Re: Raising revenue

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Pembs
t looks Like Kevin Ward brought it up at this meeting.
Why nobody had the courtesy to reply to your 2 e mails is another matter.

Any chance of a bit of courtesy. :roll:
Yeh, just saw that Frank. At least the club are discussing it. Doesn’t say anything about an agreed course of action though, just that KW brought the matter up. I think it’s a great idea. Here’s hoping.

Quick update.
I have contacted the club again with some suggestions. In my email I have acknowledged that Kevin Ward raised it in June according to the Trust minutes. I think that is good. However, as yet there is no information as to what the club are doing about it, just that it was raised. I stated that I thought it was a good idea to get it up and running before the season starts. The clock is ticking.

I have also stated that if they want any assistance in getting this idea going, then I am available to help. Fingers crossed.

George Street-Bridge wrote:I like this suggestion in the minutes: "These could be included in the benefits for season tickets and sold separately to non-season ticket holders."
Yes, the definitive word there is ‘could’. They could do a lot of things. They could also;
Act quickly raising revenue before the season starts,
Get some excellent PR,
Raise money for good causes like the NHS as I suggested.

Unfortunately in chapter 5 the recommendation mentioned is about the policy for the pricing and structuring of the season tickets. The recommendation doesn’t seem to include the placards. That seems to have been mentioned as an add on at the end of the statement. I just hope they act quickly or they will miss a superb opportunity to raise cash before the season is scheduled to start. As I stated, there is no information about what the club are doing about it, only what could be done.

The theme throughout the latest minutes is wanting to have as much firm information as possible from the EFL and around iFollow options before launching season tickets, so supporters will know what they are getting for their money.

Until then, it's all just a series of "coulds". Including possibly adding an option to buy a cutout.

The club have given a comprehensive account as to where there is a problem with ifollow related to season tickets. Very commendable and I completely see their point.

Where they are not consistent is their lack of an explanation regarding the issuing or not of placards placed in the stands. They seem to have made a mistake in putting their comment about the placards at the end of a comprehensive discussion regarding season tickets and ifollow. Yes, it ‘could’ be a good idea to include them in season ticket benefits. Why though does it have to be linked to the sale of season tickets. Surely we can do it anyway. We certainly ‘could’ use the money. I seriously hope they have moved on from this position.

A lot of seated season ticket holders will be as much concerned about the retention of their current seating arrangements.
A non refundable holding fee of say £50 could bring in some much needed revenue, this could then be regarded as a deposit and deducted from the final price whenever ST’s go on sale.

Still nothing from the club regarding whether they ‘could’ implement the photo/placards idea. I just hope Kevin Ward has followed it up.

I have emailed them 4 times now. Had an acknowledgement each time to say they would be in touch ‘shortly’ but they never have. I have even offered to do some introductory work for them.

The season will soon be upon us, I just hope this is not a revenue opportunity lost.

pembsexile wrote:Still nothing from the club regarding whether they ‘could’ implement the photo/placards idea. I just hope Kevin Ward has followed it up.

I have emailed them 4 times now. Had an acknowledgement each time to say they would be in touch ‘shortly’ but they never have. I have even offered to do some introductory work for them.

The season will soon be upon us, I just hope this is not a revenue opportunity lost.
Morning mate.

Seriously its a total disgrace.

I am truly flabbergasted at the arrogance and rudeness shown again here.

Likewise as said before the same thing happened to myself previously.

The sooner this lot get removed and the likes and types of Charlie Hopkins, Rob Sant etc take over running our club cannot come soon enough.

Are these types out there?

Heres hoping.

Exile 1976 wrote:Piss poor as usual but what else did you expect from them?

Too busy moving money from pot A to pot B to make the raising the money towards the kit sponsorship look successful ??????
If it was £40,000 from NEW money that would be OK but to move money that was already destined for the club in other ways and call it a success doesn't sit right with a lot of fans , me included...

Well, in this particular instance I did expect better. It is not as if I am emailing to complain about the club. I have offered to help and suggested something positive.

You would have thought that as it was an idea for raising much needed revenue with a bloody good PR opportunity as well that they would have been a bit more responsive.

pembsexile wrote:
Well, in this particular instance I did expect better. It is not as if I am emailing to complain about the club. I have offered to help and suggested something positive.

You would have thought that as it was an idea for raising much needed revenue with a bloody good PR opportunity as well that they would have been a bit more responsive.

Mate, people that emailed the club regarding potential sponsorship were ignored.
Great idea by the way but it hasn’t surprised me one bit that you have not had a reply yet. Although I suspect that after their lapdogs have read this thread you’ll receive one in the next few days