Re: Season tickets 2024/25

Good prices for under 16's - shame about not utilizing the empty space on the north terrace to go for a super cheap option but understand stewarding costs might make this a gamble if not many go for it - do think we should try to get some of those huge advertising banners draped over it or invite fans group to have their flags up on that space as an empty space just creates a poor image.

CathedralCounty wrote: April 8th, 2024, 12:05 pm Good prices for under 16's - shame about not utilizing the empty space on the north terrace to go for a super cheap option but understand stewarding costs might make this a gamble if not many go for it - do think we should try to get some of those huge advertising banners draped over it or invite fans group to have their flags up on that space as an empty space just creates a poor image.
Agreed, but it's pretty empty normally anyway.

Very pleased with this. Finally a chairman of Newport County who gets that if you want people to come to Rodney Parade it is better to offer value for money rather than just squeeze. Huw Jenkins has done what I would have done. Notwithstanding that I was saying this for the last three days, I doubt Huw took any notice of me. I claim no credit but I have to say that he was diplomatic in his views on the last board, which is more than I managed. He has communicated openly with the supporters, which is more than the previous board ever did. And finally he was made football more accessible to the people of Newport.

I am encouraged.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 8th, 2024, 1:03 pm Very pleased with this. Finally a chairman of Newport County who gets that if you want people to come to Rodney Parade it is better to offer value for money rather than just squeeze...........
Well, I've had a season ticket throughout the time of many Newport County chairmen and I've never felt that my season ticket increases,when they happened, could be described as a deliberate squeeze.
Last edited by excessbee on April 8th, 2024, 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bangitintrnet wrote: April 8th, 2024, 12:08 pm
CathedralCounty wrote: April 8th, 2024, 12:05 pm Good prices for under 16's - shame about not utilizing the empty space on the north terrace to go for a super cheap option but understand stewarding costs might make this a gamble if not many go for it - do think we should try to get some of those huge advertising banners draped over it or invite fans group to have their flags up on that space as an empty space just creates a poor image.
Agreed, but it's pretty empty normally anyway.
Yes rather a gamble to go for my option - might have worked though and my odd time on the North terrace has been enjoyable if rather Baltic, hey ho lets hope its covered by a temporary stand for many big games next season!

On the under 16 point its really good pricing - get them young - keep them when they grow old.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 8th, 2024, 1:03 pm Very pleased with this. Finally a chairman of Newport County who gets that if you want people to come to Rodney Parade it is better to offer value for money rather than just squeeze. Huw Jenkins has done what I would have done. Notwithstanding that I was saying this for the last three days, I doubt Huw took any notice of me. I claim no credit but I have to say that he was diplomatic in his views on the last board, which is more than I managed. He has communicated openly with the supporters, which is more than the previous board ever did. And finally he was made football more accessible to the people of Newport.

I am encouraged.
A good decision by the new owner. However, to suggest this is something new is not accurate. I've been a season ticket holder with my family for the last 10 years. Under the previous Trust ownership, season ticket prices were frozen for four seasons in a row.

Jonesy3 wrote: April 8th, 2024, 2:52 pm Some devil in the detail as you'd expect. If you have kids aged 7-11, then the price of their season ticket has doubled.

Yes, season tickets are very cheap for kids and that is to be applauded, but an extra £30 is still a lot for many families.
That might be a kick in the nads for some families - 2 kids at 2x £30 is a bit towards a weeks camping holiday or a few nice Christmas presents (or a chunk of the utility bill for a month), it simplifies it though I guess - did feel we had far too many categories tbh.

Not facetiousness of braggadocio by me - genuinely if you know of a genuine family(ies) in this position I'll get £30 to them - message me if this is the case would far rather share the joy (or misery) of 'County than just spaff on sponsoring a player's shirt.

It must be a real sickener for those with an inflated ego that once again my analysis of what Huw Jenkins would do regarding season tickets was right.

As for match day tickets I suspect he will raise prices in line with inflation. I personally would not do so but I can see his logic, that being to encourage season ticket sales. A bird in the Strand is worth two in Shepherd's Bush and all that.