Re: Exiles Grandstand, home v Northampton Town

Exile 1976 wrote:Quite simply an awful performance by Gwent County standards, let alone League 2.
Flynny looked completely disinterested.
I think what I was told a couple of months back could be right and he will be off before the end of September.
Read what he had to say after the match. Still suffering from the after-effects of Covid, particularly with headaches.
Quote from his post-match interview: “I can’t even get too angry because I am still getting the odd headache [after having coronavirus], that’s why I was sat down in the dugout."

Jonesy3 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Quite simply an awful performance by Gwent County standards, let alone League 2.
Flynny looked completely disinterested.
I think what I was told a couple of months back could be right and he will be off before the end of September.
Read what he had to say after the match. Still suffering from the after-effects of Covid, particularly with headaches.
Quote from his post-match interview: “I can’t even get too angry because I am still getting the odd headache [after having coronavirus], that’s why I was sat down in the dugout."

Yet he didn't seem to have that problem on Friday. Oh, and he doesn't need to be angry, perhaps he could have encouraged the players, give them direction etc etc .... If he's not fit to do his job properly then perhaps he shouldn't be on the bench until he is.

I think we all did a double-take when we saw the team sheet. I guessed from it that we were playing 4:4:2 which I didn’t believe. I just don’t understand why players who have contributed well recently like Telford were ignored and the team changed so radically. I also wonder why we’ve resorted to hoofball again. Another thing, Day is a good stopper but does not contribute to playing the ball out from the back, the absence of Townsend has disrupted the defence imho and what is the punching all about? Last night was totally mystifying and I know not where we go from here.

Robster wrote:Abrahams looks just the build and has the speed to be an excellent player. However...I have never seen a worst performance from a county forward. Cannot remember a single positive contribution the whole 90 mins.
Azeez and Tristan had speed and looked the part but,like Timmy,they didn’t have the skill to be successful.I couldn’t fault the effort of all three but,maybe they should have been athletes rather than footballers.

Last season,playing out from the back was a success.We surprised teams with our new style,Matty found a new role that was made for him and,we had Brandon who was superb at bringing the ball out.This season,teams set up to rush and close us down,Matty has been used as a man marking CB instead of the spare man and,instead of Brandon we have Dennis.I wouldn’t just blame Dennis but,this turning back all the time is ridiculous.Norman isn’t very good at bringing the ball out either and,even though I rate Clarke as a defender,he wasn’t too clever at it either.Even MD is struggling with it,look at that awful pass for Livermore early doors.The answer is ditch the playing out from the back,it isn’t working,in fact,it is costing us goals,oh yes,we have Edison,not,to screw balls into the stands to frustrate the fans even more.

Percy plunkett wrote:Last season,playing out from the back was a success.We surprised teams with our new style,Matty found a new role that was made for him and,we had Brandon who was superb at bringing the ball out.This season,teams set up to rush and close us down,Matty has been used as a man marking CB instead of the spare man and,instead of Brandon we have Dennis.I wouldn’t just blame Dennis but,this turning back all the time is ridiculous.Norman isn’t very good at bringing the ball out either and,even though I rate Clarke as a defender,he wasn’t too clever at it either.Even MD is struggling with it,look at that awful pass for Livermore early doors.The answer is ditch the playing out from the back,it isn’t working,in fact,it is costing us goals,oh yes,we have Edison,not,to screw balls into the stands to frustrate the fans even more.
Very good summary of the issues we are facing.

Percy plunkett wrote:Last season,playing out from the back was a success.We surprised teams with our new style,Matty found a new role that was made for him and,we had Brandon who was superb at bringing the ball out.This season,teams set up to rush and close us down,Matty has been used as a man marking CB instead of the spare man and,instead of Brandon we have Dennis.I wouldn’t just blame Dennis but,this turning back all the time is ridiculous.Norman isn’t very good at bringing the ball out either and,even though I rate Clarke as a defender,he wasn’t too clever at it either.Even MD is struggling with it,look at that awful pass for Livermore early doors.The answer is ditch the playing out from the back,it isn’t working,in fact,it is costing us goals,oh yes,we have Edison,not,to screw balls into the stands to frustrate the fans even more.
Found myself agreeing with every word re. playing out from the back, and would add that Day isn't the right 'keeper for the job either, but I'm confused with your 'Edison' referal and analogy A typo for Ellison?