Re: Grandstand: Stockport County F.C vs Newport County A.F.C.

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 10th, 2024, 2:11 pm
Trigger wrote: March 10th, 2024, 12:05 pm
phil_in_npton wrote: March 10th, 2024, 9:42 am Good Morning

Many years ago, in Conference South , myself and many others around the world started the thing we called “Exiles Grandstand” a place to comment on and discuss the game of the day. It was fun, it was friendly and was well populated.
I look at what we have today and honestly I’m embarrassed to be associated with it.
I was sad to read this forum might be closing down… now I think the sooner the better

Phil in Northampton
Yes Phil you're right, sadly since a certain Bangit joined with his agenda to get this forum shut down and a few joined in with his antics! And the lack of moderation! It has gone backwards at an alarming rate. He will be wetting himself with joy at some of these posts!!

Here we go again attack attack attack, nothing about achieving, nothing whatsoever. The mindset is that of the 80's trade unions, must win against those making decisions, don't worry about the consequences......
Yawn, yaawwnn, yyyaaawwwnnn.........

Trigger wrote: March 10th, 2024, 6:21 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: March 10th, 2024, 2:11 pm
Trigger wrote: March 10th, 2024, 12:05 pm
phil_in_npton wrote: March 10th, 2024, 9:42 am Good Morning

Many years ago, in Conference South , myself and many others around the world started the thing we called “Exiles Grandstand” a place to comment on and discuss the game of the day. It was fun, it was friendly and was well populated.
I look at what we have today and honestly I’m embarrassed to be associated with it.
I was sad to read this forum might be closing down… now I think the sooner the better

Phil in Northampton
Yes Phil you're right, sadly since a certain Bangit joined with his agenda to get this forum shut down and a few joined in with his antics! And the lack of moderation! It has gone backwards at an alarming rate. He will be wetting himself with joy at some of these posts!!

Here we go again attack attack attack, nothing about achieving, nothing whatsoever. The mindset is that of the 80's trade unions, must win against those making decisions, don't worry about the consequences......
Yawn, yaawwnn, yyyaaawwwnnn.........
Precisely, no interest in debate about the future, just attack me on a different thread. The forum is about discussion, why post if you have nothing to discuss?

Percy plunkett wrote: March 10th, 2024, 1:00 pm I agree with Phil and others that this site has gone downhill.Jack has been running it on his own which is no easy task but,he has taken his eye off the ball in recent times.When is the date for this site to close,in some ways it will be sad but,with two other mb’s running there is plenty of options to talk County.
I know we've got ATC, who's the other board?

lowandhard wrote: March 13th, 2024, 5:24 pm
Percy plunkett wrote: March 12th, 2024, 10:37 pm Newport county fans chat on Facebook.
Yes it’s a bit fragmented like all other facebook groups but it’s usually a bit of fun, informative and thank god a Bangit fee zone. Well up to now anyway 🙄

Well it will be full of those who think they are vital, but don't think that HJ should have a say then. Sad old barstewards who think they should ignore the fact that the club has managed fine without a ground etc, and think that it will be a way of progressing, instead of simply tying up budget.......for absolutely no reason. Same as buying your house, for others to benefit from the sale, because you can't sell as you actually live there........

Bonkers......

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 13th, 2024, 6:45 pm
Percy plunkett wrote: March 12th, 2024, 10:37 pm Newport county fans chat on Facebook.
Yes it’s a bit fragmented like all other facebook groups but it’s usually a bit of fun, informative and thank god a Bangit fee zone. Well up to now anyway 🙄

Well it will be full of those who think they are vital, but don't think that HJ should have a say then. Sad old barstewards who think they should ignore the fact that the club has managed fine without a ground etc, and think that it will be a way of progressing, instead of simply tying up budget.......for absolutely no reason. Same as buying your house, for others to benefit from the sale, because you can't sell as you actually live there........

Bonkers......
Bonkers indeed. I mean I'm not paying rent, the mortgage being paid off. I have assets that can be handed on to the people I love when at sometime in the future I depart this life. And as for actually living there, well lots of people downsize once the nest in empty. The truth is because I struggled to buy a house all those years ago, I am financially secure in my old age.

And I would like my club to be secure, and to be secure in a future I won't be here to see.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 16th, 2024, 10:19 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: March 13th, 2024, 6:45 pm

Bonkers......
Bonkers indeed. I mean I'm not paying rent, the mortgage being paid off. I have assets that can be handed on to the people I love when at sometime in the future I depart this life. And as for actually living there, well lots of people downsize once the nest in empty. The truth is because I struggled to buy a house all those years ago, I am financially secure in my old age.

And I would like my club to be secure, and to be secure in a future I won't be here to see.

It's got nothing to do with security and everything to do with Thatcherite policy. Pretend you are financially better off when in fact 2 of you are now paying back the bank instead of one because the costs are much greater.

2 of us are paying into RP, and the biggest benefit is the larger maintenance and running costs being reduced for both. Instead of making the bank happy and both clubs poorer.

And of course you only talk about you don't you?

Unfortunately, I think this forum has been irretrievably ruined by a very small number of posters. I think we all have a very clear understanding of who they are.

I think the only way around it is to have a new forum that is ruthlessly moderated in such a way that preserves constructive, moderate and honest debate and denies the opportunity to post destructive, immoderate and false debate. .

lowandhard wrote: March 16th, 2024, 11:45 pm
Trigger wrote: March 10th, 2024, 12:15 pm I personally wish all the decent past and present posters would come back, and get this forum back to what it used to be, and not let the few spoilers win!!
Well said, me too. The other forum is like being in the Horlicks stand!
The problem this forum has is partly financial and partly coding as I understand it. Financially whomever hosts the site tends to put up the cost considerably when the term of licence is up. I believe this happens with all internet sites, possibly has something to do with traffic (i.e how many people contribute to or view the site in a given period) and almost certainly has an element of profiteering involved. The more successful a site is, the more money is expected from a firm to host it.

Like many services you'd think the solution would be to 'shop around' and look for the best price. The problem with that? You have to build the site all over again from the notes you made the last time you had to do this, which is very time consuming and there's no guarantee that the coding you used last time will work on the new system, which then needs solutions to be found.

So solve those two problems, and possibly others that Jack has that I'm unaware of, find some admin that will police the forum fair and effectively, and do it that like yesterday and the forum could survive...

Chris Davis wrote: March 17th, 2024, 2:43 pm Unfortunately, I think this forum has been irretrievably ruined by a very small number of posters. I think we all have a very clear understanding of who they are.

I think the only way around it is to have a new forum that is ruthlessly moderated in such a way that preserves constructive, moderate and honest debate and denies the opportunity to post destructive, immoderate and false debate. .
You are not interested in debate, it's your way or the highway, same as Stan the other legal bod. The sooner the legal crap is gone the better. It achieves absolutely nothing, has nothing to do with football, and is loved by those who think that attack is everything.......

It's from a completely different era, and represents the views of a tiny amount of fans, as the numbers of Trust members shows without any doubt........

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 17th, 2024, 2:50 pm
Chris Davis wrote: March 17th, 2024, 2:43 pm Unfortunately, I think this forum has been irretrievably ruined by a very small number of posters. I think we all have a very clear understanding of who they are.

You are not interested in debate, it's your way or the highway, same as Stan the other legal bod. The sooner the legal crap is gone the better. It achieves absolutely nothing, has nothing to do with football, and is loved by those who think that attack is everything.......

It's from a completely different era, and represents the views of a tiny amount of fans, as the numbers of Trust members shows without any doubt........
Kind of sums you up Bangit'. You have a reasonable point. Who elected Chris Davies or me or anyone else to decide what is moderate? My view is that I am reasonable and moderate, some would differ. And those of us who believe in free speech have to defend the right of people of people to say things with which we strongly disagree.

But rather than criticism of Chris's point you personally attack him and me for good measure. Fair enough but freedom of speech also includes the right of others to point out the flaws in the arguments of others. For instance........

You criticize Chris by saying he believes it's 'your way or the highway' and in the next sentence write 'the sooner this legal crap is gone the better'.

Somehow in two sentences Bangitinthenet manages to show himself up as an idiot and a hypocrite.

Impressive.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 17th, 2024, 4:07 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: March 17th, 2024, 2:50 pm

Kind of sums you up Bangit'. You have a reasonable point. Who elected Chris Davies or me or anyone else to decide what is moderate? My view is that I am reasonable and moderate, some would differ. And those of us who believe in free speech have to defend the right of people of people to say things with which we strongly disagree.

But rather than criticism of Chris's point you personally attack him and me for good measure. Fair enough but freedom of speech also includes the right of others to point out the flaws in the arguments of others. For instance........

You criticize Chris by saying he believes it's 'your way or the highway' and in the next sentence write 'the sooner this legal crap is gone the better'.

Somehow in two sentences Bangitinthenet manages to show himself up as an idiot and a hypocrite.

Impressive.
What does "I am not going to debate with the likes of you" and "don't discuss anything with him, send him to Coventry" mean Stan? Both from Chris Davis, is that what debate is?

We also had the legislate for openness at the last trust meeting. That wasn't discussed beforehand, merely posted after it had been agreed to put on the agenda.....

How's that for openness, and debate............