Re: Chairman's statement

The clear expression from Mr. Jenkins on behalf of the AFC that he wishes to pursue open communication with fans and is immediately doing so, seems to me a clear contrast with the attitude of the existing Trust Board Directors, who, as far as I could tell, all voted against the adoption of a Transparency Policy for the Trust.

Chris Davis wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 2:25 pm The clear expression from Mr. Jenkins on behalf of the AFC that he wishes to pursue open communication with fans and is immediately doing so, seems to me a clear contrast with the attitude of the existing Trust Board Directors, who, as far as I could tell, all voted against the adoption of a Transparency Policy for the Trust.
I quite agree. It just makes good sense. If you want people to part with their money, and there's nothing wrong with that, you offer something those people want, at a price they can afford, and you make the experience as pleasurable. Being ignored is never a pleasure.

Too late now but if only those who had charge of our club over the last six years had adhered to that policy.

Chris Davis wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 2:25 pm The clear expression from Mr. Jenkins on behalf of the AFC that he wishes to pursue open communication with fans and is immediately doing so, seems to me a clear contrast with the attitude of the existing Trust Board Directors, who, as far as I could tell, all voted against the adoption of a Transparency Policy for the Trust.
Absolutely agree. A classic example of a man with a vision and the belief in himself to achieve it; as compared with those with uncertain belief in what they are doing, and a need to obscure that insecurity.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 3:52 pm
Absolutely agree. A classic example of a man with a vision and the belief in himself to achieve it; as compared with those with uncertain belief in what they are doing, and a need to obscure that insecurity.
I note that he didn't express his views before or during the transfer window, which indeed was very wise.

If he had decided to sell a player during the window, how many would except that that was his experience making that decision, as compared to those who would say he was cashing in...........

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 9:36 pm
countymadbel wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 8:53 pm So far so good will see Huws intent with the first summer signing. UTC
Maybe? Much will depend on what size of player budget will be set for next season, Despite the obvious bonus of this seasons cup monies, still don't believe it will be up to the leagues average.
You may well be right but what I’m confident of is this, this man has got his priorities right!