Re: Raising revenue

Exile 1976 wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Piss poor as usual but what else did you expect from them?
Well, in this particular instance I did expect better. It is not as if I am emailing to complain about the club. I have offered to help and suggested something positive.

You would have thought that as it was an idea for raising much needed revenue with a bloody good PR opportunity as well that they would have been a bit more responsive.

Mate, people that emailed the club regarding potential sponsorship were ignored.
Great idea by the way but it hasn’t surprised me one bit that you have not had a reply yet. Although I suspect that after their lapdogs have read this thread you’ll receive one in the next few days
I hope you are ‘effin right. We’ll see.

Willthiswork wrote:Wouldn't they wait until the next BoD meeting to discuss it?
Rather too late by then..
How hard is it to contact Pembs to tell him that, if thats the case.
Maybe Kevin Ward wants the suggestion coming from himself only.

The board had already discussed it a month before Pembs submitted the suggestion, and communicated that in the minutes. They said they were looking into cut-outs as a possible add-on to season tickets so if it's a runner that's when I'd expect to hear about it.

They'll be in the hands of RP if they do and it wouldn't surprise me if it needed a local volunteer to put them up and take them down for every game, and cardboard will obviously deteriorate more in the autumn. (FWIW I think it's a potential opportunity for both sports to come together but the rugby would need to be equally enthusiastic.)

George Street-Bridge wrote:The board had already discussed it a month before Pembs submitted the suggestion, and communicated that in the minutes. They said they were looking into cut-outs as a possible add-on to season tickets so if it's a runner that's when I'd expect to hear about it.

They'll be in the hands of RP if they do and it wouldn't surprise me if it needed a local volunteer to put them up and take them down for every game, and cardboard will obviously deteriorate more in the autumn. (FWIW I think it's a potential opportunity for both sports to come together but the rugby would need to be equally enthusiastic.)
I don’t think the examples that I saw at Elland Road were cardboard cut outs. To me they seemed to be a part of the attached fabric of the seat. That would be better.

There were also a lot of issues discussed as an add on to season tickets. Part of paragraph5 of the minutes of June 25 says ‘These could be included in the benefits for season tickets and sold separately for non season ticket holders’. There is absolutely no requirement therefore for it to be linked to the selling of season tickets. They have said so themselves.

They need to get a move on. The season starts soon. A fantastic money spinning opportunity awaits.

Exile 1976 wrote:The one problem we have is that ifollow games are filmed from the Bisley stand aren't they? For this to work well we'd need games filmed from the Hazell side
I was thinking filming from the gantry and the placards being located in the Hazel. However, whatever suits best, use that one.

Several weeks ago I was reliably informed that the club were looking to get something up and running prior to the first home game. It wouldn’t be placards as I had hoped but something else. Looking at the TV pictures from RP this morning it seems nothing has happened. I was asked not to say anything yet as the club wanted to make an announcement. What a complete waste of an opportunity to raise some cash. Unless the idea was hidden away somewhere from the TV cameras I didn’t see anything.

pembsexile wrote:Several weeks ago I was reliably informed that the club were looking to get something up and running prior to the first home game. It wouldn’t be placards as I had hoped but something else. Looking at the TV pictures from RP this morning it seems nothing has happened. I was asked not to say anything yet as the club wanted to make an announcement. What a complete waste of an opportunity to raise some cash. Unless the idea was hidden away somewhere from the TV cameras I didn’t see anything.
Morning mate.
Its that old chestnut.
Openness.
Have now had over the last 12 months 5 mailings sent to the board relating to different matters.
All immediately confirmed as being received by return.

Replies then - Zero.

pembsexile wrote:Several weeks ago I was reliably informed that the club were looking to get something up and running prior to the first home game. It wouldn’t be placards as I had hoped but something else. Looking at the TV pictures from RP this morning it seems nothing has happened. I was asked not to say anything yet as the club wanted to make an announcement. What a complete waste of an opportunity to raise some cash. Unless the idea was hidden away somewhere from the TV cameras I didn’t see anything.

You're not surprised though surely?

Exile 1976 wrote:

You're not surprised though surely?
Not at all unfortunately. Although I did trust the word of the person who told me. The strange thing is, I still do, but not been told anything as promised. Very, very sad.