Re: Online sales only tomorrow

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 21st, 2024, 3:50 pm
rncfc wrote: January 21st, 2024, 3:37 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: January 21st, 2024, 3:33 pm
Taunton Iron Cider wrote: January 21st, 2024, 3:19 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: January 21st, 2024, 2:56 pm
Taunton Iron Cider wrote: January 21st, 2024, 2:35 pm
rncfc wrote: January 21st, 2024, 12:46 pm Let's have it right, the reason rickets are online only tomorrow is that there are hardly any left, and having told people there would be plenty it would cause chaos.

This is fine, but don't give me this shite.
Totally agree, had there been a real issue why did they continue selling tickets on Friday and again yesterday? There are undoubtedly very few tickets now left, so why bother opening on Monday for only an hour or so?
The club have stated that there will be a substantial number of tickets available. At a quess hundreds of allocated season tickets and the extra 1000 temp stand that wasn't shown on the online option.

Why are people still trying to justify the behaviour of the queue, in choosing to ignore what they have been told, when by doing that, it is precisely the root cause of problems?

Amberexile posted earlier about Kevin Ward showing how easy it was to pick up a full entitlement by waiting, and receiving ridiculous abuse for pointing out visually to people not to panic buy.
Seats in the ‘extra’ stand were being sold on Thursday, I can state that as fact because 4 were purchased that I’m certainly aware of. They were sold because apparently they were only ones left at the time, which was 6pm that day.
If you are in the ticket office faced by a mob what would you do?

People who sign onto the website can put tickets into a basket for half an hour, so those tickets are unavailable along with the actual season ticket. They would also be unavailable to ticket office staff when dealing with the queue. It doesn’t actually mean that those tickets are unavailable after half an hour, as some would prefer to release and see if they can get some closer to a preferred location. The availability thus changes in time but ticket office staff only have what they can sell at that precise moment, particularly when pairs are unavailable.
If you're in a ticket office serving people who have been queuing all day, why would whoever was in charge risk turning them into a mob? Braindead.
I completely agree with you,choosing to queue for six hours, instead of 15 minutes, and then taking it out on ticket booth staff is the action of the brain dead.............
Please enlighten me, where was the 15 minute option for me? I booked Thursday afternoon off work, thinking by this time the queue would have died down.

I couldn't take any time off Friday, and I didn't go yesterday.

Why are you defending shite organisation? Nobody took anything out on anyone. They were the direction of the obvious anger, there was nothing personal, no threats directed at them.

If you do things to make people angry, then angry they will get.

It's evident that the people defending all this are those who had access to buying tickets online. Why isn't this the question being asked? Are we so useless that we can't get someone to enter some data into a computer system?

Why don't you do it tomorrow when you get in?

rncfc wrote: January 21st, 2024, 3:58 pm
rncfc wrote: January 21st, 2024, 12:46 pm Let's have it right, the reason rickets are online only tomorrow is that there are hardly any left, and having told people there would be plenty it would cause chaos.

Totally agree, had there been a real issue why did they continue selling tickets on Friday and again yesterday? There are undoubtedly very few tickets now left, so why bother opening on Monday for only an hour or so?
The club have stated that there will be a substantial number of tickets available. At a quess hundreds of allocated season tickets and the extra 1000 temp stand that wasn't shown on the online option.

Why are people still trying to justify the behaviour of the queue, in choosing to ignore what they have been told, when by doing that, it is precisely the root cause of problems?

Amberexile posted earlier about Kevin Ward showing how easy it was to pick up a full entitlement by waiting, and receiving ridiculous abuse for pointing out visually to people not to panic buy.
Seats in the ‘extra’ stand were being sold on Thursday, I can state that as fact because 4 were purchased that I’m certainly aware of. They were sold because apparently they were only ones left at the time, which was 6pm that day.

People who sign onto the website can put tickets into a basket for half an hour, so those tickets are unavailable along with the actual season ticket. They would also be unavailable to ticket office staff when dealing with the queue. It doesn’t actually mean that those tickets are unavailable after half an hour, as some would prefer to release and see if they can get some closer to a preferred location. The availability thus changes in time but ticket office staff only have what they can sell at that precise moment, particularly when pairs are unavailable.
If you're in a ticket office serving people who have been queuing all day, why would whoever was in charge risk turning them into a mob? Braindead.
I completely agree with you,choosing to queue for six hours, instead of 15 minutes, and then taking it out on ticket booth staff is the action of the brain dead.............
Please enlighten me, where was the 15 minute option for me? I booked Thursday afternoon off work, thinking by this time the queue would have died down.

Why are you defending shite organisation? Nobody took anything out on anyone. They were the direction of the obvious anger, there was nothing personal, no threats directed at them.

It's evident that the people defending all this are those who had access to buying tickets online. Why isn't this the question being asked? Are we so useless that we can't get someone to enter some data into a computer system?

I keep telling you I am nothing to do with the club, but like everything else you don't listen, because you decide your version is better................

You could have gone Saturday evening, your choice, but no, club staff are the problem to the brain dead..................

Myself or two nephews are neither season ticket holders or trust members,so one of my nephews got money out of bank and the two of them were going to queue overnight to get tickets now they are only available on line tomorrow so no chance of getting tickets,off the field county are a disgrace and joke and the minority of fans should be ashamed of themselves for the way they have manipulated the system to get extra tickets,there will be proper supporters who wont be at the game next week but will be at games rest of season when the 4-5000 won't be anywhere to be seen but the club won't care they got there money stuff the real fans🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 21st, 2024, 4:21 pm

I keep telling you I am nothing to do with the club, but like everything else you don't listen, because you decide your version is better................

You could have gone Saturday evening, your choice, but no, club staff are the problem to the brain dead..................
No, I couldn't have gone Saturday evening. I've got 4 kids and a life outside joining queues that lead to nowhere.

If your approach was right and everyone listened to you, we'd have had no queue Thursday and a 1,500 person queue last night.

Then you'd have been criticising people for not acting swiftly.

Luckily for our fans they're not thick as sh1t like you clearly are. C[_]nt

Crazy frog wrote: January 21st, 2024, 5:33 pm Myself or two nephews are neither season ticket holders or trust members,so one of my nephews got money out of bank and the two of them were going to queue overnight to get tickets now they are only available on line tomorrow so no chance of getting tickets,off the field county are a disgrace and joke and the minority of fans should be ashamed of themselves for the way they have manipulated the system to get extra tickets,there will be proper supporters who wont be at the game next week but will be at games rest of season when the 4-5000 won't be anywhere to be seen but the club won't care they got there money stuff the real fans🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
I don’t doubt your frustration and agree that the club may have dropped the ball on ticketing the Man Utd game but I’ve been constantly hearing about these “real fans” and am struck by what a meaningless term that is, and how do we know that it’s not “real fans” who have snapped up these tickets, or had them snapped up on the their behalf? (By means fair or slightly foul).

It does seem odd that we have suddenly acquired 3-4,000 extra “real fans” in the past week or so in truth very few of whom were at the Oldham, Barnet or Eastleigh home games in the earlier rounds of the FA cup-exiled fans fair enough but the others who haven’t gone to any of the previous rounds home games can’t now lay claim to being that “real”.

I’ve nothing against those who have suddenly had a damascene conversion to becoming a Newport County fan - the more the merrier as far as I’m concerned but for those people to claim they are “real fans” is somewhat rich.

rncfc wrote: January 21st, 2024, 5:42 pm

If your approach was right and everyone listened to you, we'd have had no queue Thursday and a 1,500 person queue last night.

Do you have your tickets, yes....................
Did you and hundreds of others use the available times effectively, no..............
Is that a problem caused by the club, no...............

The great shame is that the fantastic organisation of the club to issue details of ticket sales 15 minutes after the Eastleigh game. To get the temporary stands transported and erected starting at 9am the following day, and to fill them for the Wrexham game, gets overshadowed by hundreds of people who simply can't wait, and collectively cause their own issues.

People started queuing at 4 am, so the ticket office has a backlog before it opened. That is only going to get bigger if people turning up are not willing to see the queue and act responsibly and walk away.

The club staff are then not pressurised into possibly having to decide who can stay in the queue, and who has to be excluded. That decision should have been made sensibly by those in the queue, using the knowledge that tickets will still be available. Collectively the fact is, it wasn't. So it is then a cop out to blame the club for decisions that should have been taken collectively, but weren't.
People hoped that sheer numbers would force the clubs hand. That is mob rule. It is not acceptable.

I have already said that IMO it should have been phone sales only, so no queues.

Going forward, if people are only in the trust to have an allocation of tickets for big matches, then surely consideration has to be given to better ways.

We had half season tickets on sale with an allocation, perhaps quarter season tickets would be a cheaper, better option than trust membership?

I really enjoyed Saturday, the game, the good performance, the enhanced atmosphere of a massive crowd, who behaved extremely well.......

UPTHEPORT wrote: January 21st, 2024, 2:57 pm Only heard second hand yesterday

Someone said a fan Said they where going to smash the ticket off windows in

Is that true, I hope not
Yes it definitely happened and that’s what was said in a very threatening manner. There a vids to prove it. Whether it actually happened is by the by. Imagine working all done trying your best and have that happened. No justification at all

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 21st, 2024, 7:24 pm
rncfc wrote: January 21st, 2024, 5:42 pm

Do you have your tickets, yes....................
Did you and hundreds of others use the available times effectively, no..............
Is that a problem caused by the club, no...............

The great shame is that the fantastic organisation of the club to issue details of ticket sales 15 minutes after the Eastleigh game. To get the temporary stands transported and erected starting at 9am the following day, and to fill them for the Wrexham game, gets overshadowed by hundreds of people who simply can't wait, and collectively cause their own issues.

People started queuing at 4 am, so the ticket office has a backlog before it opened. That is only going to get bigger if people turning up are not willing to see the queue and act responsibly and walk away.

The club staff are then not pressurised into possibly having to decide who can stay in the queue, and who has to be excluded. That decision should have been made sensibly by those in the queue, using the knowledge that tickets will still be available. Collectively the fact is, it wasn't. So it is then a cop out to blame the club for decisions that should have been taken collectively, but weren't.
People hoped that sheer numbers would force the clubs hand. That is mob rule. It is not acceptable.

I have already said that IMO it should have been phone sales only, so no queues.

Going forward, if people are only in the trust to have an allocation of tickets for big matches, then surely consideration has to be given to better ways.

We had half season tickets on sale with an allocation, perhaps quarter season tickets would be a cheaper, better option than trust membership?

I really enjoyed Saturday, the game, the good performance, the enhanced atmosphere of a massive crowd, who behaved extremely well.......
Seeing as we had season ticket holders doubling up their allocation via trust memberships, perhaps we should review priority here too?

You're one sided, blind love in with the owners is embarrassing. I'm bored of you now.

Juliansboy wrote: January 21st, 2024, 7:35 pm

Is that true, I hope not
Yes it definitely happened and that’s what was said in a very threatening manner. There a vids to prove it. Whether it actually happened is by the by. Imagine working all done trying your best and have that happened. No justification at all

I’ve seen the video where someone says they’re going to smash the windows in and take the tickets …. And whilst it’s a very stupid thing to say, to me he was clearly joking as he laughed after it.

Exile 1976 wrote: January 21st, 2024, 8:11 pm

Is that true, I hope not

I’ve seen the video where someone says they’re going to smash the windows in and take the tickets …. And whilst it’s a very stupid thing to say, to me he was clearly joking as he laughed after it.
All opinions but it’s now how I saw it. I wouldn’t want any family member of mine to have to hear that after putting in the shift those staff members did. They didn’t know it was a joke and the ticket office manager has a duty of care. If some thing had happened I’m sure there would be 5 pages of discussion here about the club not protecting its staff.

Joke or not and regard less of the the circumstances that’s no way to carry on.

Juliansboy wrote: January 21st, 2024, 8:19 pm
Exile 1976 wrote: January 21st, 2024, 8:11 pm

Is that true, I hope not

All opinions but it’s now how I saw it. I wouldn’t want any family member of mine to have to hear that after putting in the shift those staff members did. They didn’t know it was a joke and the ticket office manager has a duty of care. If some thing had happened I’m sure there would be 5 pages of discussion here about the club not protecting its staff.

Joke or not and regard less of the the circumstances that’s no way to carry on.
They are though independent of each other. I'm not defending anyone threatening staff but by the same token the decision to put up the shutters and the utter ineptitude of the entire ticketing proceeded any mouthing off by anyone in the queue.

rncfc wrote: January 21st, 2024, 7:37 pm

Seeing as we had season ticket holders doubling up their allocation via trust memberships, perhaps we should review priority here too?
I'm not trying to start another line of personal argument here, so please don't look upon it that way. I've dipped in and out of this and other threads about ticket sales and you seem quite sure about people claiming a double allowance (season ticket and trust). Is this through personal evidence or 'a mate told me'. A rumour like that can spread quickly, especially through social media.
What if the situation actually was someone who went along with two trust membership cards (or details) and two season tickets (for a second pair of people). He/ she could legitimately walk away with four tickets (or even eight) which would be the allowance for the four persons involved. This may have included two for an exiled fan unable to come down to queue, an elderly fan likewise indisposed, someone at work. One person queues up on behalf of four. Surely that's an efficient way of getting tickets?

excessbee wrote: January 21st, 2024, 8:31 pm
rncfc wrote: January 21st, 2024, 7:37 pm

I'm not trying to start another line of personal argument here, so please don't look upon it that way. I've dipped in and out of this and other threads about ticket sales and you seem quite sure about people claiming a double allowance (season ticket and trust). Is this through personal evidence or 'a mate told me'. A rumour like that can spread quickly, especially through social media.
What if the situation actually was someone who went along with two trust membership cards (or details) and two season tickets (for a second pair of people). He/ she could legitimately walk away with four tickets (or even eight) which would be the allowance for the four persons involved. This may have included two for an exiled fan unable to come down to queue, an elderly fan likewise indisposed, someone at work. One person queues up on behalf of four. Surely that's an efficient way of getting tickets?
I don't think it would be be detected if a season ticket holding trust member living locally bought their season ticket +1 allocation online and then queued at the ticket office as a trust member to get a third ticket.