Re: Grandstand: Grimsby Town FC versus Newport County A.F.C

Exile 1976 wrote: April 7th, 2024, 10:29 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: April 7th, 2024, 10:19 am If a person keeps telling everyone that they are a fan of fan ownership, but didn't and never have joined the trust, then the people see through you, as your actions don't link with the sentiment.

Similarly why would an individual keep putting forward the idea that the manager is under threat, if he didn't want it to happen. He would keep his mouth shut....

Simples

Sorry, but that’s nonsense. If you hear things about a manager/player, regardless of whether you like them or not, most would discuss it with their fellow fans on their supporters forum. Why would anyone keep quiet about it??
Because it's called rumours, and only the gullible spend too much time on the basis of rumours.............

So if you are one of them what does it show?

Bangitintrnet wrote: April 7th, 2024, 11:37 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: April 7th, 2024, 10:19 am If a person keeps telling everyone that they are a fan of fan ownership, but didn't and never have joined the trust, then the people see through you, as your actions don't link with the sentiment.

Similarly why would an individual keep putting forward the idea that the manager is under threat, if he didn't want it to happen. He would keep his mouth shut....

Simples

Sorry, but that’s nonsense. If you hear things about a manager/player, regardless of whether you like them or not, most would discuss it with their fellow fans on their supporters forum. Why would anyone keep quiet about it??
Because it's called rumours, and only the gullible spend too much time on the basis of rumours.............

It shows we’re discussing rumours surrounding the club that we support. How awful. Truly awful, not like any rumour in the history of rumours have been true hey?
Last edited by Exile 1976 on April 7th, 2024, 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Exile 1976 wrote: April 7th, 2024, 11:44 am

Simples

It shows we’re discussing rumours surrounding the club that we support. How awful. Truly awful, not like any rumour in the history of rumours have been true hey?
Again, easy to type insults from a position of anonymity, when I have no doubt you would not say it to anyone’s face, coward.
Why do you get involved with him?

Chris Davis wrote: April 7th, 2024, 11:48 am

Simples

Again, easy to type insults from a position of anonymity, when I have no doubt you would not say it to anyone’s face, coward.

Don’t know really, I know I should ignore him but he grips my shit.

Simples
Here we go!

Simples

Agreed!

Bonson&Hunt wrote: April 8th, 2024, 10:40 am

Agreed!
I think it is important that people like Bangit' are challenged. Whether he is a former discredited director or merely a friend or relation matters not. He has undoubtedly been a cheerleader for the last regime.

Remember those directors sat in their box and entertained their fellow directors. They then went off and enjoyed being entertained from Carllsle to Exeter. They waved four tickets for the Manchester City game in the faces of supporters who couldn't get one. They pontificated on Match of the day when a Premier League side were in town. Supporters on limited incomes paid for them to live the life of Reilly.

But that was all okay. They were doing such a good job that unlike every other League 2 club Newport County were making a profit. So the £10 a month Trust members were paying was a small price to pay to have our club being run by these financial geniuses. That in 2015 we raised quarter of a million quid to buy our club. That two years ago the ran another begging bowl campaign. Well again a small price to pay. Because as the then Chairman and financial director said in January 2023, finances were 'on target'.

And it was all a great big lie. March 2023 suddenly off they go. May 2023 and we have a few problems, 'it isn't a Bury like situation, nothing like that...' September 2023 and you are forced to to give the club you have twice saved away. Again.

And finally April 2024. Actually we've just lost £2,200,000. OOPS!

I'm an old man now. I never cared much what people thought of me, I care even less now. So Bangit' Gavin, Kevin, Peter.............

GO AND F@CK YOURSELVES.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 8th, 2024, 11:20 am
Bonson&Hunt wrote: April 8th, 2024, 10:40 am

Agreed!
I think it is important that people like Bangit' are challenged. Whether he is a former discredited director or merely a friend or relation matters not. He has undoubtedly been a cheerleader for the last regime.

Remember those directors sat in their box and entertained their fellow directors. They then went off and enjoyed being entertained from Carllsle to Exeter. They waved four tickets for the Manchester City game in the faces of supporters who couldn't get one. They pontificated on Match of the day when a Premier League side were in town. Supporters on limited incomes paid for them to live the life of Reilly.

But that was all okay. They were doing such a good job that unlike every other League 2 club Newport County were making a profit. So the £10 a month Trust members were paying was a small price to pay to have our club being run by these financial geniuses. That in 2015 we raised quarter of a million quid to buy our club. That two years ago the ran another begging bowl campaign. Well again a small price to pay. Because as the then Chairman and financial director said in January 2023, finances were 'on target'.

And it was all a great big lie. March 2023 suddenly off they go. May 2023 and we have a few problems, 'it isn't a Bury like situation, nothing like that...' September 2023 and you are forced to to give the club you have twice saved away. Again.

And finally April 2024. Actually we've just lost £2,200,000. OOPS!

I'm an old man now. I never cared much what people thought of me, I care even less now. So Bangit' Gavin, Kevin, Peter.............

GO AND F@CK YOURSELVES.
So says a Sligo Fan, who tries to include me as a fantasy target because he has no actual targets left. I wonder why the Trust started with 15 willing volunteers, and there is only 1 of those originals left....

I wonder what vast quantity of people will be willing to volunteer in future to take a one sided battering from the fantasist, and Sligo fan..........

Hazel wrote: April 8th, 2024, 11:52 am Can I just ask what has your last comment got to do with Grandstand Grimsby? or those previous, but if you want a name that's easy Charlie Hopkins. Heard of him? Just read his resignation comments.
I am responding to Stan's comments, so ask him?

When Charlie was on the board did the club make money from cup runs, to pay for the things needed to stay a football league club?

I'm speculating that the loss mentioned in the accounts for the previous year may have been higher than HJ anticipated. Also he is on a cost-saving (or value for money) drive at the moment, hence I feel any increase in the playing budget for the coming season will be modest.
For me that points towards that fact that he will stick with GC for the coming season (noting that he has performed above budget).
Bringing in a 'higher profile' manger will probably happen at some stage but not right now (IMO)

UTC Dave