Jameson
Delaney
Seberry
Clarke
Morris
Evans
Jephcott

Happy with all of the above plus
Bright as cheap RB cover and Charsley. Rest of squad can go. Maybe keep Rai.

Re: Squad 24/25

aberexile wrote: April 1st, 2024, 7:22 pm Offer Zanzala a new one year deal perhaps?
No don’t think so. Worth a punt on someone fresh. Likewise Bennett and Waite. Drysdale may be an option if we need 5 CBs on the books.
Adam Lewis can’t defend so a no from me.
Baker has been disappointing so another no.
Wildig is also a no - disappointing overall.

faerun exile wrote: April 1st, 2024, 7:11 pm Not 100% sure who we have on contract for next season but believe we have

Townsend
McCloughlin
Jameson
Delaney
Seberry
Clarke
Morris
Evans
Jephcott

Bright is not going to make it nor is Rai money better spent elsewhere as with the last superstar from the academy Twamley the subs bench at Merthyr or lower awaits.
Otherwise agree Charley worth a contract and Bennett otherwise none of those out of contract should be kept we are a mid table squad and need more quality to move on. Lewis and Baker will be released by parent clubs but neither are great and there will be better options.

faerun exile wrote: April 1st, 2024, 7:11 pm Not 100% sure who we have on contract for next season but believe we have

Townsend
McCloughlin
Jameson
Delaney
Seberry
Clarke
Morris
Evans
Jephcott

Sell Evans as well all he does is winge

Townsend
McCloughlin
Jameson
Delaney
Seberry
Clarke
Morris
Evans
Jephcott

Evans will surely go in the Summer. Jephcott has been a disappointment so far.

From that list of 9, maybe 5 possibly 6 regular starters for next season. We need a much better window than we had in January.

I think Nathan Wood is also contracted through next season.

Townsend
McCloughlin
Jameson
Delaney
Seberry
Clarke
Morris
Evans
Jephcott

Delaney only agreed to a one year contract. Wood also has another year. No announcement for how long Jephcott was signed as far as I'm aware?
Last edited by OLDCROMWELLIAN on April 1st, 2024, 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amberexile wrote: April 1st, 2024, 8:40 pm

Townsend
McCloughlin
Jameson
Delaney
Seberry
Clarke
Morris
Evans
Jephcott

Evans will surely go in the Summer. Jephcott has been a disappointment so far.

From that list of 9, maybe 5 possibly 6 regular starters for next season. We need a much better window than we had in January.

I think Nathan Wood is also contracted through next season.
Not convinced Evans will go in the summer. Can't see any club above League 2 making a bid for him.

Can't remember half of our squad as so many out injured. Hopefully Delaney gets a new contract as he was probably our best performer before being injured. Keep Jephcott and Rai. Give them game time now to see what they can do.

Coxy wrote: April 1st, 2024, 9:36 pm Can't remember half of our squad as so many out injured. Hopefully Delaney gets a new contract as he was probably our best performer before being injured. Keep Jephcott and Rai. Give them game time now to see what they can do.
Have no doubt we will offer Delany a new contract, but suspect the player will be looking to move elsewhere.

I'm sure Chris Finn (Head of Football Operations) will have a number of likely signings for each position and will have names ready to go for when the retained list is made post-season. Not entirely sure whether Clarke is signed up for another season, so if him and Delaney leave that's three CB's County could be looking to bring in. Drysdale would be a no on his injury record.

Need full backs, like McLoughlin, who defend but also add to attack. County seem to get a collection of wing-backs who can't defend. It does make you wonder what these PL/Championship teams teach in their Academy nowadays. Lewis is a no from me unless he's told to stay on the wing and not get in the way of the defenders defending. Actually it's just a no, no way...

Can Bennett do another season? He's useful for covering two positions and probably should get a years extension for that reason alone. But midfield needs some work as it's so often over-run by opponents (as it has for many seasons). I like Charsley and thought he started the season on fire. He's not recovered that form post-injury but should be part of the midfield going forward. My personal opinion is that County need a midfield four and one of that four needs to be an enforcer-type player. And how about wingers that will put in decent balls for the strikers. Wood if still contracted for next season should be kept on. He could become a winger.

Onto Strikers. I still think Evans will be playing for County next season and am hopefully that Jephcott will be better after a good pre-season. I've always been a no for Zanzala but he has made some decent contributions since coming back from injury and I might gamble on him being better for a decent pre-season. Logic would suggest that he can't possibly have any more injuries to come and I can't see there being a great demand for his services with his injury record. Bogle would be a definite no. He seems lazy and has had at least a couple of hissy-fits when substituted. County would need to find a 'big un' up front to take his place (if such a thing still exists in any great numbers anymore). Rai could do with going out on loan.

So at least two full backs, two or three CB's, three midfielders (one enforcer, two wingers) and at least one striker. That seems like a major rebuild (again)...

wattsville_boy wrote: April 1st, 2024, 11:25 pm I'm sure Chris Finn (Head of Football Operations) will have a number of likely signings for each position and will have names ready to go for when the retained list is made post-season. Not entirely sure whether Clarke is signed up for another season, so if him and Delaney leave that's three CB's County could be looking to bring in. Drysdale would be a no on his injury record.

Need full backs, like McLoughlin, who defend but also add to attack. County seem to get a collection of wing-backs who can't defend. It does make you wonder what these PL/Championship teams teach in their Academy nowadays. Lewis is a no from me unless he's told to stay on the wing and not get in the way of the defenders defending. Actually it's just a no, no way...

Can Bennett do another season? He's useful for covering two positions and probably should get a years extension for that reason alone. But midfield needs some work as it's so often over-run by opponents (as it has for many seasons). I like Charsley and thought he started the season on fire. He's not recovered that form post-injury but should be part of the midfield going forward. My personal opinion is that County need a midfield four and one of that four needs to be an enforcer-type player. And how about wingers that will put in decent balls for the strikers. Wood if still contracted for next season should be kept on. He could become a winger.

Onto Strikers. I still think Evans will be playing for County next season and am hopefully that Jephcott will be better after a good pre-season. I've always been a no for Zanzala but he has made some decent contributions since coming back from injury and I might gamble on him being better for a decent pre-season. Logic would suggest that he can't possibly have any more injuries to come and I can't see there being a great demand for his services with his injury record. Bogle would be a definite no. He seems lazy and has had at least a couple of hissy-fits when substituted. County would need to find a 'big un' up front to take his place (if such a thing still exists in any great numbers anymore). Rai could do with going out on loan.

So at least two full backs, two or three CB's, three midfielders (one enforcer, two wingers) and at least one striker. That seems like a major rebuild (again)...
Of course this depends on Coughlin remaining for next season. If Stan is correct and HJ is going to bring in a different Manager then it'll be a bigger rebuild...

wattsville_boy wrote: April 1st, 2024, 11:28 pm
wattsville_boy wrote: April 1st, 2024, 11:25 pm I'm sure Chris Finn (Head of Football Operations) will have a number of likely signings for each position and will have names ready to go for when the retained list is made post-season. Not entirely sure whether Clarke is signed up for another season, so if him and Delaney leave that's three CB's County could be looking to bring in. Drysdale would be a no on his injury record.

Of course this depends on Coughlin remaining for next season. If Stan is correct and HJ is going to bring in a different Manager then it'll be a bigger rebuild...
I didn't say that Coughlan was going. I said that it would not surprise me if he were removed. Nuanced point I know but saying something might happen is not the same as saying it will happen.

I agree entirely with your assumption that if Graham Coughlan is remived there will be a bigger rebuild. Also to be clear I think Graham Coughlan has done a great job, and if it were my decision I'd do everthing I could to keep him at the club.

For what it's worth I don't think there will be that large a 'rebuild' as some are suggesting. Only forsee 2/3 not being retained of those out of contract; plus squad being increased by a total of 2. Plus of course as GC has already said we have to use the loan system and recruit 5 loanees.