Re: Team Travel

Marky wrote: January 27th, 2024, 4:57 pm The Ineos Roadmap to achieveing net zero by 2050 is off to a good start.
I don't think Jim Radcliffe is interested in net zero. He's too heavily invested in petrochemicals and the such. He's happy to f*ck the planet while there's still money to be made from doing so. But having a veneer of concern about climate change is a good look to some...

wattsville_boy wrote: January 27th, 2024, 5:14 pm
Marky wrote: January 27th, 2024, 4:57 pm The Ineos Roadmap to achieveing net zero by 2050 is off to a good start.
I don't think Jim Radcliffe is interested in net zero. He's too heavily invested in petrochemicals and the such. He's happy to f*ck the planet while there's still money to be made from doing so. But having a veneer of concern about climate change is a good look to some...
Climate change, petrochemicals & the rest won’t f*ck the planet. They’ll f*ck the human race. The planet will carry on turning.

Anyone who wants to banish fossil fuels can start now I won’t stand in their way they must say goodbye to electricity, gas, running water (all technology to purify and get that to you is powered), no car (even electric cars need the electricity to be generated somehow usually by at least some fossil fuels), no consumer goods, nothing “manufactured”, very little food unless you grow it yourself organically…no doubt climate is changing but the unicorn chasing “net zero” zealots will see us all in proverbial caves.

CathedralCounty wrote: January 28th, 2024, 7:12 am Anyone who wants to banish fossil fuels can start now I won’t stand in their way they must say goodbye to electricity, gas, running water (all technology to purify and get that to you is powered), no car (even electric cars need the electricity to be generated somehow usually by at least some fossil fuels), no consumer goods, nothing “manufactured”, very little food unless you grow it yourself organically…no doubt climate is changing but the unicorn chasing “net zero” zealots will see us all in proverbial caves.
I think you have just described Mark Drakeford's vision for Wales