Re: Wilfried Bony

County-at-the-races wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:I don't blame the lad best of luck to him he has to secure him and his families future
Seriously?
How much money must he have already that would keep most of us going from the age of 31? And this is what is wrong with football, even supporters saying he needs as much money as possible to retire on! Does he not have plans to do 'SOMETHING' from 35 or 40 or is he just going to sit on his arse getting fat and waiting for death.
Now I don't blame him if some clowns in the desert want to pay him millions, but it will hardly be testing himself will it, or putting something back into the country that provided his chance at fame and riches?
Yep, some of these buggers earn more in a year than ordinary folk earn in a lifetime. Not many are bothered about giving something back to the communities that provided them with a splendid lifestyle.

He probably needs the money the same as many of us.
He may have earned a fortune so far but they also spend money like it is going out of fashion too so probably hasn't got that much left for retirement....
It would shock many people when seeing the figures of how many 'sports stars ' are bankrupt a few years after their careers end .
They have an army of 'hanger-ons' that they have to pay as well , (with many top stars having their own medical experts , chefs , hairdressers , personnel assistants etc ....then they have their agents pressurising them into moves as well to boost their accounts too.
These pampered stars dont live in the real world like you or I......I was reading a report once where it said that Raheem Sterling had a room at his mansion turned into a hairdressing studio and had a hairdresser come in every day...thats right EVERYDAY, to cut his hair at £500 per day

Anything in the media about what Raheem Sterling spends is barely reliable. He was slaughtered for buying his mum a house by the Mail.

In fairness, lots of players from poorer nations spend a hell of a lot of money back home. I remember reading that Sadio Mane was funding the building of schools, hospitals and mosques in Senegal.

If you've got the opportunity to make huge amounts of money, do it while you can.