Re: Well?

mad norm wrote: March 21st, 2024, 7:47 pm Whilst there is debate on here about the Welsh language etc and yet not a mention of tonight's footy!
I find that strange
SO,from a proud Englishman good luck to Wales tonight :cheers:
Strange maybe, but sadly of no surprise to me. Evidently some will use this forum to get their beefs off their chest .
However, with regards the actual football . Final score Cymru 4 Y Ffindir 1.
As some may chose to say . Er gweatha pawb a phopeth, Rydyn ni yma o hyd.

Chris Davis wrote: March 21st, 2024, 9:45 pm I thought the defence looked a bit suspect. Much tougher test against Poland.
I think if you're playing with three at the back, then you have to trust each other. Out of the three Mepham is the more suspect, but he's only just got back into the Bournemouth side so he may still be getting the rustiness out of his legs. I was disappointed to see Low pull out as he looks the most likely to be the next CB for the future.

But Wales were quite lethal up front...

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: March 21st, 2024, 9:46 pm
mad norm wrote: March 21st, 2024, 7:47 pm Whilst there is debate on here about the Welsh language etc and yet not a mention of tonight's footy!
I find that strange
Strange maybe, but sadly of no surprise to me. Evidently some will use this forum to get their beefs off their chest .
The "keep politics out of football" mob love keeping politics on a football forum.

I find that strange
Its about having many and varied debates that pop up around/about football i.e., a 'forum', on the football itself to echo others good win but Poland will be a far tougher test.

CathedralCounty wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 9:39 am
I find that strange
Its about having many and varied debates that pop up around/about football i.e., a 'forum', on the football itself to echo others good win but Poland will be a far tougher test.
I agree Poland will be a tougher task. But which was the better win? Poland will have expected a comfortable win v Estonia and their cause was helped by the red card after 27 minutes. Wales may have expected a win by maybe a couple of goals and will be more concerned about the goal they conceded.

wattsville_boy wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 12:47 pm
I find that strange
I agree Poland will be a tougher task. But which was the better win? Poland will have expected a comfortable win v Estonia and their cause was helped by the red card after 27 minutes. Wales may have expected a win by maybe a couple of goals and will be more concerned about the goal they conceded.
Didn't go to the game (watched on TV) and Wales looked like they were in control almost had a swagger - Finland were very poor I thought and offered little, I have a feeling we'll just pip Poland with home advantage, as cliched as that is its a major factor for Wales. Totally agree the one goal Finland scored was poor one to concede (and to be fair well taken).

CathedralCounty wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 2:07 pm
I find that strange
Didn't go to the game (watched on TV) and Wales looked like they were in control almost had a swagger - Finland were very poor I thought and offered little, I have a feeling we'll just pip Poland with home advantage, as cliched as that is its a major factor for Wales. Totally agree the one goal Finland scored was poor one to concede (and to be fair well taken).
The thing is that the defence seemed annoyed not to maintain a clean sheet. I suspect Mepham is still a little rusty after not being selected for Bournemouth until the recent injury to another CB. It will be something they'll work on before Tuesday. But offensively it's perming any three from five or six players and they will score goals...

CathedralCounty wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 2:07 pm
I find that strange
I went to the game, it didn't seem like we were in control until the 4th goal went in. I don't think many in the ground would have been putting money on us at HT. The early goal in each half was a huge bonus. Respect to Page for his tweaking at half time.