Re: A win before the end of the season

Goals win Matches wrote: April 7th, 2024, 2:39 pm Unfortunately in order to win a match you have to score at least one goal and at the rate we have been in the last four matches (1 goals in six hours of play) that seems very unlikely at the moment- unless our opponents generously score an own goal.
The way the defence is at the moment, that means we might at worst have to score 3 or 4 goals, although, at best, it could be as few as one.

Kevinmoorefellover wrote: April 6th, 2024, 8:50 am I think it’s important that we win one more game before the end of the season. It’ll take us past 57 points, restore confidence, break a poor run and set a positive mindset for next season. I think it’ll come against Accrington.
I agree one or two wins could change the mood before the end of the season. However, I think what goes on preseason e.g. new signings, new initiatives could boost the mood more so.

Think motivation levels may well be the deciding factor in our next 2 home games, against teams who are both mathematically safe from relegation, and out of the running for the play-offs, like ourselves. The last 4 losses have been against teams who were looking to avoid relegation or a play-off place. Thought GC summed it up correctly after yesterday's game when he said Grimsby cause was greater than ours.
Unfortunately our recent form will almost certainly see our lowest home League attendance Tues.

wattsville_boy wrote: April 8th, 2024, 5:34 pm My bet would be on four losses in the next four games. But I hope I'm wrong...
Mine too. The sad thing is that it slightly tarnishes what a great job the Manager has done this season. I don't think it will happen but it also 'could' mean he quits or gets the boot by Huw. Much easier to sack a Manager with time to do something about it rather than when you're 5/6 games into a season and it's not working.

Chepstow'sFine wrote: April 9th, 2024, 2:31 pm
wattsville_boy wrote: April 8th, 2024, 5:34 pm My bet would be on four losses in the next four games. But I hope I'm wrong...
Mine too. The sad thing is that it slightly tarnishes what a great job the Manager has done this season. I don't think it will happen but it also 'could' mean he quits or gets the boot by Huw. Much easier to sack a Manager with time to do something about it rather than when you're 5/6 games into a season and it's not working.
I think Coughlan's job was secure before the form fell off a cliff. But another four losses and the need to make a Managerial change becomes almost impossible to ignore.