Re: Huw statement

Interesting to see this week that Buttress has been appointed CEO of Ovo Energy, a salaried full-time job.

Given that a new full-time position will take him away from the rugby, I wonder who will be calling the shots on a day-to-day basis at the Dragons and Rodney Parade and who Jenkins will be negotiating with?

Perhaps another member of the Buttress consortium?

Jonesy3 wrote: April 5th, 2024, 5:12 pm Interesting to see this week that Buttress has been appointed CEO of Ovo Energy, a salaried full-time job.

Given that a new full-time position will take him away from the rugby, I wonder who will be calling the shots on a day-to-day basis at the Dragons and Rodney Parade and who Jenkins will be negotiating with?

It does seem to suggest that Buttress' attention will be elsewhere. But who knows? It seems people can chair several interests at the same time. Perhaps OVO chairmanship will only take up a limited amount of time and likewise the Dragons. The rich seems to be able to divide their focus to multiple jobs, which possibly explains why such poor business decisions are made. It's only the workers that can only give all their efforts to one job...

wattsville_boy wrote: April 5th, 2024, 6:25 pm
Jonesy3 wrote: April 5th, 2024, 5:12 pm Interesting to see this week that Buttress has been appointed CEO of Ovo Energy, a salaried full-time job.

It does seem to suggest that Buttress' attention will be elsewhere. But who knows? It seems people can chair several interests at the same time. Perhaps OVO chairmanship will only take up a limited amount of time and likewise the Dragons. The rich seems to be able to divide their focus to multiple jobs, which possibly explains why such poor business decisions are made. It's only the workers that can only give all their efforts to one job...
I would agree if he had been appointed chairman of Ovo as it would almost certainly be a non-exec part-time role.

But, as I posted, he has been appointed CEO. That’s a full-time post, running the UK’s third biggest energy company. It won’t leave much time for anything else.