Re: F.A Cup

Oh dear Wrexham look awful

Blackburn haven't read the script 😁

How many more times are BBC going to mention the 7000 fans behind the goal...We took more to Wembley when we played Tottenham. Wrexham to Blackburn is quite a short Journey during the week. London from Newport isn't

Reynolds and the other guy better get the cheque book out

neilcork68 wrote: January 29th, 2024, 8:53 pm Oh dear Wrexham look awful

Blackburn haven't read the script 😁

How many more times are BBC going to mention the 7000 fans behind the goal...We took more to Wembley when we played Tottenham. Wrexham to Blackburn is quite a short Journey during the week. London from Newport isn't

Reynolds and the other guy better get the cheque book out
Well I think with a couple of additions they’re strong enough to compete in L1. I thought Blackburn were very good tonight.
BBC Wales staff are throwing themselves out of windows as we speak.

Amberexile wrote: January 29th, 2024, 10:34 pm I only watched part of the game tonight but what I did see reinforced what I thought last weekend. You don't get much for £10 million theses days. I guess that's inflation for you?
I suppose compared to 85% of teams in league 2 that is just out of the park - they'll go up and I'm glad as we need a re balanced league 2 shorn of them and Stockport - Barrow bucking the moneybags trend and best of luck to them too of course, again no animus to Wrexham as a club and most of their fans just the narratives around them.

CathedralCounty wrote: January 30th, 2024, 9:42 am
Amberexile wrote: January 29th, 2024, 10:34 pm I only watched part of the game tonight but what I did see reinforced what I thought last weekend. You don't get much for £10 million theses days. I guess that's inflation for you?
I suppose compared to 85% of teams in league 2 that is just out of the park - they'll go up and I'm glad as we need a re balanced league 2 shorn of them and Stockport - Barrow bucking the moneybags trend and best of luck to them too of course, again no animus to Wrexham as a club and most of their fans just the narratives around them.
There is probably currently a Champioship side or a side recently relegated from the Champioship who can't compete and will drop out of the football league in the next 5 years, by when few will link cause and effect.

Not sure I would agree about Stockport and Barrow bucking the trend. Barrow have some very wealthy owners whose player budget is well in excess of £2 million. Stockport has a multi-million pound owner,with average attendances of nearly 10,000 hardly makes them a 'small' club.

CG mentioned before the start of the season that L2 was unusual this year, in so much as there are at least 15 teams with player budgets suitable for a higher level.

I didn't see that as a winge, just stating the reality that County simply can't compete for individual players with any of those teams.

Incidently, I don't think HJ changes that situation, so we need some to move out of the division, to be replaced by clubs with less access to money.

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 30th, 2024, 1:01 pm CG mentioned before the start of the season that L2 was unusual this year, in so much as there are at least 15 teams with player budgets suitable for a higher level.

I didn't see that as a winge, just stating the reality that County simply can't compete for individual players with any of those teams.

Incidently, I don't think HJ changes that situation, so we need some to move out of the division, to be replaced by clubs with less access to money.
Or, as has belatedly happened, admit that a £4m turnover company can't be run by volunteers and well-intentioned but inexperienced people, so we are able to get the most from what we have.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: January 30th, 2024, 12:07 pm
Not sure I would agree about Stockport and Barrow bucking the trend. Barrow have some very wealthy owners whose player budget is well in excess of £2 million. Stockport has a multi-million pound owner,with average attendances of nearly 10,000 hardly makes them a 'small' club.
You read [or I wrote?] it wrong I am lumping Stockport in with Wrexham (i.,e 'big' clubs) then the '-' hyphen to 'Barrow' (which I had categorized as a small 'poor' club) but in fairness to you wasn't aware that Barrow had wealthy owners so that is enlightening.