wattsville_boy wrote: January 25th, 2024, 1:38 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: January 25th, 2024, 12:21 pm
rncfc wrote: January 25th, 2024, 11:29 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: January 25th, 2024, 11:16 am
rncfc wrote: January 25th, 2024, 9:29 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: January 25th, 2024, 9:13 am
Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 25th, 2024, 12:45 am
Stow Hill Sid wrote: January 24th, 2024, 10:40 pm
excessbee wrote: January 24th, 2024, 10:06 pm Firstly, the choice of language (translating your asterisks) is unseemly. Secondly, we were probably on a slippery slope towards the National League, not this season but within maybe two years. With a lack of funding from the owners, that's us the supporters, we were in a perilous position. To fire off at Huw Jenkins because of his Swansea background is very blinkered.
Okay. The first of your points is well made. I shouldn't swear. I apologise for that.

The points about how we were managed, we'll just have to agree to disagree about them. I think that there was more than enough money coming into the County to keep us up, and keep us supporter owned (we are,after all, playing Man Utd on Sunday). I believe this good fortune will continue into future years too (call me an optimist if you like). I do appreciate that some of our supporters feel we can't do it on our own. That's fine.

The final point about Huw Jenkins, yes, again, you are correct. I should not have said it. I'm 53 (old school...we used to hate them and chase them back to the train station). Being friends with them...it will take a little time...but I will do it if you hold my hand.

I'll be at Rodney Parade on Sunday. Direct message me if you are coming and I'll buy you a pint.
A few points.

I'm not sure swearing on a football message board is unseemly. And if you're thinking of ever coming to Ireland you'll find swearing or cussing as it's called pretty much used every other word. I once saw two very smartly dressed women talking outside a shop, as I walked past I heard one of them say "Well f@ck me pink'.

And I personally regret that the club is no longer fan owned. However notwithstanding the game Sunday, my view is that the club were financially mismanaged and had no strategic plan. Over a six year period we had massive income from Cup runs and transfer fees. Rather than invest it in infrastrucure and build up a club, the money was wasted.

I don't think that by May last year we had any other choice. So for me this isn't a sad day. It was though a very sad six years.

One thing though I would add. It doesn't matter if you are the only one who holds a particular view. If that's what you think say it. If people want to disagree that's good. Reasoned argument is fun. One piece of unsolicited advice, please feel free to ignore. Don't make my mistake of arguing with people who merely say you are wrong, or who just insult you. You can only argue constructively with those who tell you why they believe you ate wrong. And remember your opinion is as valid as that of anyone else.

Enjoy Sunday.
You forgot the "and anyone who disagrees can go f*ck themselves" part of your debating skills............
I thought that was your strapline?

Mr "the club knows all, it matters not what your personal circumstances are".
It was the case that you managed to get your ticket, by revising your options with the vast majority of others.

If someone else in the cueue counted 50 people walking back past them with completed transactions every half an hour, then it was possible for everyone in the queue to work out their chances of success.

The fact that people chose to gamble on first opportunity tickets and lost, is their issue, not the clubs.

The club is not responsible for your personal circumstances or your personal choices, yet it's the same "Newport County has ruined my life" as Stan...........who doesn't actually go to Rodney Parade...........
And the club has a responsibility to its members and ST holders to give them fair chance of getting a ticket. It failed to do that without hundreds of people having to make special provisions. Between me and my Dad, we queued for nearly 50% of the allotted window. No warning was given this could be the case.

In fact, the way it was managed meant that people were far more likely to queue ridiculously early the following day (if they could).

You're a joke of a contributor to this forum, and I hope you get a bad case of the shits Saturday night.
The club managed to sell out the exact same number of tickets for Wrexham with far less problems. The club helped with the situation of people wanting multiple tickets adjacent, which is difficult with season ticket holders having priority over their allocated seat, by providing a 1000 extra that were unallocated. It is obvious that there were people in the queue who had different difficulties to your set of personal circumstances, but with such demand it won't be able to meet every requirement. I am also quite sure that that was the case for Wrexham tickets, simply because having sold out once there was demand to sell out again.

I personnally don't think there is a great need to allocate cup tickets to season ticket holders locations. I think that would free up a lot of the restrictions that the club faces. I also think that there could then be priority given to people who have purchased online tickets for previous matches at RP in the last year.

I also think that now the club and trust are separated again, that the club doesn't necessary have to simply just agree to trust allocations year upon year. However how can you have a grown up discussion at a Trust meeting when it's turkeys voting for Christmas.

There are lots of things that could have been done, but it doesn't mean that the experts would have recommended them to be prioritised over other options. Indeed some things may have tied up staff who were better off dealing other priorities.

Phone sales is a good example, clearly by warning people of a long wait initially, the advice was not to add to the existing cueue waiting in sub zero temperatures.
To compare selling tickets for Man Utd with selling tickets for Wrexham us ridiculous. One is possibly the best known football side in the world, the other is the best known side in North Wales. There obviously was going to be a larger demand for tickets for Man Utd. And County having hosted 'big' games before didn't follow their previous 'successful' selling formula. I'm glad I wasn't able to join the queues for the shambles that arose, being abroad for the duration of the sales period. There are lessons to be learned and changes made for future eventualities. And your deflection of blame into the punters queueing and away from the club paints you as a pr1ck of the highest order...
It is indeed a stupid comparison, not least because season ticket holders for Wrexham already had their tickets and didn't have to go online or queue to buy tickets for the game. You can't compare a league match to a cup tie.

Re: Huw officially takes over

Jonesy3 wrote: January 25th, 2024, 2:37 pm
wattsville_boy wrote: January 25th, 2024, 1:38 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: January 25th, 2024, 12:21 pm
rncfc wrote: January 25th, 2024, 11:29 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: January 25th, 2024, 11:16 am
rncfc wrote: January 25th, 2024, 9:29 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: January 25th, 2024, 9:13 am
Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 25th, 2024, 12:45 am
Stow Hill Sid wrote: January 24th, 2024, 10:40 pm
excessbee wrote: January 24th, 2024, 10:06 pm Firstly, the choice of language (translating your asterisks) is unseemly. Secondly, we were probably on a slippery slope towards the National League, not this season but within maybe two years. With a lack of funding from the owners, that's us the supporters, we were in a perilous position. To fire off at Huw Jenkins because of his Swansea background is very blinkered.
Okay. The first of your points is well made. I shouldn't swear. I apologise for that.

The points about how we were managed, we'll just have to agree to disagree about them. I think that there was more than enough money coming into the County to keep us up, and keep us supporter owned (we are,after all, playing Man Utd on Sunday). I believe this good fortune will continue into future years too (call me an optimist if you like). I do appreciate that some of our supporters feel we can't do it on our own. That's fine.

The final point about Huw Jenkins, yes, again, you are correct. I should not have said it. I'm 53 (old school...we used to hate them and chase them back to the train station). Being friends with them...it will take a little time...but I will do it if you hold my hand.

I'll be at Rodney Parade on Sunday. Direct message me if you are coming and I'll buy you a pint.
A few points.

I'm not sure swearing on a football message board is unseemly. And if you're thinking of ever coming to Ireland you'll find swearing or cussing as it's called pretty much used every other word. I once saw two very smartly dressed women talking outside a shop, as I walked past I heard one of them say "Well f@ck me pink'.

And I personally regret that the club is no longer fan owned. However notwithstanding the game Sunday, my view is that the club were financially mismanaged and had no strategic plan. Over a six year period we had massive income from Cup runs and transfer fees. Rather than invest it in infrastrucure and build up a club, the money was wasted.

I don't think that by May last year we had any other choice. So for me this isn't a sad day. It was though a very sad six years.

One thing though I would add. It doesn't matter if you are the only one who holds a particular view. If that's what you think say it. If people want to disagree that's good. Reasoned argument is fun. One piece of unsolicited advice, please feel free to ignore. Don't make my mistake of arguing with people who merely say you are wrong, or who just insult you. You can only argue constructively with those who tell you why they believe you ate wrong. And remember your opinion is as valid as that of anyone else.

Enjoy Sunday.
You forgot the "and anyone who disagrees can go f*ck themselves" part of your debating skills............
I thought that was your strapline?

Mr "the club knows all, it matters not what your personal circumstances are".
It was the case that you managed to get your ticket, by revising your options with the vast majority of others.

If someone else in the cueue counted 50 people walking back past them with completed transactions every half an hour, then it was possible for everyone in the queue to work out their chances of success.

The fact that people chose to gamble on first opportunity tickets and lost, is their issue, not the clubs.

The club is not responsible for your personal circumstances or your personal choices, yet it's the same "Newport County has ruined my life" as Stan...........who doesn't actually go to Rodney Parade...........
And the club has a responsibility to its members and ST holders to give them fair chance of getting a ticket. It failed to do that without hundreds of people having to make special provisions. Between me and my Dad, we queued for nearly 50% of the allotted window. No warning was given this could be the case.

In fact, the way it was managed meant that people were far more likely to queue ridiculously early the following day (if they could).

You're a joke of a contributor to this forum, and I hope you get a bad case of the shits Saturday night.
The club managed to sell out the exact same number of tickets for Wrexham with far less problems. The club helped with the situation of people wanting multiple tickets adjacent, which is difficult with season ticket holders having priority over their allocated seat, by providing a 1000 extra that were unallocated. It is obvious that there were people in the queue who had different difficulties to your set of personal circumstances, but with such demand it won't be able to meet every requirement. I am also quite sure that that was the case for Wrexham tickets, simply because having sold out once there was demand to sell out again.

I personnally don't think there is a great need to allocate cup tickets to season ticket holders locations. I think that would free up a lot of the restrictions that the club faces. I also think that there could then be priority given to people who have purchased online tickets for previous matches at RP in the last year.

I also think that now the club and trust are separated again, that the club doesn't necessary have to simply just agree to trust allocations year upon year. However how can you have a grown up discussion at a Trust meeting when it's turkeys voting for Christmas.

There are lots of things that could have been done, but it doesn't mean that the experts would have recommended them to be prioritised over other options. Indeed some things may have tied up staff who were better off dealing other priorities.

Phone sales is a good example, clearly by warning people of a long wait initially, the advice was not to add to the existing cueue waiting in sub zero temperatures.
To compare selling tickets for Man Utd with selling tickets for Wrexham us ridiculous. One is possibly the best known football side in the world, the other is the best known side in North Wales. There obviously was going to be a larger demand for tickets for Man Utd. And County having hosted 'big' games before didn't follow their previous 'successful' selling formula. I'm glad I wasn't able to join the queues for the shambles that arose, being abroad for the duration of the sales period. There are lessons to be learned and changes made for future eventualities. And your deflection of blame into the punters queueing and away from the club paints you as a pr1ck of the highest order...
It is indeed a stupid comparison, not least because season ticket holders for Wrexham already had their tickets and didn't have to go online or queue to buy tickets for the game. You can't compare a league match to a cup tie.
Going online to obtain a season ticket plus 1 is different, particularly when the system allows for a adjoining seats elsewhere. The system allowed for 4000 plus tickets to be sold for MU quickly, and it did it flawlessly, as others have already confirmed.

Season ticket holders for the Wrexham game amount to 2000 plus, out of 9500 tickets available for sale.

The difference is the pressure of demand for adjoining seats for the Man Utd game, with less availability but with added complications of trust allocations, being far greater..................

That demand would have reduced if some had not simply joined the queue, because of the pressure they felt having made a promise to get tickets for others, particularly kids.