Amberexile wrote: January 27th, 2024, 9:32 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: January 27th, 2024, 8:00 pm
Amberexile wrote: January 27th, 2024, 6:17 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: January 27th, 2024, 3:25 pm
wattsville_boy wrote: January 27th, 2024, 2:52 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: January 27th, 2024, 8:32 am
wattsville_boy wrote: January 26th, 2024, 11:26 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: January 26th, 2024, 9:37 am
lowandhard wrote: January 26th, 2024, 8:19 am Apathy to serve in football politics is no doubt present to some extent but I don’t believe that it is present as regards transparency.
It was obvious that the motion was carried, that wasn’t in doubt. The count was. I had a decent view and made it much more emphatic than that. A rough head count just isn’t good enough on such occasions, a paper ballot should have occurred for posterity as well as justice to be served. The blurring of the majority further muddies the waters.
Irrespective, I and quite a few others were frankly astonished that the minority who voted last night are content to be kept in the dark and therefore unable to make judgement on the performance of those who represent us.
I didn't go to the meeting, but your last sentence is key for me. "Unable to make judgement on those who represent us"
Why is the trust a political party in some peoples eyes? What does it actually achieve?

Is this attitude, of demanding the Power to vote people out of position, at the heart of the lack of appetite for standing?

As we can see from the posts above, there is a distinct lack of focusing on the future. Indeed should the trust have a future, if people are simply not interested in discussing having one, at the meeting specifically for that purpose?
There is an element of knowing of the mistakes that were made in the past so that they won't be repeated in the future.

I was angry at the way the club has been managed (and still am to some extent), but I do have sympathy for those on the board trying to spin several plates at the same time. I'm sure there's guilt at not doing as good a job as they would have liked and I honestly believe they were sincere in saying that they would be available for advice to the committee of the new Trust.

I suspect the reticence about transparency is that all the mistakes will be revealed in somewhat gory details. The truth is that any admission of mistakes probably wouldn't need to go outside the new Trust committee, just filed away for future reference in a folder titled 'How not to run a football club'. Members of the Trust possibly will just want to know number of members, whether it's up, down or in stasis, how much money is being generated and where it's going. But obviously we wait and see if that is what the members wish to know.

I think it'll be a positive thing. It's an opportunity for a reset and to build something hopefully of value. Something that could enthuse fans and increase Trust membership year on year. The difficulty will be finding the balance between cost and benefit...
What we don't know, but can surmise, is that a large part of the £1.2 million loss is linked to third parties and confidentially. That can be surmised, because the loss that the club should have made during covid, didn't show up at the time. Why that happened is anyone's guess, but the club was granted loans to cover losses at the time like all clubs.

The annual overspend has also proved necessary, and the trust membership were willing to meet the proposed overspend, before it was needed to be shown in the future budget.

Put those two major financial problems on the successfully dealt with list, and then compare what a trust run club has achieved, and the trust run club has managed above its financial weight. That's why I believe it should be in a position to take over the reins at the end of HJ custonianship. Therefore to me at least, the mindset of simply having an observation and reporting role at Club board level, doesn't cut the mustard. To me those directors should be professionals, and should add value to the HJ board.
I have no problems with the two "Trust" board members being of a professional standing, but then you can then get caught up in an argument about what constitutes a professional. The Police for example keep pushing the untruth about being "professionals" but do not have to register with a professional body on a regular basis, or prove development through proscribed levels of learning (either work-based or through further study) but could have analytical skills that could prove useful. Although someone with a background in business sounds good, I would be mindful that many business people seek to be part of a "club", hence why they join the Freemasons, or golf club for their own betterment - not necessarily for the betterment of others. I would be more in favour of someone I feel I could trust and that the two "Trust" board members have differing attributes to bring to the table...
When I mentioned professionals, I was referring to people that HJ wants on the board, but doesn't have the finance for. Those people ultimately may pay for themselves in what they add, but initially will require a salary.

Of course to go down that route it takes more than you and I to be in favour, and for the trust membership to want to abandon a voting process, and also the desire to look backwards rather than forwards. Do you see all that as likely?
Who are these people you say "that HJ wants on the board, but doesn't have the finance for"?
How would I know who HJ would like on his board?

However, if there is anyone that would actually know who would make a good director, it's surely HJ. Not me, not you, not any trust voters.

It could be that the club eats away at the disadvantage that it has financially, by having the right people, in the right place, provided by the fans, via the trust.

It takes all the guess work out of any appointment, which the current system of voting, can only provide.
Why keep a system that gives the club a disadvange?
As I thought, another of your fantasies, like your "theory" about the £1,2mollion loss.
Talking of losses, RP lost £800k a year for 4 years on the trot. Strange that the owners the WRU allowed the same overspend year upon year. You could call it 4 loans, if RP ever had any intentions of paying £3.2 million back at any point. I wonder what the RP accounts will show in April, now it is under new ownership?

That's the sort of creative accounting that can occur if you have an owner with a £100 million income.

We didn't have such an advantage, but we still had the problem of covid losses. You keep believing that County manged to made a small profit in the covid seasons................

Re: The Future

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 28th, 2024, 8:22 am
lowandhard wrote: January 26th, 2024, 8:19 am Apathy to serve in football politics is no doubt present to some extent but I don’t believe that it is present as regards transparency.
It was obvious that the motion was carried, that wasn’t in doubt. The count was. I had a decent view and made it much more emphatic than that. A rough head count just isn’t good enough on such occasions, a paper ballot should have occurred for posterity as well as justice to be served. The blurring of the majority further muddies the waters.
Irrespective, I and quite a few others were frankly astonished that the minority who voted last night are content to be kept in the dark and therefore unable to make judgement on the performance of those who represent us.
I didn't go to the meeting, but your last sentence is key for me. "Unable to make judgement on those who represent us"
Why is the trust a political party in some peoples eyes? What does it actually achieve?

Is this attitude, of demanding the Power to vote people out of position, at the heart of the lack of appetite for standing?

As we can see from the posts above, there is a distinct lack of focusing on the future. Indeed should the trust have a future, if people are simply not interested in discussing having one, at the meeting specifically for that purpose?
There is an element of knowing of the mistakes that were made in the past so that they won't be repeated in the future.

I was angry at the way the club has been managed (and still am to some extent), but I do have sympathy for those on the board trying to spin several plates at the same time. I'm sure there's guilt at not doing as good a job as they would have liked and I honestly believe they were sincere in saying that they would be available for advice to the committee of the new Trust.

I suspect the reticence about transparency is that all the mistakes will be revealed in somewhat gory details. The truth is that any admission of mistakes probably wouldn't need to go outside the new Trust committee, just filed away for future reference in a folder titled 'How not to run a football club'. Members of the Trust possibly will just want to know number of members, whether it's up, down or in stasis, how much money is being generated and where it's going. But obviously we wait and see if that is what the members wish to know.

I think it'll be a positive thing. It's an opportunity for a reset and to build something hopefully of value. Something that could enthuse fans and increase Trust membership year on year. The difficulty will be finding the balance between cost and benefit...
What we don't know, but can surmise, is that a large part of the £1.2 million loss is linked to third parties and confidentially. That can be surmised, because the loss that the club should have made during covid, didn't show up at the time. Why that happened is anyone's guess, but the club was granted loans to cover losses at the time like all clubs.

The annual overspend has also proved necessary, and the trust membership were willing to meet the proposed overspend, before it was needed to be shown in the future budget.

Put those two major financial problems on the successfully dealt with list, and then compare what a trust run club has achieved, and the trust run club has managed above its financial weight. That's why I believe it should be in a position to take over the reins at the end of HJ custonianship. Therefore to me at least, the mindset of simply having an observation and reporting role at Club board level, doesn't cut the mustard. To me those directors should be professionals, and should add value to the HJ board.
I have no problems with the two "Trust" board members being of a professional standing, but then you can then get caught up in an argument about what constitutes a professional. The Police for example keep pushing the untruth about being "professionals" but do not have to register with a professional body on a regular basis, or prove development through proscribed levels of learning (either work-based or through further study) but could have analytical skills that could prove useful. Although someone with a background in business sounds good, I would be mindful that many business people seek to be part of a "club", hence why they join the Freemasons, or golf club for their own betterment - not necessarily for the betterment of others. I would be more in favour of someone I feel I could trust and that the two "Trust" board members have differing attributes to bring to the table...
When I mentioned professionals, I was referring to people that HJ wants on the board, but doesn't have the finance for. Those people ultimately may pay for themselves in what they add, but initially will require a salary.

Of course to go down that route it takes more than you and I to be in favour, and for the trust membership to want to abandon a voting process, and also the desire to look backwards rather than forwards. Do you see all that as likely?
Who are these people you say "that HJ wants on the board, but doesn't have the finance for"?

However, if there is anyone that would actually know who would make a good director, it's surely HJ. Not me, not you, not any trust voters.

It could be that the club eats away at the disadvantage that it has financially, by having the right people, in the right place, provided by the fans, via the trust.

It takes all the guess work out of any appointment, which the current system of voting, can only provide.
As I thought, another of your fantasies, like your "theory" about the £1,2mollion loss.
Talking of losses, RP lost £800k a year for 4 years on the trot. Strange that the owners the WRU allowed the same overspend year upon year. You could call it 4 loans, if RP ever had any intentions of paying £3.2 million back at any point. I wonder what the RP accounts will show in April, now it is under new ownership?

That's the sort of creative accounting that can occur if you have an owner with a £100 million income.

We didn't have such an advantage, but we still had the problem of covid losses. You keep believing that County manged to made a small profit in the covid seasons................
Who cares about losses at RP? How did we lose £1.2million in 21/22 is the question and RP losses are an irrelevant smokescreen. Covid losses is not the answer, during the season that was curtailed due to covid 2019-2020 our accounts show a profit of £307,875. The following season when some matches were played behind closed doors we still made an albeit smaller profit of £25,988. The season we lost £1,231,493 crowds were back at football matches and we played a full season.

So Covid losses is not the answer.

This is why we need a formal explanation to end this and other less pleasant ****-eyed theories being spread around.

Why would anybody want the reason we made such a life threatening loss to be kept a secret?

Amberexile wrote: January 28th, 2024, 8:50 am

Who cares about losses at RP? How did we lose £1.2million in 21/22 is the question and RP losses are an irrelevant smokescreen. Covid losses is not the answer, during the season that was curtailed due to covid 2019-2020 our accounts show a profit of £307,875. The following season when some matches were played behind closed doors we still made an albeit smaller profit of £25,988. The season we lost £1,231,493 crowds were back at football matches and we played a full season.

This is why we need a formal explanation to end this and other less pleasant ****-eyed theories being spread around.

Why would anybody want the reason we made such a life threatening loss to be kept a secret?
As I said you keep believing that we made a small profit during the covid seasons.....................

The club has financial disadvanges, but what is paramount to some is how they got over those disadvanges NOT that they did.

So the answer for them is seeking openness from the a trust that will be excluded from any discussions about how to gain an advantage.

I get that for some it's the holy grail, and the reason they back the trust. But in business its not, and ultimately you will be disappointed not to find it.

For me, I find it disappointing that so many in the trust hold it higher in the priority list, than the club fighting against disadvange.

Same as continuing to vote inexperienced, non professionals onto the club board, because we absolutely have to have a policeman reporting back.

It's so, so, sad how backwards looking the trust membership generally is.........

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 28th, 2024, 9:08 am

As I said you keep believing that we made a small profit during the covid seasons.....................

The club has financial disadvanges, but what is paramount to some is how they got over those disadvanges NOT that they did.

So the answer for them is seeking openness from the a trust that will be excluded from any discussions about how to gain an advantage.

I get that for some it's the holy grail, and the reason they back the trust. But in business its not, and ultimately you will be disappointed not to find it.

For me, I find it disappointing that so many in the trust hold it higher in the priority list, than the club fighting against disadvange.

Same as continuing to vote inexperienced, non professionals onto the club board, because we absolutely have to have a policeman reporting back.

It's so, so, sad how backwards looking the trust membership generally is.........
It isn't that I believe we made profits in 2020 and 2021 it is that it is stated as a fact in the audited and published accounts. As is the loss in 2022 with no explanation.

Thses are facts unless you believe the accounts are incorrect?

Amberexile wrote: January 28th, 2024, 9:48 am

It isn't that I believe we made profits in 2020 and 2021 it is that it is stated as a fact in the audited and published accounts. As is the loss in 2022 with no explanation.

You are hard work aren't you.

You don't seem to get that RP was on both sides of the credit and loss in the accounts. It is also impossible for you to believe that RP didn't go to the WRU and say we can't pay as we don’t have income, and nor can our tenants.

Payments were deferred, and also things such as wages, bonuses, monies due to pay for pitch renewal etc etc.

Look at the Carlisle accounts if you want to see what clubs did during covid, they had the problem of a major backer going bust, and the receiver looking at recovering millions from a football club loan.

We know for a fact that our accounts were wrong, because we were told they were wrong, and that future years were changed to suit.

Why do you still believe in the covid years accounts fantasy profits?

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 28th, 2024, 10:18 am

You don't seem to get that RP was on both sides of the credit and loss in the accounts. It is also impossible for you to believe that RP didn't go to the WRU and say we can't pay as we don’t have income, and nor can our tenants.

Payments were deferred, and also things such as wages, bonuses, monies due to pay for pitch renewal etc etc.

Look at the Carlisle accounts if you want to see what clubs did during covid, they had the problem of a major backer going bust, and the receiver looking at recovering millions from a football club loan.

We know for a fact that our accounts were wrong, because we were told they were wrong, and that future years were changed to suit.

Hard facts that you don't like are always hard work until you accept them and

The accounts do not support your illogical assumptions, nor does standard accountancy practice.

Since you like to live in a fantasy world, try this what if... what if the acoustic to June 2023 which we have not yet seen show another 7 figure loss?

Amberexile wrote: January 28th, 2024, 11:03 am

The accounts do not support your illogical assumptions, nor does standard accountancy practice.

Since you like to live in a fantasy world, try this what if... what if the acoustic to June 2023 which we have not yet seen show another 7 figure loss?
Of course the several accountants including the football forensic accountant for the FA, back up your view that what you are looking at, bears any resemblance to fact or indeed standard accountancy practice did they?

The Carlisle accounts confirm that what clubs were doing was taking advantage of deferring payments and low interest loans. It was to make sure that the cash account (from in their case, player sales) stayed as cash, available to be used for all things that our windfall cash was used for.

Why did HJ confirm that the club had cash flow problems, if he was expecting to pay 7 figures, season after season?

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 28th, 2024, 11:58 am

Of course the several accountants including the football forensic accountant for the FA, back up your view that what you are looking at, bears any resemblance to fact or indeed standard accountancy practice did they?

The Carlisle accounts confirm that what clubs were doing was taking advantage of deferring payments and low interest loans. It was to make sure that the cash account (from in their case, player sales) stayed as cash, available to be used for all things that our windfall cash was used for.

Why did HJ confirm that the club had cash flow problems, if he was expecting to pay 7 figures, season after season?
Yes the accountants did back up the facts published in the accounts.
That is why they remained unchanged and still show an audited loss of £1.2 million.

So the question that you cannot answer remains. What causef that loss to occur?

Amberexile wrote: January 28th, 2024, 12:13 pm

That is why they remained unchanged and still show an audited loss of £1.2 million.

I would have thought that was obvious lol,

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 28th, 2024, 8:45 pm

Go on then answer. How did we lose that money? What did we spend the £1,2million on? What assets do we have to show for it? What steps have we taken to ensure it doesn't happen again?

Amberexile wrote: January 28th, 2024, 9:44 pm

Go on then answer. How did we lose that money? What did we spend the £1,2million on? What assets do we have to show for it? What steps have we taken to ensure it doesn't happen again?

+1

Covid was a massive problem, but for business it was an opportunity to get low interest loans with few questions asked. That's what we were competing with, and clubs with owners who could take advantage did. Our owner was the trust membership, how do you join the party without a company?
So others are spending large amounts and offering our better players contacts. So what happens to our negotiating position in that situation? So we end up with overspends just to stand still. But it is all deferred, payments to RP deferred, bonus payments deferred.
So when the spending occurs and payback happens are two different times. That's what I think happened to us, but to others the loans were written off.

HJ still has the problem of other clubs using owners money in large quantities. The trust showed it could put out a team that could prosper, and this seasons budget has, as our league standing and Cup run has shown. That keeps crowds higher, consolidates the fan base, and this year pays off the overspend.

The challenge for HJ is to match the trust achievements, while reducing the costs by finding new opportunities. The new shop in Friars Walk is higher profile, and no doubt higher cost but as that is shared with the Dragon's, it is a small example of what he is looking to build upon.

We don't have the finances of the likes of Bradford or FGR or Salford, but we are above those teams, and looking to finish top half with a trust budget.

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 29th, 2024, 8:36 am

Covid was a massive problem, but for business it was an opportunity to get low interest loans with few questions asked. That's what we were competing with, and clubs with owners who could take advantage did. Our owner was the trust membership, how do you join the party without a company?
So others are spending large amounts and offering our better players contacts. So what happens to our negotiating position in that situation? So we end up with overspends just to stand still. But it is all deferred, payments to RP deferred, bonus payments deferred.
So when the spending occurs and payback happens are two different times. That's what I think happened to us, but to others the loans were written off.

HJ still has the problem of other clubs using owners money in large quantities. The trust showed it could put out a team that could prosper, and this seasons budget has, as our league standing and Cup run has shown. That keeps crowds higher, consolidates the fan base, and this year pays off the overspend.

The challenge for HJ is to match the trust achievements, while reducing the costs by finding new opportunities. The new shop in Friars Walk is higher profile, and no doubt higher cost but as that is shared with the Dragon's, it is a small example of what he is looking to build upon.

We don't have the finances of the likes of Bradford or FGR or Salford, but we are above those teams, and looking to finish top half with a trust budget.
A lot of words to say that you don't know, you can't give any definitive answers.

I want to know, it would seem others want to know also,

And that is the point, none of us know because those who do know won't tell us - How did we lose that money? What did we spend the £1,2million on? What assets do we have to show for it? What steps have we taken to ensure it doesn't happen again?

Can you definitively answer all of those questions? A simple yes or no response will do.

Amberexile wrote: January 29th, 2024, 8:48 am

A lot of words to say that you don't know, you can't give any definitive answers.

And that is the point, none of us know because those who do know won't tell us - How did we lose that money? What did we spend the £1,2million on? What assets do we have to show for it? What steps have we taken to ensure it doesn't happen again?

Can you definitively answer all of those questions? A simple yes or no response will do.
I have answered in detail what I think, but you are deaf to anything other than it has to be a physical quantity.

IMO they have spent it on maintaining and building the club, it is slow process, due to financial disadvantage, but we all hope the process will continue and progress under HJ.

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 29th, 2024, 9:14 am
Amberexile wrote: January 29th, 2024, 8:48 am

I have answered in detail what I think, but you are deaf to anything other than it has to be a physical quantity.

IMO they have spent it on maintaining and building the club, it is slow process, due to financial disadvantage, but we all hope the process will continue and progress under HJ.
Yes, you have answered in great detail, haven't you? Spoken with such confidence, it's almost like you know something we don't.