Re: The Future

rncfc wrote: January 29th, 2024, 7:26 pm So you keep claiming, but nobody believes you.
That's fine, but then it's you asking the questions and me answering.

You believe that a backwards looking police role for the trust is what should happen, I don't, because there is a difference between what you think it will achieve, and what will happen.

We are no longer a trust run club, the need for the trust is less. If all it is, is a poor method to get priority tickets adjacent to each other, along with trying to police an owner, why bother with it?

We (as the trust is us, collectively), are being treated as them. To simply re-brand the trust as a policeman for us, watching them, does what precisely to assist HJ move the club forward? How exactly does it help him pass the club back to the trust in future?

Amberexile wrote: January 29th, 2024, 10:17 am

That's right, I want to know what happened for certain in quantifiable terms. That doesn't seem to me to be unreasonable.

I'm not interested in your or anybody else's theories on what might have happened. Including the more outlandish nonsense spouted such as those of potential fraud.

Hard facts are needed - How did we lose that money? What did we spend the £1,2million on? What assets do we have to show for it? What steps have we taken to ensure it doesn't happen again?

You clearly can't help to definitively answer those questions. I don't blame you for that as the answers have remained hidden from all of us.
I agree with your belief that none of us know the truth. And frankly we should.

Where I disagree is your argument that potential fraud is outlandish nonsense. I think that the idea anyone may have been lining their own pockets is unlikely but if we don't know what has happened then surely it can't be ruled out.

However where I think there is a real possibility of fraud is in fraudulently reporting profits that did not exist. If directors of Newport County knew that the profits being posted were inaccurate then that is fraud. And as directors, would, or at least should, have had access to the club's bank account, it beggers belief that someone at Newport County was not aware that the club was in serious financial difficulties in January 2023 but suddenly became aware in May 2023.

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 29th, 2024, 7:46 pm
rncfc wrote: January 29th, 2024, 7:26 pm So you keep claiming, but nobody believes you.

You believe that a backwards looking police role for the trust is what should happen, I don't, because there is a difference between what you think it will achieve, and what will happen.

We are no longer a trust run club, the need for the trust is less. If all it is, is a poor method to get priority tickets adjacent to each other, along with trying to police an owner, why bother with it?

We (as the trust is us, collectively), are being treated as them. To simply re-brand the trust as a policeman for us, watching them, does what precisely to assist HJ move the club forward? How exactly does it help him pass the club back to the trust in future?
I'm just bored of every single message on here that could be viewed as being even slightly critical of the club is seized upon by you within half hour tops. Even someone like you would surely disagree with the club very occasionally, unless you had some sort of skin in the game.

You're boring.

The problem with your argument is that it doesn't take into account the Trust putting it's affairs in order and being able to step in again should the need arise.

In that instance then an understanding of how the Trust failed previously would be helpful. No need for recriminations, unless the law was broken in some way, just information that the new board could put in a file for future reference.

Personally unless the Trust membership is vastly increased then I would stay away from looking to go down that as even a possibility, but others will disagree.

wattsville_boy wrote: January 29th, 2024, 8:31 pm

The problem with your argument is that it doesn't take into account the Trust putting it's affairs in order and being able to step in again should the need arise.

In that instance then an understanding of how the Trust failed previously would be helpful. No need for recriminations, unless the law was broken in some way, just information that the new board could put in a file for future reference.

Personally unless the Trust membership is vastly increased then I would stay away from looking to go down that as even a possibility, but others will disagree.
What I am saying is it was happening elsewhere, so what logically can be done to collectively get a number of organisations to suddenly open up?

Take a look at the RP accounts and see if you can work out where the pitch renewal and electronic lighting costs are shown, and who contributed for instance.

We know for a fact that it was paid for, and we can physically see it, but in accounts terms, it doesn't exist.

County ranger wrote: January 30th, 2024, 4:47 pm Was there any explanation of any benefits in maintaining the Trust for me it has run its course. When it owned the club it was beset with apathy at elections and poor management what is the point of it now?
Guessing the soon to be undertaken survey will give a taste of the Trust memberships appetite for it's continuance or not and what direction it may take.
Meanwhile HJ has disclosed that discussions re. a new long term lease with the Dragons has already commenced.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: January 30th, 2024, 5:50 pm Meanwhile HJ has disclosed that discussions re. a new long term lease with the Dragons has already commenced.
It that news (looking for a ten year extension to the lease) is another positive since the takeover. Hopefully the discussions, which commenced prior to the takeover being completed, will be finished quickly and measures to reduce the cost of running RP implemented. Hope HJ can keep County in the local media to keep up interest in the club for the rest of the season...

countymadbel wrote: January 30th, 2024, 7:19 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: January 30th, 2024, 7:05 pm We've got to have a plan B in place

What would happen for example if HJ passed away god forbid

But things happen

We still need a backup
That's why we need Jon Pratt and Dan Donaghue to join him and get rid of the trust altogether!
As long as there is an appetite for the Trust by enough supporters there will continue to be one in one form or another, irrespective of whether or not any individual wishes to see it disbanded.

To me, members now see the trust as a watchdog making sure we never hear the word expunged again.
Or Members now see the trust as a means of getting priority tickets. However is that what it should be designed for?

Are there better ways of achieving those objectives?

The FA now have tighter financial control on clubs, by effectively forcing them to carefully use windfall cash or cash from 3rd parties. If a third party goes bust, that shouldn't impact on the club, or its day to day budget.

I get that Members think a trust run club shouldn't have been deferring payments in order to keep windfall cash, but that is a way of effectivly getting a loan, when we don't have owners who can........

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 31st, 2024, 6:40 am To me, members now see the trust as a watchdog making sure we never hear the word expunged again.
Or Members now see the trust as a means of getting priority tickets. However is that what it should be designed for?

The FA now have tighter financial control on clubs, by effectively forcing them to carefully use windfall cash or cash from 3rd parties. If a third party goes bust, that shouldn't impact on the club, or its day to day budget.

I get that Members think a trust run club shouldn't have been deferring payments in order to keep windfall cash, but that is a way of effectivly getting a loan, when we don't have owners who can........
Newport County as a business could have got a loan if it needed one. We were cash rich and debt was cheap. Just more inane attempted justification of what has gone on.

rncfc wrote: February 1st, 2024, 9:29 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: January 31st, 2024, 6:40 am To me, members now see the trust as a watchdog making sure we never hear the word expunged again.

Newport County as a business could have got a loan if it needed one. We were cash rich and debt was cheap. Just more inane attempted justification of what has gone on.
All clubs have cash and debt at the same time, as it is important not to use windfall cash on general spending. How you obtain a loan is unimportant.

As a Trust we couldn't provide a loan to the club as many parent companies can for other clubs.