Re: Full capasity grounds from july 19th

My only concern is that by opening up fully and removing all restrictions that some, as yet unjabbed, youngsters might decide they don’t want the jab now as it doesn’t give them any more freedom. Personally I will still wear a mask in shops and crowded places for a while and I suspect a good number will choose to at football. One major benefit is that I haven’t had a cold for over a year!

Countymax wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Find myself agreeing with Kardiff,& Pems exiles and Stan's posts.
The logical time would have been to wait 'til Sept when hopefully everyone would have had the opportunity to have a 2nd jab, to relax the regulations on social distancing and mask wearing. Believe that the PM is shirking his responsibilities and behaving recklessly by scrapping them this month. Besides the obvious lobbying of his backbenchers, it would appear he is giving up on continuing to try and enforce the rules, against an ever increasing tide of ignorant and negligent people flouting them.
I too hope that the Welsh government maintain some legal requirements on social distancing and mask wearing in the highest risk areas, whilst cases, but more crucially hospitalizations and deaths continue to rise. Of course that will inevitably mean some reduction in crowd capacity at RP, when matches start again. Still await confirmation of when that will be though.
Look at the actual numbers. Single digit deaths and increases in hospitalisations. I bet we have more people dying from road traffic accidents in Wales on a daily basis than COVID at present. The vaccine has broken the link between testing positive and hospitalisation & death.

https://coronaviruscymru.wales/hospital-data
You are correct in pointing to the low deaths and hospitalisations from Covid and this is due to the most vulnerable in society having already been fully vaccinated. I don't think that should see a large shift in our behaviours, in that while the infection rate continues to rise the incidence of spread is still high in public places. So we should still wear that mask while in the supermarket and when we venture to the toilet. We should still be gelling our hands at every opportunity because there is still the opportunity for transmission through touch.

It's about thinking of others around us and keeping them safe. So maintain that gap, wear that mask and gel those hands often. The Delta variant may be highly transferrable and generally speaking a milder form of Covid but the next variant might be a real b*stard and by stopping our behaviours now we are storing up difficulties further down the road.

I would add though that as a doubly vaccinated person I have no problem sitting next to someone at County games who is also doubly vaccinated. If he/she is okay with being without mask during the game then I would be too, but would wear my mask when going into communal areas.

Btw after I had my second vaccine and they'd stamped my card I laminated it and have put it in my wallet as proof that I am doubly vaccinated. This I think is a simple way of providing proof if needed.

wattsville_boy wrote:I would add though that as a doubly vaccinated person I have no problem sitting next to someone at County games who is also doubly vaccinated. If he/she is okay with being without mask during the game then I would be too, but would wear my mask when going into communal areas.

Btw after I had my second vaccine and they'd stamped my card I laminated it and have put it in my wallet as proof that I am doubly vaccinated. This I think is a simple way of providing proof if needed.
Unfortunately it is not proof. It can easily be forged. The way is to go on the Gov.Wales nhs website. You can get the download there for free. This is the one to show if asked. The scammers are already ‘putting it out there’ asking for a £4.99 admin fee. Please don’t be fooled.

Re: Full capacity grounds from 19th July

Interesting to see Chelsea FC insisting that match-going fans at Stamford Bridge (or Kingsmeadow where their women's team play) will have to either display proof of double vaccination or provide proof of a negative Lateral Flow Test carried out within 48 hours of kickoff.
Proof of full vaccination should be supplied via your NHS Covid Pass on the NHS app, or a vaccination letter. Supporters displaying a negative Lateral Flow result should do so on the NHS app, or via a text message or email from NHS Test and Trace. Stewards will check your Covid-19 status at your point of entry. If you are using your phone, please ensure it has sufficient battery.
I doubt we'll see similar requirements in Division Four - but I wonder how far down the leagues such requirements may end up going?

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Interesting to see Chelsea FC insisting that match-going fans at Stamford Bridge (or Kingsmeadow where their women's team play) will have to either display proof of double vaccination or provide proof of a negative Lateral Flow Test carried out within 48 hours of kickoff.
Proof of full vaccination should be supplied via your NHS Covid Pass on the NHS app, or a vaccination letter. Supporters displaying a negative Lateral Flow result should do so on the NHS app, or via a text message or email from NHS Test and Trace. Stewards will check your Covid-19 status at your point of entry. If you are using your phone, please ensure it has sufficient battery.
I doubt we'll see similar requirements in Division Four - but I wonder how far down the leagues such requirements may end up going?
How do they enforce that I got lateral flow kit at home because of work all you got to do is take an old test with you job done

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Interesting to see Chelsea FC insisting that match-going fans at Stamford Bridge (or Kingsmeadow where their women's team play) will have to either display proof of double vaccination or provide proof of a negative Lateral Flow Test carried out within 48 hours of kickoff.
This is just plain daft if not country/leagues wide. What about a packed (or even a just above half-full) crowd at places like RP, Accrington, Fleetwood, Salford, Bournemouth, Plymouth, ... (i.e. low capacity stadia or medium capacity stadia with usually large crowds)?

Kairdiff Exile wrote:I refer the Honourable Gentleman to the sentence in the quoted section where it says: "Supporters displaying a negative Lateral Flow result should do so on the NHS app, or via a text message or email from NHS Test and Trace".
Even then that requires you to register your test honestly. Whenever I do mine, it gives you an option of choosing positive or negative. Easy enough to get around if someone wants to fake their test result.

DT1892 wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:I refer the Honourable Gentleman to the sentence in the quoted section where it says: "Supporters displaying a negative Lateral Flow result should do so on the NHS app, or via a text message or email from NHS Test and Trace".
Even then that requires you to register your test honestly. Whenever I do mine, it gives you an option of choosing positive or negative. Easy enough to get around if someone wants to fake their test result.
Yep

The NHS Covid app regarding vaccines I mentioned some time ago is only available at the moment in England. You can get a proof of vaccination certificate but you don’t get the app. It only lasts for a short time. You can also get a paper copy if you want one. I have no idea why the Welsh app is not available yet whilst the English one is. I made the mistake of downloading the app and following the instructions only to be told that it can’t be used in Wales yet.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Just back in Ireland having spent the last four months in Cwmbran.

Now regardless of whether you agree with Mark Drakeford's politics or indeed his decision as to when football stadiums can be fully opened, it was refreshing to see a poliction actually answer the questions put to him.
You can access your vaccination data online (but not via an app). Google "NHS Covid Pass Wales".

You have to set yourself up with a log in, which includes uploading a photo of your passport and a video of you saying a PIN number. This is one-off though.

EDIT: This was in response to Pembsexile's post, not yours sorry Stan.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:You can get a vaccination certificate in Wales a week or so after getting your second jab by ringing up. I carry mine around in my coat pocket just in case it’s needed at some point!

https://gov.wales/get-nhs-covid-pass-sh ... tion-73757
If you follow the above link part of it say "It is recommended that you get the digital COVID Pass rather than the paper version. You will be able to show this on your phone, tablet or laptop.

People in Wales cannot currently use the NHS app to access their NHS COVID Pass and vaccination status."
Does anybody know which app you are supposed to use as its not on the NHS app?