Grandstand: Stockport County F.C vs Newport County A.F.C.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuGZqZn0pT4

Clarke out for the rest of the season. FFS. How unlucky have we been with injuries this season?! I know that sometimes it's been a situation of our own making because we've had to gamble on players with glass knees etc but still....Personally speaking I think any play-off talk is madness. Let's consolidate our league position this season and then plan for next when we can buy some players who aren't such a risk. Although no disrespect meant to any of these players like Oz/Jameson/Delaney who've been good and given their all (when fit).

Re: Grandstand: Stockport County F.C vs Newport County A.F.C.

Chepstow'sFine wrote: March 8th, 2024, 11:34 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuGZqZn0pT4

Clarke out for the rest of the season. FFS. How unlucky have we been with injuries this season?! I know that sometimes it's been a situation of our own making because we've had to gamble on players with glass knees etc but still....Personally speaking I think any play-off talk is madness. Let's consolidate our league position this season and then plan for next when we can buy some players who aren't such a risk. Although no disrespect meant to any of these players like Oz/Jameson/Delaney who've been good and given their all (when fit).
I think you are probably right about the playoffs. We had a glimmer of a chance a couple of weeks or so ago but we seem to be losing a first team player at a rate of one every 2 matches or worse again. This Saturday with the exception of strikers, we are likely to have only one player on the bench who could be relied on to start games.

Chepstow'sFine wrote: March 8th, 2024, 11:34 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuGZqZn0pT4

Realistically last week's results make play-offs much more difficult. Making up five points in eleven games is still do-able but a loss tomorrow and potentially making up eight points in ten games would require 'great escape' proportions, which I can't see from our current players.

It's been a decent season and County will almost certainly finish higher and with more points than last season. Hopefully it'll be minor surgery in the summer as opposed to a radical overhaul, but obviously that depends on retention of suitable players going out of contract. Even if it is a more radical overhaul I think many of us would be more confident in players coming in than perhaps we were last summer...

wattsville_boy wrote: March 8th, 2024, 2:41 pm

Realistically last week's results make play-offs much more difficult. Making up five points in eleven games is still do-able but a loss tomorrow and potentially making up eight points in ten games would require 'great escape' proportions, which I can't see from our current players.

It's been a decent season and County will almost certainly finish higher and with more points than last season. Hopefully it'll be minor surgery in the summer as opposed to a radical overhaul, but obviously that depends on retention of suitable players going out of contract. Even if it is a more radical overhaul I think many of us would be more confident in players coming in than perhaps we were last summer...
Tough game for us. Canโ€™t see us making the play offs, but fair play, weโ€™re giving it a go.