UPDATE 2 ON THE TRUST'S CONSULTATION PROCESS

In it's email of the 16 February, the Trust stated:

"......To support us with the planning of the Special General Meeting we will be setting up a steering group of trust members to ensure that we gather the broadest possible range of ideas and contributions....." In the same email they asked for Trust members, who might be interested in joining the Steering group to express their interest. I did that.

Yesterday, I received an email from the Trust saying "...We will be in touch shortly to confirm further details.....". So, the matter is now progressing.

I don't know how long it will take for more details to arrive and when the Steering Group might begin to operate. However, time may now start to becoming tight. The SGM is set for the 25 April. At that meeting the Board will put forward formal proposals for the future of the Trust. To comply with the Model Rules, the Notice of the business of the SGM must be issued no later than the 9 April. So, in the remaining period between now and the 9 April, a consultation including devising a survey, sending it out, allowing for time to respond, receiving other forms of members thoughts, setting up a Steering Group to facilitate the process and for the BOD to decide and agree on the formal proposals they propose to make to the SGM all has to happen. Of course, that workload and timetable will be impacted by the response to the consultation exercise. If they get very little response, which regretfully I suspect will be the case, then it all may be done in short order.

From my own point of view of taking up any offer I may receive to join the Steering Group, I would wish to be assured that, by being part of the Group, I would not be precluded from pursuing my own ideas for the future of the Trust and that the Group had a proper 'Terms of Reference' made clear to the membership in order to set the parameters for it's work.