Re: TRUST MEMBERS SURVEY

Amberexile wrote: April 5th, 2024, 6:22 pm Apart from the link not working, surely this is too late. It seems that members' views will get scant regard before resolutions ate released.
My understanding is that the survey results will have no bearing on the proposed resolutions to be put to the SGM. They are to inform the new board of directors on the 'direction of travel' they should go after they have been elected/appointed.

The embedded link in the e-mail was wrong, but a few of us deduced that it should have been pointed here.

I applaud the effort to engage with Trust members, but I'm a little sceptical about the process. Specifically, I'm surprised and a little disappointed that despite it being raised at the last meeting and since then with the Trust Board, there's nothing in the survey about building up a fighting fund for future emergenceis (let's call it "The Jerry Sherman Scenario").

To my mind, the biggest existential challenge we face as fans is our club falling into the hands of someone who can't or won't fund it anymore, and us as fans having to take on a more direct involvement in its running again. So I really think one of the options on the survey about future priorities should have been something like "build up some funds to set aside for future emergencies". Fundraising for the here-and-now issues around the academy or running costs is all very well - but it leaves us potless if we need to step in again like we have in the past.

Jonesy3 wrote: April 6th, 2024, 8:45 am So the survey is now available to anyone, Trust member or not.

It can also be filled in multiple times, leaving the process totally open to manipulation.

A pointless shambles. Like most things the Trust does.
I think that a problem is that there is no specific private group for Trust members on FB or anywhere. So, if someone judges that there is an issue of significance for only Trust members to discuss via social media or the web, it is simply not possible.

Kairdiff Exile wrote: April 5th, 2024, 7:13 pm The embedded link in the e-mail was wrong, but a few of us deduced that it should have been pointed here.

I applaud the effort to engage with Trust members, but I'm a little sceptical about the process. Specifically, I'm surprised and a little disappointed that despite it being raised at the last meeting and since then with the Trust Board, there's nothing in the survey about building up a fighting fund for future emergenceis (let's call it "The Jerry Sherman Scenario").

To my mind, the biggest existential challenge we face as fans is our club falling into the hands of someone who can't or won't fund it anymore, and us as fans having to take on a more direct involvement in its running again. So I really think one of the options on the survey about future priorities should have been something like "build up some funds to set aside for future emergencies". Fundraising for the here-and-now issues around the academy or running costs is all very well - but it leaves us potless if we need to step in again like we have in the past.
The trust run the club, but not from a position of emergency, we were gifted the required shares etc.
The scenario that you are suggesting above is completely different. I.E. it was the lifeline society in 1989 that couldn't take on the size of the task.

In HJ's proposal, under the heading of the future, he is proposing that the trust be in a position to take over the club again.

That is what the Trust needs to focus on in my opinion.

Bangitintrnet wrote: April 6th, 2024, 9:35 am
Kairdiff Exile wrote: April 5th, 2024, 7:13 pm The embedded link in the e-mail was wrong, but a few of us deduced that it should have been pointed here.

In HJ's proposal, under the heading of the future, he is proposing that the trust be in a position to take over the club again.

Did he tell you that Gav, or is that just another of your made up facts?

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 6th, 2024, 10:00 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: April 6th, 2024, 9:35 am

Did he tell you that Gav, or is that just another of your made up facts?
If you had been a member of the trust, you would have been given a copy of HJ's Proposal upon entry to the meeting. Then you wouldn't have kept on with your fantasies about HJ buying RP, or him wanting to make money out of Newport County. You would also have noticed that I attended that meeting, and none of the people you fantasise are myself attended, just like you.

To some extent, I think that the survey is a wish/aspiration list in the sense that, as the realities of the County's life plays out in the future, that will govern what actually happens. So,whilst I absolutely accept that the' build up funds for an emergency' makes good sense and I suggested it a while back in an FB post, the realities of a cash strapped County might mean that all of the funds are needed in the short term just to keep the club afloat and with little or no room to do anything else. I think it should also be remembered that what the membership responds to the survey will not be mandatory on the directors of the Trust. At best, it will be guidance.

Chris Davis wrote: April 6th, 2024, 9:09 am
Jonesy3 wrote: April 6th, 2024, 8:45 am So the survey is now available to anyone, Trust member or not.

It can also be filled in multiple times, leaving the process totally open to manipulation.

I think that a problem is that there is no specific private group for Trust members on FB or anywhere. So, if someone judges that there is an issue of significance for only Trust members to discuss via social media or the web, it is simply not possible.
I am disinclined to follow a link provided on an anonymous message board in order to complete this survey. The Trust needs to get this sorted out and provide a reliable process to gather our feedback.

I have looked at the questionnaire and find it hugely disappointing even knowing that the replies will not be used to guide the SGM, this shows no appetite for change.

Jobs for the boys comes to mind.

EDIT: If you have the email with the inoperative link and don't want to wait for a fix then you can access the survey by copying the text of the link (not the link address) from the email and copying it into the URL bar in your browser. I have tried this and it works with both Chrome and Edge.

Amberexile wrote: April 6th, 2024, 12:46 pm

I am disinclined to follow a link provided on an anonymous message board in order to complete this survey. The Trust needs to get this sorted out and provide a reliable process to gather our feedback.

I have looked at the questionnaire and find it hugely disappointing even knowing that the replies will not be used to guide the SGM, this shows no appetite for change.

I definitely think that the Board member responsible for managing the survey process should have made sure this process worked and now gets it to work pronto. However, the link provided on the FB page does take you to where you were intended to be taken if the Trust's link had worked properly. My concern is, if the survey is accessed other than by what was intended to be a link via the Trust's email, that people who are not Trust members can complete the survey. This is not necessarily bad because it just gives a wider response but is obviously not what was intended - a response from Trust members only.

I'm not sure that the survey questions show no appetite for change and so is "hugely disppointing". What might you liked to have seen on the survey form?

The replies will definitely not influence the SGM . According to the Trust they are to guide the new board in the Future direction of the Trust. The new Board will not be elected until way after the SGM.

On the trust website under the documents section, is a link to the 2018 consultation of the Trust membership, with slides provided detailing the results.

Obviously this was trust only, however as 75% of fans are not in the trust, this one if left open to all, could provide a better understanding of the fan base.

Chris Davis wrote: April 6th, 2024, 1:16 pm
Amberexile wrote: April 6th, 2024, 12:46 pm

I definitely think that the Board member responsible for managing the survey process should have made sure this process worked and now gets it to work pronto. However, the link provided on the FB page does take you to where you were intended to be taken if the Trust's link had worked properly. My concern is, if the survey is accessed other than by what was intended to be a link via the Trust's email, that people who are not Trust members can complete the survey. This is not necessarily bad because it just gives a wider response but is obviously not what was intended - a response from Trust members only.

I'm not sure that the survey questions show no appetite for change and so is "hugely disppointing". What might you liked to have seen on the survey form?

The replies will definitely not influence the SGM . According to the Trust they are to guide the new board in the Future direction of the Trust. The new Board will not be elected until way after the SGM.
Again, relying on an assurance from a poster on an anonymous message board that a link is valid is sub-optimal to say the least. I understand that people are trying to be helpful, I have also seen the consequences of people following malicious links.

wrt to the survey, I would have liked it to have been the first in a series which drilled down into the desires of the membership, seeking their views rather than a series of we want to do X, do you agree type questions. It gives the impression that the outcome is pre-determined and the survey is merely paying lip service to a half-hearted promise especially when the timing of it is taken into account. The one area which does seek opinion about ring fencing funds I believe will lead nowhere when the practicalities of doing so are encountered with the Trust donations going to the playing budget.