The default position remains the same. Newport County lie.

Today waiting at a railway station and with nothing to do before my trail arrives at 11-00 I went on line to read anything on the upcoming Cup tie.

All media outlets, Sky, BBC, MailonLine, SWA carry but one story. Ticket office closed and sales online only due to appalling abuse.

Now we know that's bollox. As Taunton Iron Cider has pointed out, if it were true the ticket office would have been closed on Friday. Now whilst I fully accept that one or two supporters may have let frustration get the better of them, and I don't seek to excuse that, neither should Newport County AFC be excused for their shameless behaviour in seeking to deflect from their failured by maligning all County supporters.

Kevin Ward used to boast he could get the South Wales Argus to print anything he wanted long after he left the editorship. Whilst I doubt the National Press will have any interest in what is a minor local spat one would hope that the Argus would dig deeper.

However local journalism isn't what it used to be so don't hold your breath.

Re: The default position remains the same. Newport County lie.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 10:56 am Today waiting at a railway station and with nothing to do before my trail arrives at 11-00 I went on line to read anything on the upcoming Cup tie.

All media outlets, Sky, BBC, MailonLine, SWA carry but one story. Ticket office closed and sales online only due to appalling abuse.

Now we know that's bollox. As Taunton Iron Cider has pointed out, if it were true the ticket office would have been closed on Friday. Now whilst I fully accept that one or two supporters may have let frustration get the better of them, and I don't seek to excuse that, neither should Newport County AFC be excused for their shameless behaviour in seeking to deflect from their failured by maligning all County supporters.

Kevin Ward used to boast he could get the South Wales Argus to print anything he wanted long after he left the editorship. Whilst I doubt the National Press will have any interest in what is a minor local spat one would hope that the Argus would dig deeper.

Of course it is FACT that the ticket office HAD to open Friday and Saturday evening to cater for those who had allocated tickets, and sensibly avoided Thursday, obviously alludes those whose only interest is in attacking the club................

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 11:26 am
Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 10:56 am Today waiting at a railway station and with nothing to do before my trail arrives at 11-00 I went on line to read anything on the upcoming Cup tie.

Of course it is FACT that the ticket office HAD to open Friday and Saturday evening to cater for those who had allocated tickets, and sensibly avoided Thursday, obviously alludes those whose only interest is in attacking the club................
If you are correct then presumably the club didn't care about the wellbeing of the staff and were putting profit before safety.

You really are so stupid aren't you?

But the club used extreme language. They didn't just say offensive behaviour, they were appalled. Like there had been murder done. In all my years as a County supporter I had not read the like of it before. The real reason for closing on Monday was that they had been taken by surprise by the number of tickets sold on Thursday and Friday. The promise that there would be a lot of tickets left was not the case.The club is not to blame for that , but instead of admitting it they vilified their own supporters by blaming appalling behaviour 2 days after the alleged event.

Perhaps I'm being over_sensitive but it has left a sour taste in my mouth.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 11:40 am

If you are correct then presumably the club didn't care about the wellbeing of the staff and were putting profit before safety.

The club can't offer something contractually, and then withdraw the method of obtaining it in a reasonable manner. By Saturday night they had obviously forfilled their obligations. But that of course doesn't suit the narrative.

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 11:50 am

The club can't offer something contractually, and then withdraw the method of obtaining it in a reasonable manner. By Saturday night they had obviously forfilled their obligations. But that of course doesn't suit the narrative.
They offered Trust members phone sales then didn't have people to answer the phones meaning exiled trust members had no method to purchase tickets at all. If they had closed the box office for Friday they could have handled non-internet sales over the phone instead. They could even have had multiple menu options for Trust Sales, Simple Season Ticket Sales and Season Ticket +1 sales. It probably would have speeded up the average transaction.

Amberexile wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 12:02 pm

They offered Trust members phone sales then didn't have people to answer the phones meaning exiled trust members had no method to purchase tickets at all. If they had closed the box office for Friday they could have handled non-internet sales over the phone instead. They could even have had multiple menu options for Trust Sales, Simple Season Ticket Sales and Season Ticket +1 sales. It probably would have speeded up the average transaction.
Afternoon Paul

That's not quite correct they did have people manning the phones I've spoken to a few people who were luck enough to get tickets via the phone

Also I did see Donna answering phone when I was queuing

Amberexile wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 12:02 pm

I have said numerous times that they should have done phone sales only, so why didn't they? Would there have been verification problems leading to tickets getting into the wrong hands? I have no idea, but I guess they take on board information provided by others faced with similar situations and how best to avoid them.

It did state that there would be very lengthy waiting times for phone sales initially, so they were expecting trained staff to be stretched into what they could reasonably provide. I guess they would have liked to have dealt with multiple ticket sales first, while there was availability, but not everything that could be done, can be achieved. If something is simplified as much as possible, as with the Wrexham tickets, it works out easier for everyone.

Exiled supporters ( I dont live locally ) are always going to have more problems, which is why it would be better to consider why we incintivise trust membership?

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 12:03 pm Once again the gruesome twosome, defending the indefensible.

If a'appalling' abuse had taken place on Thursday and had staff been genuinely threatened then the ticket office should have been closed on Friday. No ifs, no buts.
The whole town is buzzing, the focus is on the game, even the Facebook group has calmed down and looking forward to the next big day in our FA Cup history.

But this Einstein character keeps digging the club out, even Kevin Ward gets a mention this time.

The mood has moved on, so I'll say again - learn to read the room.

They claimed their would be plenty of tickets left for general sale, and then couldn't deliver on it.

You're an absolute d1ck.

rncfc wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 12:59 pm

They claimed their would be plenty of tickets left for general sale, and then couldn't deliver on it.

You're an absolute d1ck.
The online system to purchase tickets can handle 10's of thousands at one time. The fact that thousands thousands hadn't signed up to it as detailed in the step by step instructions titled 'MU tickets how to purchase', and then complained that they couldn't get tickets, is a problem for them.
The argus had an article detailing that it took three quarters of an hour to sell out, with 12000 on the site.

Once your ticket is in the basket you have a maximum of 5 minutes to purchase including verification with your bank. It can be tight, even if you are doing it in a normal non pressing situation like I did for my Eastleigh tickets and others.

You do the maths, how many sales could have been made to 12000 people every 5 minutes? The fact that it wasn't sold out in 5 minutes, had precisely nothing to do with the amount of tickets left, however convinced you are.

Incidently, how many of the queue on Thursday stayed queing unrealistically, in the belief that the club would be lying about the sales closing at 7pm? Were the ridiculous accusations made when Kevin Ward showed how to queue easily, a factor used to justify staying unrealistically?

whoareya wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 12:29 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 12:03 pm Once again the gruesome twosome, defending the indefensible.

If a'appalling' abuse had taken place on Thursday and had staff been genuinely threatened then the ticket office should have been closed on Friday. No ifs, no buts.
The whole town is buzzing, the focus is on the game, even the Facebook group has calmed down and looking forward to the next big day in our FA Cup history.

But this Einstein character keeps digging the club out, even Kevin Ward gets a mention this time.

The mood has moved on, so I'll say again - learn to read the room.
Such a shame that when the whole town is buzzing that the club choose to malign supporters by lying. The gruesome twosome seem to believe that if they either shout FACT as per bangit or kiss @rse such as Whoareya that everybody will bow down to their agenda.

My experience is that brown-nosers tend attract only derision.

And of course the decisions taken on how to organise ticket sales, would have been by consulting with expert advice from the likes of Man Utd, Manchester Police, Gwent Police the FA etc etc.

Strange that the opinion of someone who doesn't attend Rodney Parade has been overlooked.

But then again he does have a very high opinion of his expertise in all matters, something not shared by those who are actually responsible for making decisions.