Re: Klopp for County?

I thought (and voiced the opinion on X) perhaps Klopp may be interested in taking on a National side post-Liverpool. Someone suggested Germany but I suspect the thrill of success could be tempered but the vilification from your fellow country persons if you fail badly. And Germany may have a few years to go before they can return to former glories.

I can think of another country that may be interested in a new Manager if upcoming results don't go to plan...

wattsville_boy wrote: January 27th, 2024, 3:03 pm I thought (and voiced the opinion on X) perhaps Klopp may be interested in taking on a National side post-Liverpool. Someone suggested Germany but I suspect the thrill of success could be tempered but the vilification from your fellow country persons if you fail badly. And Germany may have a few years to go before they can return to former glories.

I can think of another country that may be interested in a new Manager if upcoming results don't go to plan...
Sportsman's bet but I think that he will take the Germany job.

Always struck me as a thoroughly decent man. Talking to a Liverpool fan this morning we agreed his leaving came as a shock but not a surprise.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 27th, 2024, 3:11 pm
wattsville_boy wrote: January 27th, 2024, 3:03 pm I thought (and voiced the opinion on X) perhaps Klopp may be interested in taking on a National side post-Liverpool. Someone suggested Germany but I suspect the thrill of success could be tempered but the vilification from your fellow country persons if you fail badly. And Germany may have a few years to go before they can return to former glories.

Sportsman's bet but I think that he will take the Germany job.

Always struck me as a thoroughly decent man. Talking to a Liverpool fan this morning we agreed his leaving came as a shock but not a surprise.
A national job should be less stressful. I'm not convinced a German taking over the current German set up is going to be much less stressful, but it will be a challenge...