Possible Transfers Out

The next 3 days could well have a big impact on our season, the on field display by 3 particular players last night, will have not gone unnoticed by some clubs that may have been showing a interest in them already, we can only keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.
For now it's back to the league fixtures and consolidation of our league status.

Re: Possible Transfers Out

flat4 wrote: January 29th, 2024, 10:05 am The next 3 days could well have a big impact on our season, the on field display by 3 particular players last night, will have not gone unnoticed by some clubs that may have been showing a interest in them already, we can only keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.
For now it's back to the league fixtures and consolidation of our league status.
What will be will be.......

Personally I find it odd that fans believe in the club polishing rough diamonds for a living, but when it comes to club actually reaping a financial reward, then the club are showing no ambition.....

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 29th, 2024, 12:08 pm
flat4 wrote: January 29th, 2024, 10:05 am The next 3 days could well have a big impact on our season, the on field display by 3 particular players last night, will have not gone unnoticed by some clubs that may have been showing a interest in them already, we can only keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Personally I find it odd that fans believe in the club polishing rough diamonds for a living, but when it comes to club actually reaping a financial reward, then the club are showing no ambition.....
Or will the club under new ownership show the greater long term ambition of not circuming to a short term financial reward?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: January 29th, 2024, 12:16 pm

Or will the club under new ownership show the greater long term ambition of not circuming to a short term financial reward?
Who knows?

What I am saying is fans are either content with signing players who see the club as a stepping stone to better things, and thus a gamble for both parties, or their not.

As a club under the Trust the priority has clearly been cup income, but probably at the expense of bringing through players to sell, as i cant remember a single sale. HJ may have a different strategy, who knows?

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 29th, 2024, 12:35 pm

Who knows?

What I am saying is fans are either content with signing players who see the club as a stepping stone to better things, and thus a gamble for both parties, or their not.

As a club under the Trust the priority has clearly been cup income, but probably at the expense of bringing through players to sell, as i cant remember a single sale. HJ may have a different strategy, who knows?
Won't have too long to get a indication.

That is my hope. We should build a side capable of league one and when promoted build for the championship, thats a proffessionable way. Cut out loan players, you can't build a team on loan players, however of the current crop who would you try and keep, me Baker and Lewis, not sure about Payne. What happened to Bright, not on the bench when two injured players were. I would not like to see money being spent on further loanees and the likes of any of Bright, Rai, Wood, Waite being loaned out. LJ is a positive step young enough to work with and develop.

Every player at every club is potentially up for sale if the right price is offered by a bigger club . Why should we be different ?

Look at the forum discussions when Norman , Lewis and Demetriou left last summer....GC has IMO found adequate , if not better replacements in McLoughlin , Morris, Delaney.
Evans this time last year was talked about as a possible....'send him out on loan' as he was being used as a wingback /winger an many believed he needed to gain more experience at National League level. GC moved him up front, he has scored a lot of goals now some believe he is worth £1million+ . If he stays , scores next year as well , then maybe but not many clubs would gamble a huge fee on a player with only just over half a seasons experience as a striker in League 2...Its a hell of a step up to Championship level that some believe he's capable of...Is he ready yet ???? Cant fault his effort and work rate but has he the ability yet ????

ajs wrote: January 29th, 2024, 12:42 pm

That is my hope. We should build a side capable of league one and when promoted build for the championship, thats a proffessionable way. Cut out loan players, you can't build a team on loan players, however of the current crop who would you try and keep, me Baker and Lewis, not sure about Payne. What happened to Bright, not on the bench when two injured players were. I would not like to see money being spent on further loanees and the likes of any of Bright, Rai, Wood, Waite being loaned out. LJ is a positive step young enough to work with and develop.
Agree with your sentiment but most teams at our level have 3 , 4 , 5 loan players because of budget restraints...Our budget is among the lowest in the League so needs must...Lewis , Baker, Palmer Houlden , Ben White etc havent been bad players for the time we have had them for...

Yeh exactamundo, our brethren in the North were buying L1/2 players in the NL with the express plan of going up. Granted we won’t spunk £300k on a Palmer but the thought process is sound.

Chepstow'sFine wrote: January 29th, 2024, 1:00 pm

Yeh exactamundo, our brethren in the North were buying L1/2 players in the NL with the express plan of going up. Granted we won’t spunk £300k on a Palmer but the thought process is sound.

Helps when you have Multi Millionaires pumping millions into the club and 9000 attendances ...We live hand to mouth hoping for a lucrative cup draw

Chepstow'sFine wrote: January 29th, 2024, 1:00 pm

One of Wrexhams best players this season is their keeper......On loan from Arsenal

I think it would be short-sighted to sell the better players at this juncture. County have 18 games to go and are 7 points behind the last play-off position. They have reasonable league form at the moment and players will be on a high after a decent FA Cup performance. There was talk of another signing last week, possibly tomorrow.

It's got to be worth dreaming for a little longer of making a dash for the play-offs...

rncfc wrote: January 29th, 2024, 9:01 pm
neilcork68 wrote: January 29th, 2024, 8:56 pm A couple of hundred grand now or nowt if Evans walks away in the Summer.

Hard to take but it's business and that's what H J is here for....
Evans has another year on his contract.
We don't yet know if the option of the additional year from his initial 2 year contract has/will be triggered, or what the riders may be on that option.