Re: Lost

JonD wrote: February 10th, 2024, 6:41 pm Neil, don't complain about Wrexham's exposure and simultaneously smirk when they lose a game. It makes you look a right Jessie.
It's noticeable how quiet BBC go when Hollywood lose.
We get a big game and they are all over us. Next game , it's back to normal. Newport who ?

Newport County fans pay their licence fees the same as Wrexham fans. As a supposedly ' impartial NATIONAL public service ' BBC should warrant us the same amount of coverage IMO...
Not jump on the bandwagon because they have Hollywood owners.

As a 'rival side' who are in the same Division and one of the teams I hope we will be competing with in the Play offs ( if we do manage to get there - a small chance granted ) . It's lovely to see them performing badly since we beat them.
Pre the Wrexham game , we weren't given a chance. Strange how after our victory hopefully things may change. We have gone from strength to strength. They are struggling.
Hopefully GC will prove money can't buy success.

Maybe Wrexham are struggling because Mullins is still in Delaney's pocket ? 😁

I do wonder if it would be in our best interests for Wrexham to go up in the top three this season?

I know that may sound strange but hear me out.

They will buy a place in League one either this season or next so them getting promoted in the next 18 months seems to be inevitable.

We have no chance of a top three finish this season so the best we can hope for is to scrape into the playoffs. I don't think I could take the media bias if that were to happen regardless of the prize on offer to beat them at Wembley again.

Next season we could have a chance of building on the current almost good enough squad to have a run at it. I would rather not start the season with one of the promotion places already bought and sold giving us less chance.
I am however struggling to convince even myself.

neilcork68 wrote: February 10th, 2024, 6:56 pm It's noticeable how quiet BBC go when Hollywood lose.
We get a big game and they are all over us. Next game , it's back to normal. Newport who ?

Newport County fans pay their licence fees the same as Wrexham fans. As a supposedly ' impartial NATIONAL public service ' BBC should warrant us the same amount of coverage IMO...
Not jump on the bandwagon because they have Hollywood owners.
Someone on the Wrexham forum was moaning that the Radio Wales commentator sounded gleeful when Bradford scored their winner at the end: "he squealed with the sort of glee you would expect if Newport or Cardiff had just clinched promotion". :salute:

Interesting to look at both teams record this year

Wrexham - played 29, Home - P 15, W 11, D 2, L 2; Away - P 14, W 4, D 5, L 5. So home points 35, Away points17
County - played 30, Home - P 15, W 7, D 6, L 2: Away - P 15, W 5, D1, L 9. Home points 27, Away points 16

So not such a disparity between both sides. It's only Wrexhams' home form that makes the away form look so bad. Further examination may show that they may have played lower placed teams home and higher placed teams away explaining the disparity. I cant be arsed to look that deep, but thought it worth pointing out that the away form is similar to that of a mid-table team, not of someone lower down...

wattsville_boy wrote: February 11th, 2024, 1:08 pm Interesting to look at both teams record this year

Wrexham - played 29, Home - P 15, W 11, D 2, L 2; Away - P 14, W 4, D 5, L 5. So home points 35, Away points17
County - played 30, Home - P 15, W 7, D 6, L 2: Away - P 15, W 5, D1, L 9. Home points 27, Away points 16

So not such a disparity between both sides. It's only Wrexhams' home form that makes the away form look so bad. Further examination may show that they may have played lower placed teams home and higher placed teams away explaining the disparity. I cant be arsed to look that deep, but thought it worth pointing out that the away form is similar to that of a mid-table team, not of someone lower down...
Wrexham's remaining home fixtures are :-

Notts County 10th
Accrington 13th
Harrogate 7th
Tranmere 18th
Mansfield 2nd
Crawley 15th
FGR 24th
Stockport 1st

It does include the top two clubs but otherwise is not especially difficult. Their away matches include FGR again and Sutton.