An open and honest chat

I see that MF has had his open and honest chat with the club. He has stated that there were a few things last season that he was not happy about. I wonder what they were. We can all guess but no-one can be sure.

He has also stated that he has had moments of self criticism as well. These have been discussed with club officials. It seems he is staying as he has 10 months of his contract left and is not a quitter.

Good luck Mike, c’mon the County and let’s have a successful season.

Re: An open and honest chat

He had a statement to make after last season. In the interview he said, ‘it’s coming together. We need to freshen it up when going forward as our top scorer last season finished with 7 goals. We missed out on strikers because of finances. He is addressing the issue. Hardly meaningless guff is it?

I think we need to concentrate on midfield creativity and scoring some more goals. With the new pitch and some new players hopefully we will improve in this area.

Forgot to add - at one stage last season we were stringing together 100 more passes than we were doing in the season before. That stopped when the winter affected the pitch. I hope the pitch lends itself to constructive football this season. It’s the play offs for me.