Re: Scot Bennett wants to stay / GC holding talks with players.

A bit of a no-brainer really. Yes he's lost what pace he had but his positional sense is really good so that counterbalances it. Think he has a couple more years in him, so a discussion is worthwhile. My one worry would be if County got into play-offs and prevailed whether he'd be more exposed at League One level.

I found the reporting of GC saying that he was making plans for next season and would be commencing talks with players interesting. This sort of news didn't seem to be allowed under the Trust leadership. I think it all helps with the perception of a club on the up...

wattsville_boy wrote: February 12th, 2024, 11:43 pm A bit of a no-brainer really. Yes he's lost what pace he had but his positional sense is really good so that counterbalances it. Think he has a couple more years in him, so a discussion is worthwhile. My one worry would be if County got into play-offs and prevailed whether he'd be more exposed at League One level.

I found the reporting of GC saying that he was making plans for next season and would be commencing talks with players interesting. This sort of news didn't seem to be allowed under the Trust leadership. I think it all helps with the perception of a club on the up...
Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, but I get the impression that GC wants decisions made as early as possible to avoid the position he had last pre-season whereby 3 players turned down offers in the close season. Norman, unlike the other 3, he accepted told him during the season that he would be looking to leave.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: February 13th, 2024, 9:17 am
wattsville_boy wrote: February 12th, 2024, 11:43 pm A bit of a no-brainer really. Yes he's lost what pace he had but his positional sense is really good so that counterbalances it. Think he has a couple more years in him, so a discussion is worthwhile. My one worry would be if County got into play-offs and prevailed whether he'd be more exposed at League One level.

Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, but I get the impression that GC wants decisions made as early as possible to avoid the position he had last pre-season whereby 3 players turned down offers in the close season. Norman, unlike the other 3, he accepted told him during the season that he would be looking to leave.
I would say that the interview comes from the lead into the MU game when SB was due to play his 350th game, and like MD had a number of contract extensions. With the club owned by the Trust there was always pressure to keep key players, which may have led to slightly overpaying. Players normally move to improve pay, not stay, and running down contracts is part of the process. The club in turn has the problem of not bringing talented players to the club as they are effectively blocked by those key players.

To me it is interesting that MD wanted to improve his contract by using other teams offers, but GC wanted Delaney and stuck to his plan. The target GC has set for his squad is to beat the 57 points that last years players achieved, and for this team to prove they are better. To do that requires a point a game till the end of the season...........

Bangitintrnet wrote: February 13th, 2024, 9:51 am

I would say that the interview comes from the lead into the MU game when SB was due to play his 350th game, and like MD had a number of contract extensions. With the club owned by the Trust there was always pressure to keep key players, which may have led to slightly overpaying. Players normally move to improve pay, not stay, and running down contracts is part of the process. The club in turn has the problem of not bringing talented players to the club as they are effectively blocked by those key players.

To me it is interesting that MD wanted to improve his contract by using other teams offers, but GC wanted Delaney and stuck to his plan. The target GC has set for his squad is to beat the 57 points that last years players achieved, and for this team to prove they are better. To do that requires a point a game till the end of the season...........
Yet more tales from the crypt, with your wealth of inside knowledge.

rncfc wrote: February 13th, 2024, 9:59 am

What you believe simply isn't true, but you believe it all the same. That blind faith in what you believe, just gets you into a pointless queue.

Bangitintrnet wrote: February 13th, 2024, 10:20 am

What you believe simply isn't true, but you believe it all the same. That blind faith in what you believe, just gets you into a pointless queue.
Stop talking in riddles you b£llend.

rncfc wrote: February 13th, 2024, 10:35 am

Well let's put it in way you can grasp.

You believe that there is something to be gained on an anonymous forum by aligning yourself with other known posters. Because I don't, your point of view is that, that in itself proves I am from, or represent the club view in some way.

My view of the Trust is it was held back by the members, wanting or needing justification in the form of accountability for money spent and wanting to vote.

In your particular case, in your words, you want to spend £10k of trust money every year, because your daughter is 7, and wants the chance to play for Newport County Ladies when she is what, 17?

Another non anonymous poster stated "he had other uses for trust money"

HJ is in a position to reduce spending, and look for mutual savings at RP. That was what he had in his promise statement.

In his price of football podcast, HJ stated that he was the only chairman of Premiership clubs, looking to make savings out of the income that they had. The rest were looking at ways to increase the income.

Members of the Trust simply have other ideas to HJ.

To me, if you look at trust benefits for say gold membership, *free* hospitality and 3 priority tickets, among other things. Do I think that is what HJ's commercial director wants the club to provide for £240, or would they prefer fans to have half season tickets or even just a few match tickets linked to a online account? Why provide incentives NOT to attend games if you want to build your fan base?

It's about thinking about growing the support base, not purely money, or individual circumstances............

Bangitintrnet wrote: February 13th, 2024, 11:25 am

You believe that there is something to be gained on an anonymous forum by aligning yourself with other known posters. Because I don't, your point of view is that, that in itself proves I am from, or represent the club view in some way.

My view of the Trust is it was held back by the members, wanting or needing justification in the form of accountability for money spent and wanting to vote.

In your particular case, in your words, you want to spend £10k of trust money every year, because your daughter is 7, and wants the chance to play for Newport County Ladies when she is what, 17?

HJ is in a position to reduce spending, and look for mutual savings at RP. That was what he had in his promise statement.

In his price of football podcast, HJ stated that he was the only chairman of Premiership clubs, looking to make savings out of the income that they had. The rest were looking at ways to increase the income.

To me, if you look at trust benefits for say gold membership, *free* hospitality and 3 priority tickets, among other things. Do I think that is what HJ's commercial director wants the club to provide for £240, or would they prefer fans to have half season tickets or even just a few match tickets linked to a online account? Why provide incentives NOT to attend games if you want to build your fan base?

It's about thinking about growing the support base, not purely money, or individual circumstances............
The simple answer to a businessman is the profit margin. It is difficult to beat the profit margin on donations, especially when many people making those donations will either be making the maximum purchase of match tickets or are not in a position to attend matches.

The conundrum for me is why offer further incentives to the people who already get a bulk buy discount and dilute your profit margin? Especially at times when you could borrow their expenditure level at a cheaper rate?

Amberexile wrote: February 13th, 2024, 11:37 am

The simple answer to a businessman is the profit margin. It is difficult to beat the profit margin on donations, especially when many people making those donations will either be making the maximum purchase of match tickets or are not in a position to attend matches.

The conundrum for me is why offer further incentives to the people who already get a bulk buy discount and dilute your profit margin? Especially at times when you could borrow their expenditure level at a cheaper rate?
If you're referring to season ticket holders, then I agree, don't offer too many incentives. However as a Trust owned club, could we borrow? and if we could, would trust members have simply voted out those that decided to?

Bangitintrnet wrote: February 13th, 2024, 11:58 am
Amberexile wrote: February 13th, 2024, 11:37 am

If you're referring to season ticket holders, then I agree, don't offer too many incentives. However as a Trust owned club, could we borrow? and if we could, would trust members have simply voted out those that decided to?
The club's latest accounts show Bank loans and overdrafts in 2020 and 2021 at £36,000 so they clearly can and did borrow without being voted out for doing so.

You believe that there is something to be gained on an anonymous forum by aligning yourself with other known posters.

Wrong, I post what I think is right.

Wrong, I want us to spend a nominal sum having some representation in the women's game, so that our club is inclusive and doing the right thing. The example of my daughter I used to illustrate the point, not as you have tried to twist it.

You've managed to return the conversation back to this within about 3 posts. No amount of denial is going to pull the wool over anyone's eyes - you're linked closely to the club, no doubt about it.

Oh, and you're also a massive c{_}nt.

Bangit’s view in his post above is stated as, “My view of the Trust is it was held back by the members, wanting or needing justification in the form of accountability for money spent and wanting to vote.”
Am I alone in finding this view utterly incredible? So the the members were somehow unreasonable in requiring some accountability for the management of the monies they had themselves provided and of the board that they had voted in????
That sounds incredibly wrong-headed to me.