I am able.

Just look at the attendance today. I know that Wrexham brought 1,400. I know next week we play Manchester United. I know it was a Welsh derby. But.

In January when many people are feeling the pinch. In a working class town where money is tight and given a choice of one or the other you'd choose Manchester United before Wrexham. Ask yourself one simple question. How many towns and cities in the UK could get over 8,000 in the watch a lower mid-table League 2 side.

No reason this type of attendance can't become the norm. Actually in League 1 or the Championship we can improve on it. It is time to stop listening to those who excuse the second rate. It is time to stop making excuses. And time to start believing in ourselves.

'Little Old Newport' stuffed the mighty Hollywood FC yesterday.

Get on that plane Brendan 😁

neilcork68 wrote: January 21st, 2024, 10:41 am
      Chris Davis wrote: January 21st, 2024, 10:23 am On my way home from the match, I stopped in at a friend's house. She Iives about a mile and a half from RP, as the crow flies. The first thing she said to me was "I heard you singing". So, goodness knows what it must have sounded like on the pitch and the intimidatory affect it must have had on the Wrexham players. Maybe there is s something in this 'twelveth man' thing after all.

You must have a loud distinctive voice for her to single your voice out😁

Does the other half know you stopped at a 'Friends House' or have you let slip a secret?😁
        She knows I have a loud distinctive voice - she's heard me singing in the shower often enough. Keep that to yourself though, please🤣

UPTHEPORT wrote: January 21st, 2024, 11:31 am We had similar attendances v spurs and man City

There's a clue there
        The grating chant of “you’re only here for the Wrexham” was in part true though. Stan has some good points but I’d say (factoring in temporary stands and huge away following) we’re looking at about 6,000 home fans, my litmus test will be Swindon game and the Notts game let’s get 4,500 home fans at least.

I feel we could sustain league one football here and with current capacity as it is we should be capable of drawing 5,000 home fans to all but the least glamorous games along with increased away followings in league 1 then 6000 gates should be more of a norm than exception.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 20th, 2024, 10:24 pm For a long time I have been banging on about the fact that Newport is a big place. If you add Cwmbran and the other valley towns it is one of the most densely populated areas of the UK. In short properly managed the potential for Newport County to be far more successful in the future than we have been in the past really does exist. And I swear to God the next poster who comes on this board and uses any phrase ending 'little Newport' I will find and I will kill. Slowly. Inflicting the maximum amount of pain that I am able.

Well said mate always felt the same. Why label us little old Newport County. Take Burnley half our population and in the premiership. UTC