Re: Adam Lewis

Always a positive when a player is happy at the club, apparently as is his wife and family, having just bought a house in Cardiff.
As with all player decisions the club has to decide if they are confident they can attract/afford someone better, and/or if they believe he can even improve as a player?
On balance I believe he is worth a contract, but he will probable have to accept a salary reduction from his Liverpool one.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: March 13th, 2024, 8:24 pm Always a positive when a player is happy at the club, apparently as is his wife and family, having just bought a house in Cardiff.
As with all player decisions the club has to decide if they are confident they can attract/afford someone better, and/or if they believe he can even improve as a player?
On balance I believe he is worth a contract, but he will probable have to accept a salary reduction from his Liverpool one.
Well if he has a house down here then it would seem fairly certain that he is staying.

Adam is like Payne and Bondswell in that they look good going forward but not so good defending.He does put in some great crosses and he crosses early which helps,although sometimes it’s too early as was one last night,even our forwards haven’t got there,let alone the defenders.

Interesting comments and pretty much along the lines of my thoughts on him, that is defensively needs work but offensively much better.

Let me put something else into the mix. I've spoken recently about how I think the defence this season generally doesn't look comfortable playing as a 3-5-2/5-3-2. What if GC were to decide to switch formation to a 4-4-2 next season and Adam was playing more as a left winger than a left wing back?

I suspect though if he's bought a house in Cardiff then a contract is fairly much decided...

Our supporters have always said the same thing of wing backs over the last 10/15 years (Ie. Since the position was invented). Especially Pipey.

That being, that they need to be better defensively.

It is a sacrifice of having a wing back as opposed to a full back, that they will occasionally be caught too far forward. It is a problem of the position not the player, and that's why you have an extra central defender in there to supposedly cover the space. Doesn't always happen though.

If he wants to stay, make it happen please.

Personally I would like him to stay.
As others have said does get caught out as a full back but good as a wing back.
He always seems to enjoy his games, puts in a good shift and gets involved with the crowd and likes the Newport fans and mentality.

excessbee wrote: March 14th, 2024, 12:15 pm Doesn't make many tackles and not the best positionally when defending. As a wide midfielder/winger he could ould be useful. ..... just where many of us wanted to see Willmott play, but he wasn't used there.
I still think it was a shame that Robbie didn't play as a winger towards the end of his career with us. He was a match winner out wide, especially in big games.