Re: 11,869 people ahead of me in online queue.

excessbee wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:15 am So if away shirts are trying their luck on general sale, the sheer numbers will shut out genuine fans from getting a ticket.
See my post on 'real fans' - its a nebulous and meaningless term - good luck to anyone who gets a ticket I say, they will enjoy it and bring money into the coffers, if a few Man Utd fans get 'home' tickets well who cares? - we have no 'beef' with them and there won't be trouble if people are sensible (the Leeds game saw a LOT of Wales based Leeds ans get 'home' tickets - there was no bother whatsoever).

Anyone who misses out can watch on TV and buy a far cheaper ticket to the Swindon game instead.

excessbee wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:15 am So if away shirts are trying their luck on general sale, the sheer numbers will shut out genuine fans from getting a ticket.
You are correct, I've been watching The County for 55 years and I don't have a ticket for the Utd match. The potential for trouble with away shirts in with the home fans is pretty high !! Not the smartest move from our ticket office.

Amberexile wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:29 am Ticketmaster need to learn how to defeat web bots. They will have sucked up most of the tickets before any real person had a chance to join the queue.
When I purchased my season ticket plus 1, the system thought I was a bot, simply because I had signed on on my laptop, rather than my phone.

Ticket master do have a system that allows a ticket to be sent to only one recipient. The ticket has a bar code with a blue line that scans back and forth, so no printed option, and no option to re sell.

It is obviously their premium product and would be priced as such, and only viable for large venues who constantly have problems with ticket sales.

reg county wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 11:38 am
You are correct, I've been watching The County for 55 years and I don't have a ticket for the Utd match. The potential for trouble with away shirts in with the home fans is pretty high !! Not the smartest move from our ticket office.
Not digging you out personally but an awful lot of people seem to have been piping up with he old 'been watching county for years mate' line...if it were true in every case we'd have had 6,000 every game this season!

I really don't think there will be any bother - yes there will be the odd over excited nick head and drink may have been taken but in general it will be a lot of half and halfers and families and people who have 'been supporting County for years mate - which ones are we again the ones in the red or the yellow?'.

If you can't get at ticket to the Utd game come along v Swindon far more chance of us winning and it'll be a good atmosphere.

CathedralCounty wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 1:44 pm
Not digging you out personally but an awful lot of people seem to have been piping up with he old 'been watching county for years mate' line...if it were true in every case we'd have had 6,000 every game this season!

I really don't think there will be any bother - yes there will be the odd over excited nick head and drink may have been taken but in general it will be a lot of half and halfers and families and people who have 'been supporting County for years mate - which ones are we again the ones in the red or the yellow?'.

If you can't get at ticket to the Utd game come along v Swindon far more chance of us winning and it'll be a good atmosphere.
That's why I always buy a season ticket have for god knows how many years never had many perks up until recently

Over the years I've had seasons I've used it more than others think I missed one home game last season other years I've missed 6 or 7 depending on my rota and my annual leave

I don't smoke, hardly drink anymore stopped sky sports to pay for it

It helps the club I feel good about paying up front to help my club and I've got to see spurs man City Leeds Leicester and now United

It's a gamble you take being a ST holder other years you don't really benefit except helping your club

Plenty of Leeds fans in the Hazel when we played them and no trouble

Yes I don’t buy into these sob stories when so called fans can’t get a ticket for a big game.
Most genuine fans are ST holders and turn out for most of the games.
It’s the same in other sports as well, no doubt in a few weeks time we’ll have the Wales rugby fans saying they can’t get a ticket, again most of those without a ticket don’t watch their local side.
But I do agree with the distain shown against the greedy touts.