Re: Prices.

Chris Davis wrote: April 6th, 2024, 7:47 pm
mad norm wrote: April 6th, 2024, 7:40 pm :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Bangit...will you stop being nasty to Stan ? I'll soon be feeling sorry for him
I think the only answer is to get them in a ring for 6 rounds. But probably hand bags at 6 yards would be closer to it 🤣🤣🤣
Oh come on lads. I was once told that you should never wrestle with a pig as you'd both get covered in sh!te and the pig would like it.

All I cpuld think to say was "Oink!" :grin:

mad norm wrote: April 6th, 2024, 7:40 pm :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Bangit...will you stop being nasty to Stan ? I'll soon be feeling sorry for him
Shall we all go on the Sligo forum and suggest that they have got the ticket pricing wrong? Will that make sense, of course not, only to a madman, it's nothing to do with us........

Nor is it any business of ours that they rent their ground.

Bangitintrnet wrote: April 6th, 2024, 8:56 pm
Shall we all go on the Sligo forum and suggest that they have got the ticket pricing wrong? Will that make sense, of course not, only to a madman, it's nothing to do with us........

Nor is it any business of ours that they rent their ground.
A sporting Trust own the Showgrounds. And a sporting Trust own Sligo Rovers. Both on behalf of the people of Sligo.

It's Saturday night. Go and have a drink Gav. Let it go. :grin:

Bangitintrnet wrote: April 6th, 2024, 7:01 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 6th, 2024, 5:44 pm
Chris Davis wrote: April 6th, 2024, 5:32 pm
Amberexile wrote: April 6th, 2024, 5:17 pm
Chris Davis wrote: April 6th, 2024, 2:24 pm
Amberexile wrote: April 6th, 2024, 2:18 pm
Chris Davis wrote: April 6th, 2024, 2:04 pm It's a balance and a fine judgement. That is to what extent will an 'x' per cent rise in prices lead to a 'y' percent reduction in punters. But that's what HJ is there to do - to make those decisions.
It definitely is why HJ is there and I fully expect him to look at research pointing to inelastic ticket pricing in this sector
Not everyone has come across the concept of 'elasticity', of course, which is why I phrased it as I did.
I was making the point that in major sport there is little elasticity in ticket pricing. So if he increases prices by x, the y reduction in punters will be lower and overall income will rise. If he follows the research it isn't that fine a judgement. He could agonise over many factors such as the cost of living problems people have in a city that isn't exactly flush but the bottom line is that if he doesn't get daft he will make more money overall by increasing prices because it will only have a minor impact on attendances.
That would be my view, as well.
Three points to consider. Firstly as a club do we want to price fans out? Secondly we can have a view as to the effect pricing has on attendance but we don't really know do we?

But for me a major point is looking at the long term. Back in 1967 I nagged my father, who had no interest in football to take take me as a football mad nine year old to the game v York City. I know there has been inflation since but nonetheless the 4/6 it cost my father to get in and the 2/- for me was hatdly prohibitive. That for younger readers is 37 pence in modern money for both of us to get in. The following Tuesday I nagged him again as we had drawn Blackpool in the League Cup. Two games, father and son 75p.

I've spent thousands watching County over the last fifty seven years. But had I been priced out all those years ago maybe I would have settled for being an armchait Manchester United fan.

It is not as straightforward as some seem to think.
You haven't been for years, you're a Sligo Fan on a County Forum commenting on things that don't and will not affect you. That's a fact.

The reason why you post lies about police investigations, is because people running my club (not yours) including HJ don't want to listen to the fantasy of a Sligo fan about owning RP, and it upsets you.

Stick to Sligo, that actually affects you personally.
Every single thread - you have to derail it don't you and spoil it for the rest of us. Genuine question; what do you get out of it?

Stow Hill Sid wrote: April 6th, 2024, 9:47 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: April 6th, 2024, 7:01 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 6th, 2024, 5:44 pm
Chris Davis wrote: April 6th, 2024, 5:32 pm
Amberexile wrote: April 6th, 2024, 5:17 pm
Chris Davis wrote: April 6th, 2024, 2:24 pm
Amberexile wrote: April 6th, 2024, 2:18 pm
Chris Davis wrote: April 6th, 2024, 2:04 pm It's a balance and a fine judgement. That is to what extent will an 'x' per cent rise in prices lead to a 'y' percent reduction in punters. But that's what HJ is there to do - to make those decisions.
It definitely is why HJ is there and I fully expect him to look at research pointing to inelastic ticket pricing in this sector
Not everyone has come across the concept of 'elasticity', of course, which is why I phrased it as I did.
I was making the point that in major sport there is little elasticity in ticket pricing. So if he increases prices by x, the y reduction in punters will be lower and overall income will rise. If he follows the research it isn't that fine a judgement. He could agonise over many factors such as the cost of living problems people have in a city that isn't exactly flush but the bottom line is that if he doesn't get daft he will make more money overall by increasing prices because it will only have a minor impact on attendances.
That would be my view, as well.
Three points to consider. Firstly as a club do we want to price fans out? Secondly we can have a view as to the effect pricing has on attendance but we don't really know do we?

But for me a major point is looking at the long term. Back in 1967 I nagged my father, who had no interest in football to take take me as a football mad nine year old to the game v York City. I know there has been inflation since but nonetheless the 4/6 it cost my father to get in and the 2/- for me was hatdly prohibitive. That for younger readers is 37 pence in modern money for both of us to get in. The following Tuesday I nagged him again as we had drawn Blackpool in the League Cup. Two games, father and son 75p.

I've spent thousands watching County over the last fifty seven years. But had I been priced out all those years ago maybe I would have settled for being an armchait Manchester United fan.

It is not as straightforward as some seem to think.
You haven't been for years, you're a Sligo Fan on a County Forum commenting on things that don't and will not affect you. That's a fact.

The reason why you post lies about police investigations, is because people running my club (not yours) including HJ don't want to listen to the fantasy of a Sligo fan about owning RP, and it upsets you.

Stick to Sligo, that actually affects you personally.
Every single thread - you have to derail it don't you and spoil it for the rest of us. Genuine question; what do you get out of it?
What do you and particularly Stan get out of arguing for the sake of it? What is the outcome? What does it achieve?

By achievements, take raising £30k towards the playing fund. A good achievement, everyone can see that, no problems. In practical terms we sign a player, 2 year contract gross cost to County £300k. So the club has benefited by 10% of the costs. Its still a benefit.

Now if you discuss ticket prices with no knowledge of the background to those decisions, how likely is it that an individual will come up with a better outcome for the financial security of the club? Particularly if you are actually a paying customer of a club hundreds of miles away with a completely different set of problems to deal with.

Ticket pricing is vital, it's not a discussion to be used as a weapon against those who are making vital decisions. HJ has the expertise to make those decisions. We don't need that pricing strategy being undermined even before it has been revealed.

Bangitintrnet wrote: April 7th, 2024, 8:13 am

Ticket pricing is vital, it's not a discussion to be used as a weapon against those who are making vital decisions. HJ has the expertise to make those decisions. We don't need that pricing strategy being undermined even before it has been revealed.
Nobody, as far as I can see is weaponising anything. Merely expressing views as to the pricing of tickets. Let's hope Huw Jenkins has more backbone than to disappear to 'consider his position' every time anyone expresses a view which differs from his.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 7th, 2024, 10:17 am

Nobody, as far as I can see is weaponising anything. Merely expressing views as to the pricing of tickets. Let's hope Huw Jenkins has more backbone than to disappear to 'consider his position' every time anyone expresses a view which differs from his.
You are by starting a thread that doesn't affect you.

Simples.

I doubt HJ calls everyone who doesn't agree with him stupid either. But then again he is not on here, if he was, you would........that's your level of discussion..........

Bangitintrnet wrote: April 7th, 2024, 11:24 am

Simples.

I doubt HJ calls everyone who doesn't agree with him stupid either. But then again he is not on here, if he was, you would........that's your level of discussion..........

So on a fans forum we’re not allowed to talk about player/manager rumours, potential ticket prices or any criticism about the club/Trust? Anything else you want us to stop discussing Kim 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️😂

Exile 1976 wrote: April 7th, 2024, 11:36 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: April 7th, 2024, 11:24 am

Simples.

So on a fans forum we’re not allowed to talk about player/manager rumours, potential ticket prices or any criticism about the club/Trust? Anything else you want us to stop discussing Kim 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️😂
Ask Chris Davis, he doesn’t want non Trust members to have an opinion on who forms two thirds of the football club board. He also wants a separate means of communication.

Presumably so the trust that at best provides a 5% of the clubs income, and has a quarter of the clubs fans, can provide more openness..............

Well there we have it. Nearly 2,000, mostly I suspect from people who will hold different views on what County's ticket price policy should be. Amberexile, George Guest, and Chris Davies hold one view. I hold the opposite view. I suspect there are those right across the spectrum who choose not to comment.

One contribution puts forward the argument that we shouldn't discuss this. What a w@nker.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 7th, 2024, 1:18 pm Well there we have it. Nearly 2,000, mostly I suspect from people who will hold different views on what County's ticket price policy should be. Amberexile, George Guest, and Chris Davies hold one view. I hold the opposite view. I suspect there are those right across the spectrum who choose not to comment.

One contribution puts forward the argument that we shouldn't discuss this. What a w@nker.
186 thousand views on the trust thread.

Send him to Coventry we don't want discussion, etc etc etc.

What is it that they are asking for at present? A survey of a quarter of the fans, in order to represent three quarters of the club board.

One third of the club board has decided to put the match day tickets prices up. That will further reduce the current 5% income from the quarter of fans that will be represented.

Sending me to Coventry, and hiding behind prices worked, didn't it?

Bangitintrnet wrote: April 7th, 2024, 1:36 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 7th, 2024, 1:18 pm Well there we have it. Nearly 2,000, mostly I suspect from people who will hold different views on what County's ticket price policy should be. Amberexile, George Guest, and Chris Davies hold one view. I hold the opposite view. I suspect there are those right across the spectrum who choose not to comment.

182 thousand views on the trust thread.

What is it that they are asking for at present? A survey of a quarter of the fans, in order to represent three quarters of the club board.

One quarter of the club board has decided to put the match day tickets prices up. That will further reduce the current 5% income from the quarter of fans that will be represented.

I'm not sending you to Coventry. Your views on ticket prices are valid. Nobody thinks you're a w@nker for the views you hold. Your inability to recognize that discussion between people who hold divergent views is what forums are all about makes you, in my opinion a rather sad individual. Your claiming that I or anybody else shouldn't be free to express those views makes you, in my opinion, disturbingly anti-democratic. Your belief that anybody takes a blind bit of notice of your self-proclaimed morale authority makes you, in my opinion, look foolish.

W@nker just about sums it up. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 7th, 2024, 2:28 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: April 7th, 2024, 1:36 pm

182 thousand views on the trust thread.

One quarter of the club board has decided to put the match day tickets prices up. That will further reduce the current 5% income from the quarter of fans that will be represented.

I'm not sending you to Coventry. Your views on ticket prices are valid. Nobody thinks you're a w@nker for the views you hold. Your inability to recognize that discussion between people who hold divergent views is what forums are all about makes you, in my opinion a rather sad individual. Your claiming that I or anybody else shouldn't be free to express those views makes you, in my opinion, disturbingly anti-democratic. Your belief that anybody takes a blind bit of notice of your self-proclaimed morale authority makes you, in my opinion, look foolish.

W@nker just about sums it up. :grin:
Everything is about you. It's not discussion it's just an excuse to attack, obviously having a discussion with someone who just wants to call people names is pointless, which is of course exactly why you do it.

You start new threads as a squirrel, oh look over here.........

As mentioned 186 thousand views of a thread that I told everyone to ignore me, and read what others were responding.........
Chris Davis wanted to send me to Coventry..............