Re: Rodney Parade

countymadbel wrote: February 7th, 2024, 8:04 am Been thinking why don't we with the Dragons get a sponsor for the stadium and rename it? Other clubs do it, extra revenue could be used to yearly costs of running the stadium. Thoughts???
Presumably Buttress and Jenkins would be having similar thoughts. Of course it will undoubtedly come down to getting an agreed price with a sponsor.

excessbee wrote: February 7th, 2024, 9:15 am If such a thing did happen, surely none of the money would come our way.
That was my initial thought too, but who is going to be giving any potential sponsor the most coverage? Not sure now you'd structure that sort of a deal, could the ground be called different things for rugby and football?

excessbee wrote: February 7th, 2024, 9:15 am If such a thing did happen, surely none of the money would come our way.
In real terms it would be peanuts anyway (might just cover floodlight bills) BUT would defray some costs which would/could/should reduce our 'fee' surely. I understand the new regime will be looking to negotiate far better terms for us anyway - after all Dragons need us as much if not more than we need them.

I wonder what funding is available within the women's game at the minute? With all the cash flying around from somewhere, there would surely be a way to tick a few boxes here:

1) Form a ladies team.
2) Direct any subsidies towards RP Ltd.
3) Use this to reduce our own rent.
4) Be seen to be doing the right things in the process.

excessbee wrote: February 7th, 2024, 9:57 am Wouldn't that increase our rental costs as we (if a ladies club existed) would use the ground more often. A ladies match (attendance) would be a loss making event.
Indeed a women's team anywhere below the top half of the WSL is a sure fire way to [lose money football in general is loss making as it is!

Perhaps we could try the Welsh government (worked for MTFC and almost worked for Wrexham) - a new 1,500 seater or half n half (Sutton type) stand on the site of the north terrace with education/community/small event space behind (largest of which could be used as a bar on match days) a realistic aim I feel.

AFAIK stadium naming rights tend to come about as part of a package.

I.E. we will arrange the finance for the new build, at low interest rates, the saving we will call the funding for the naming rights. It will also include hospitality packages etc for key games, as a reward for employees or to link employees with clients.

The big wig at Compeed is a director of the Dragon's.
The Compeed stand roof advertising was shown on tv, to how many millions around the world, tuning in to see Man Utd?

Whether people with an injury look at the available products and think, "I know the name Compeed from somewhere, so i will buy that" Or even the actual availability of Compeed products in all country's, was thought about, when Compeed was painted on the stand roof........

Advertising has to pay, has to see a reward. Mr Tom peanut bars were advertised at the Man Utd game. They didn't have advertising at Home Park Plymouth last night, when a most of the Advertising were the same national brands.

rncfc wrote: February 7th, 2024, 9:41 am I wonder what funding is available within the women's game at the minute? With all the cash flying around from somewhere, there would surely be a way to tick a few boxes here:

1) Form a ladies team.
I can tell you from Yeovil’s experience that running a semi professional woman’s team is an absolute money pit

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: February 7th, 2024, 11:48 am
rncfc wrote: February 7th, 2024, 9:41 am I wonder what funding is available within the women's game at the minute? With all the cash flying around from somewhere, there would surely be a way to tick a few boxes here:

1) Form a ladies team.
I can tell you from Yeovil’s experience that running a semi professional woman’s team is an absolute money pit
Careful you might be labelled a 'misogynist' - a few on here don't like wrong think - even when its true.

Bangitintrnet wrote: February 7th, 2024, 10:53 am AFAIK stadium naming rights tend to come about as part of a package.

I.E. we will arrange the finance for the new build, at low interest rates, the saving we will call the funding for the naming rights. It will also include hospitality packages etc for key games, as a reward for employees or to link employees with clients.

The Compeed stand roof advertising was shown on tv, to how many millions around the world, tuning in to see Man Utd?

Whether people with an injury look at the available products and think, "I know the name Compeed from somewhere, so i will buy that" Or even the actual availability of Compeed products in all country's, was thought about, when Compeed was painted on the stand roof........

Advertising has to pay, has to see a reward. Mr Tom peanut bars were advertised at the Man Utd game. They didn't have advertising at Home Park Plymouth last night, when a most of the Advertising were the same national brands.
What did Carlisle do?

rncfc wrote: February 7th, 2024, 12:35 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: February 7th, 2024, 10:53 am AFAIK stadium naming rights tend to come about as part of a package.

What did Carlisle do?
They survived the Edinburgh Woollen Mill going bust, and the liquidator wanting Carlisle's £2 million loan paid back. They bought the ground cheap after the flood, sold players, almost went down when County were in the playoff final. They only paid back the refinanced loan when Carlisle had new owners recently.

All the time they managed to keep over £1 million windfall money in their account, and got promoted..............

Key, was keeping windfall money at all costs, above keeping control of the club. But you didn't really want to know that did you?

1) Form a ladies team.
There's no chance a women's team could play at Rodney Parade. Newport RFC was exiled to Spytty to preserve the pitch.

Also, there is already a semi-pro women's team playing in Newport. Cardiff City Ladies, who play in the WPL Premier Division and are going to be renamed next season, now play their home matches at Spytty.