Re: New away kit

NearlyDead wrote:I like it as a shirt (but then blue is my colour), but I can't help laughing at the description for its inspiration: "inspired by the River Usk which flows through our city - features light and dark shades of teal, while the Exiles' traditional home colours are also present."

If it was inspired by the Usk in Newport then surely it should be shades of muddy brown!

I realise it doesn't actually say that it's inspired by the Usk in Newport and that if you get the camera angle right and the sun is out on a cloudless day then you can get pictures where the Usk in Newport can appear blueish, but I can only think the design team were based somewhere between Abergavenny and Brecon.
It it was blue I wouldn't had minded, quite like the design but really dislike turquoise

wattsville_boy wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:It’s a matter of personal taste.Some fans like the plain amber but will dislike this wanting traditional white.I personally think the amber is bland and boring and,would have preferred some of the designs that fans put on here.I like this shirt,a bit like Liverpool away last season.I am all for experimenting with the kits,I used to do it when I was kitman,some people liked them,some didn’t,in fact,the Tom Witton kit was named the sick kit by some who weren’t so keen on it.I,and others loved it.
I agree. When you look back at previous kits then the Tom Witton green stands out as one of the more iconic. I'll probably buy this one because it'll look good with jeans. And it'll likely become an iconic shirt. But more experimenting with the shirts would be welcome going forward. And it would be nice to see the sponsors logo more integral to the shirt, not looking like something sewn on at the last minute.
Thanks for the compliment but,did you like the amber Tom Witton or,did it remind you of sick.

I really like but,why did we pick light blue for the keepers shirt when this kit was already being manufactured.For some reason,we only have two keeper kits so could cause a problem for the kitman.The answer would be to have three which would create extra player sponsorship opportunities as well.