Re: Prices.

Think you are totally wrong with your last paragraph. Taking away the OAP reduction would simply reduce the gate attendance, (never going to happen anyway). It simply has nothing to do with attracting new fans. You need to move onto other ideas like bring your children in free. Mum may come along as well then and pay the going rate.

Hazel wrote: April 8th, 2024, 9:55 am Where in this country do OAP's not get a reduction in pricing. I guess this Bangit fella is not an OAP or pretty well off. County would certainly make the news in an awful way if that occurred.
I suspect the real reason is that Bangit' knows I'm an OAP and this is just another rather pathetic attempt to wind me up.

On topic my view is subjective but hopefully has a certain logic. Living i the west of Ireland I still want my football fix. So I watch and support Sligo Rovers. However I'm not passionate about Sligo in the way I am about Newport County. If Sligo get laced up 4-0 at home to Galway it doesn't ruin my day. As such at 180 Euro I'm quite happy to buy a season ticket. If it were 350 I probably wouldn't bother. My view is that lots of people in Newport feel the same about County as I do about Sligo. So financially I think it makes sense to at least examine the optimum price level.

The second reason is that if we believe that a football club is a community asset then we should consider how to make football available to people who haven't been fortunate in terms of having a disposable income. Some will be pensioners, some young people, some on zero hours contracts, some with a young family. That's a lot of people. From a personal point of view, I'm aware that I got lucky in life, which at it's heart is where me and the likes of Bangit' differ. I can imagine what it's like to have to watch every penny, that Bangit' can't rather sums him up.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 8th, 2024, 10:33 am
Hazel wrote: April 8th, 2024, 9:55 am Where in this country do OAP's not get a reduction in pricing. I guess this Bangit fella is not an OAP or pretty well off. County would certainly make the news in an awful way if that occurred.
I suspect the real reason is that Bangit' knows I'm an OAP and this is just another rather pathetic attempt to wind me up.

On topic my view is subjective but hopefully has a certain logic. Living i the west of Ireland I still want my football fix. So I watch and support Sligo Rovers. However I'm not passionate about Sligo in the way I am about Newport County. If Sligo get laced up 4-0 at home to Galway it doesn't ruin my day. As such at 180 Euro I'm quite happy to buy a season ticket. If it were 350 I probably wouldn't bother. My view is that lots of people in Newport feel the same about County as I do about Sligo. So financially I think it makes sense to at least examine the optimum price level.

The second reason is that if we believe that a football club is a community asset then we should consider how to make football available to people who haven't been fortunate in terms of having a disposable income. Some will be pensioners, some young people, some on zero hours contracts, some with a young family. That's a lot of people. From a personal point of view, I'm aware that I got lucky in life, which at it's heart is where me and the likes of Bangit' differ. I can imagine what it's like to have to watch every penny, that Bangit' can't rather sums him up.
Why on earth would I want to wind up someone who doesn't go, and therefore isn't impacted by being a senior in any way, unlike myself?

Your inability to focus on anything but yourself, parallels exactly what I am highlighting in the voting trust fanbase........

Hazel wrote: April 8th, 2024, 10:26 am Think you are totally wrong with your last paragraph. Taking away the OAP reduction would simply reduce the gate attendance, (never going to happen anyway). It simply has nothing to do with attracting new fans. You need to move onto other ideas like bring your children in free. Mum may come along as well then and pay the going rate.
We don't know what it would do to dyed in the wool fans do we? What we do know is seniors have benefited unreasonably due to the Trust running the club, and having to consider trust contributions dropping from the senior demographic. Now that HJ is running the club that money is less vital, and the commercial balance can be restored by targeting new fans. How likely is it that new fans will be in a senior age group?

You seem to have missed that I mentioned that the club needs to target the lost generation more, which under the Trust it hasn't.

Bangitintrnet wrote: April 8th, 2024, 10:56 am
Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 8th, 2024, 10:33 am

Why on earth would I want to wind up someone who doesn't go, and therefore isn't impacted by being a senior in any way, unlike myself?

Your inability to focus on anything but yourself, parallels exactly what I am highlighting in the voting trust fanbase........
Black pot kettle - Rearrange

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 8th, 2024, 2:29 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: April 8th, 2024, 10:56 am

Why on earth would I want to wind up someone who doesn't go, and therefore isn't impacted by being a senior in any way, unlike myself?........

In the absence of evidence to the contrary I'd say because you're a complete moron. :grin:
Coming from a Sligo supporting Irish man, that could be a compliment.

This Jenkins chap is pure genius. Giving advance notice that he will wait for me to turn 65 before putting senior tickets up by 28%. It would have no impact on the number of games I would attend had he done it earlier but appreciated all the same.

Amberexile wrote: April 8th, 2024, 3:56 pm This Jenkins chap is pure genius. Giving advance notice that he will wait for me to turn 65 before putting senior tickets up by 28%. It would have no impact on the number of games I would attend had he done it earlier but appreciated all the same.
If only he'd have given advance notice to families with kids aged 7-11 that their season tickets were going up by 100%.

Jonesy3 wrote: April 8th, 2024, 4:15 pm
Amberexile wrote: April 8th, 2024, 3:56 pm This Jenkins chap is pure genius. Giving advance notice that he will wait for me to turn 65 before putting senior tickets up by 28%. It would have no impact on the number of games I would attend had he done it earlier but appreciated all the same.
If only he'd have given advance notice to families with kids aged 7-11 that their season tickets were going up by 100%.
As someone who that potentially impacts, I don't think £65 (or was it £60?) represents anything but good value. £30 odd quid for the season for a teenager at EFL level was stupidly cheap.

I note the 'Jenkins chap' has just turned 61 himself. Perhaps he looking at keeping his own season ticket cheap? :grin:

rncfc wrote: April 8th, 2024, 4:25 pm
As someone who that potentially impacts, I don't think £65 (or was it £60?) represents anything but good value. £30 odd quid for the season for a teenager at EFL level was stupidly cheap.
I don't disagree, as I said on the season tickets thread. Nevertheless, for some families an extra £30 might make a considerable difference.

Jonesy3 wrote: April 8th, 2024, 4:34 pm
I don't disagree, as I said on the season tickets thread. Nevertheless, for some families an extra £30 might make a considerable difference.
It might do, yep. I guess they might be forced to buy their own season ticket, and then just do the kids tickets on the day and take them to less games maybe, if things are tight. Personally, I'm not convinced this will have much of an impact. If you can afford to pay the adult season ticket at a frozen price, then the extra 30 notes for the kids probably isn't too much of a problem - I was expecting it to have gone up, as I will be getting ST's this season for me and my son (and maybe daughter if I can convince her).

I'm sure all of this went into the thought process.

rncfc wrote: April 8th, 2024, 4:38 pm
Jonesy3 wrote: April 8th, 2024, 4:34 pm
It might do, yep. I guess they might be forced to buy their own season ticket, and then just do the kids tickets on the day and take them to less games maybe, if things are tight. Personally, I'm not convinced this will have much of an impact. If you can afford to pay the adult season ticket at a frozen price, then the extra 30 notes for the kids probably isn't too much of a problem - I was expecting it to have gone up, as I will be getting ST's this season for me and my son (and maybe daughter if I can convince her).

I'm sure all of this went into the thought process.
What's your daughter done to deserve that sort of punishment :grin:

I didn't read down as far as the bit about the senior age reverting to 65. I'd be a bit miffed if I was ten years younger. I did get stung for twelve months when the bizarre concept of 'premium seats' in the Bisley was introduced. Never got my head around getting rained on in a Premium seat. Thankfully that idea only lasted for one season.